BY SHEAMOISTURE

This shampoo helps regulate sebum production while alleviating itching and flaking. Treats dandruff, eczema & psoriasis. Plantain enzyme: Helps to alleviate itchiness and irritation. Tea tree: Removes buildup for enhanced shine and volume. Willow bark extract: Exfoliates and detoxifies hair and scalp. Ethically traded ingredients, sustainably produced. No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates. Cruelty free, no animal testing. Color safe, organic.

Buy on Jet.com
  • "Its very runny, so it takes some time to get used to, but it gets the job done and smells great!" in 3 reviews
  • "It works wonders for my scalp but it's just toooooo drying for my hair." in 3 reviews
  • "I have tried a LOT of different products to help with my dry scalp and dandruff, even prescription shampoos, and nothing compares to this stuff!" in 3 reviews
  • "I started using this because of my flakey scalp, very impressed on how moisturized my hair was after the cleansing." in 2 reviews
  • "I use a small amount in my trouble spots and really focus on gently rubbing it into my scalp." in 2 reviews
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Mc Farland, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a free sample of this shampoo and conditioner in the mail a few days ago. My scalp condition is pretty bad because I'm constantly picking at and scratching it which causes sores and only makes it itch more, which releases scalp oils that makes my hair greasy. After using the shampoo & conditioner, I instantly felt scalp relief, my hair had a healthy shine to it, and my scalp didn't itch the whole day. Head & Shoulders does not do that for me! Now that being said, there are some cons to both the shampoo and conditioner. The major one is that they don't smell good; in the bottle they smell like sunscreen lotion/tanning oil but after I used it, it made my hair smell strongly like musk which is something I hate because it gives me headaches. The second thing I dislike is how they don't lather up, forcing me to use a larger amount than I would need if it did lather. I truly love what this does to my hair and scalp, but it's expensive and the smell is far too strong and musky so I don't know if I'll buy it.
Ez C.
Ez C.
Massachusetts
I've been using this bad boy for over a YEAR!
(Only two bottles so far) ((I know, right?))
This stuff not only smells INCREDIBLE but also lathers like a dream.
Just drop about a quarter-sized portion down on a shampoo brush and you're golden- from crew cuts to bobs to a gorgeous mane, Shea Moisture's got you covered.
Wait, I forgot to mention how amazing this stuff is for your scalp.
When I started using this I had thick wet dandruff, and months of dry skin piled up on my scalp- but after using Shea Moisture's dandruff shampoo and conditioner my comb couldn't pick up even one flake!
(Note: I do have thick Jewish hair, so I'm not sure how well this would work on thin hair)
((Double note: this stuff is great if you're nursing damaged hair back to health))
Sara Z.
Sara Z.
Phoenix, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just received a free sample size of this in the mail, and it works super well for me!! I have been hearing more and more about this brand and all the good things that it brings to people and I wanted to be a part of the action! I don't have a huge huge huge problem with dandruff, but at least once or twice a week I notice a lot of flaking, itching and dryness in my scalp. This felt so nice, it doesn't lather and that is something to expect from natural ingredients. I actually like the feeling of washing my hair with no lather. It doesn't dry out my hair so much before putting in conditioner. I thought the smell was nice, it really made my hair feel great!! I will definitely be going to pick some more of this up!!
Miraya J.
Miraya J.
College Park, MD
I have been searching for a shampoo that can cleanse my hair and scalp without striping the natural oils from my hair. I've tried everything but nothing worked for me. I was in the beauty supply store today and I saw it on the shelf. Now as I stated in other reviews I am a true advocate for Shea Moisture so I decided to give it a try. I am happy to say that this is now one of my staple shampoos. It cleaned my scalp so well but did not strip the natural oils from my hair. It smells great too!
Jasmin S.
Jasmin S.
Murphy, TX
When I was pregnant I suddenly got horrible dandruff. I don't know if it had to do with pregnancy or stress, but I really hadn't had much dandruff since I was a kid. Serious flakes you could see in my black hair no matter what I washed with. I got this and washed starting every other day. It cleared up probably after two uses, it was amazing. I finished up the bottle only using every week or so, so it lasted a while. It clears your hair of any buildup as well and I really liked the smell.
Somaya S.
Somaya S.
Brooklyn, NY
10/10 because it makes my hair smell so good. And it's an affordable price. I suggest when you do use it keep it in your hair for about 10mins and then wash it out don't just lather it and wash because then there is no point. I have a flaky scalp but this works so good that it's gone down and I'm not as flaky anymore. Many different shampoos that say they would work on dry scalp usually don't trust me I've used so many but I swear by this shampoo folks !
rachel s.
rachel s.
Cloverdale, CA
This is a fantastic shampoo that does what it says. I purchased this for a natural dandruff control and it absolutely keeps it at bay. The scent is delicious (far superior to any of the other natural alternatives,) and it foams well. I do however need to use a good amount of product but I don't mind. ... it's very reasonably priced amd if you suffer from flakey scalp then you know that a dandruff free head is priceless!
Megan S.
Megan S.
Milwaukee, WI
This stuff is amazing!! Paired with the match Black African Soap conditioner, this is a shampoo to be reckoned with. I bought them for my boyfriend who has HORRIBLE dandruff. He would literally flake all over my apartment and it was gross. Even after one use we saw a huge difference, and now you wouldn't even guess that he even has dandruff! This stuff is seriously AMAZING and has a very nice and natural smell.
Victoria B.
Victoria B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
There are so many products that claim to tame natural hair but don't ... Shea Moisture is NOT one of them. This shampoo is everything! It does not strip your hair, it smells phenomenal, AND I nourishes your hair!!! Plus you can never go wrong with JBCO. Curls be poppin ➰➰➰. It is a little on the expensive side but your hair definitely gets what you pay for. I highly recommend to all!
Clarissa J.
Clarissa J.
Little Rock, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just recently started using this product because I have started getting bad dandruff. I try to use it every other week to keep my dandruff at bay, and so far it has been working. The only things that I really don't like about it is that it does leave my hair a little dry. But I just make sure that I use a good moisturizing conditioner along with it.
Darnise C.
Darnise C.
Huntsville, AL
Can people with relaxed hair use the product?
Haley G.
Haley G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Probably a dumb questions but this isn't specifically for African American hair, right?
Makayla T.
Makayla T.
Ann Arbor, MI
How well does this worth for people with natural hair ?
juanita B.
juanita B.
Irvington, NJ
How well is the results of this shampoo on relaxed hair?
Julie F.
Julie F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone with psoriasis tried shampoo, if so how does it work for you?