BY SHEAMOISTURE #17 in Shampoo

This shampoo helps regulate sebum production while alleviating itching and flaking. Treats dandruff, eczema & psoriasis. Plantain enzyme: Helps to alleviate itchiness and irritation. Tea tree: Removes buildup for enhanced shine and volume. Willow bark extract: Exfoliates and detoxifies hair and scalp. Ethically traded ingredients, sustainably produced. No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates. Cruelty free, no animal testing. Color safe, organic.

SheaMoisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo
  • "I have tried a LOT of different products to help with my dry scalp and dandruff, even prescription shampoos, and nothing compares to this stuff!" in 3 reviews
  • "It works wonders for my scalp but it's just toooooo drying for my hair." in 3 reviews
  • "Its very runny, so it takes some time to get used to, but it gets the job done and smells great!" in 3 reviews
  • "I use a small amount in my trouble spots and really focus on gently rubbing it into my scalp." in 2 reviews
  • "I started using this because of my flakey scalp, very impressed on how moisturized my hair was after the cleansing." in 2 reviews
Adebisi A.
Pretty happy with this product!
It’s about in every store: Target, Walmart, etc., for around $9. It’s Sulfate & Paraben free.

Me & my daughter had dirty, itchy, flaky scalps from hair gel & this cleaned it right up. My daughters kinky-curly hair felt nicely moisturized & didn’t dry out quickly after, which is how Paraben-included shampoos affect her hair. So that made me happy too. It doesn’t have the prettiest smell in the world, it smells like Figs, but it doesn’t stink at all. And I wanted clean hair, not hair perfume, anyway. Besides, the hair cream I put in after, smells beautiful. The shampoo is nice & thick & lathers well. I will continue buying & using!
Britt M.
This smells great and my first initial use with this shampoo my hair was super bouncy, shiny and voluminous. It looked like I had a salon blowout without any of the effort or price tag. Unfortunately the more I used this the more strawlike my hair became. It was as if the life and moisturize was zapped from my hair, and it became brittle, dry, and lackluster. I stopped using it and it took me quite some time to revive my hair. Using my L’Oréal mask nightly repaired my hair thankfully.
Kylee O.
Best shampoo I have ever tried. I have both the shampoo and the conditioner, which I purchased at target for a very reasonable price. I'm not sure why people are saying that it's expensive, even for me it was very reasonable at under $10. It smells great, ingredients are great, leaves hair feeling great and well moisturized , and I don't dread washing my hair for fear of drying it out
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
I don’t wash my hair daily. I try to go as long as possible between shampoos because it’s better for my hair. So I do end up using dry shampoos, hair spray, leave in conditioner and oils to tame my frizz. After 3-5 days of that, sometimes I need a deep cleansing shampoo to get all the products out of my hair. This shampoo is perfect for that and it smells divine.
Johnay C.
Bronx, NY
Love the african black soap line! This shampoo is good for people with severe dandruff or dermatitis which I had! With this and dermatology prescribed shampoos, my dandruff is no longer how it used to be. Using everything in conjunction totally combatted my dandruff issue!!
Afton F.
I love this shampoo and the matching conditioner. It helps my hair to be really soft and smooth. I’ve read that the oils in it help your hair to grow. I think I see a difference. I also love that you can buy these products anywhere and they’re all the same price!
Tynish F.
Bellwood, IL
If you want a great shampoo with a lot of lather look no further! This shampoo will get your hair squeaky clean! Now while it doesn’t have a ton of slip for detangling it does its job at cleaning and then you follow up with the conditioner for a perfect combination!
Denece B.
Can say this product is really good for natural types and others. Can be purchased anywhere that sells hair products.Prices vary from stores locations.Lathers really well and doesn't take alot for use unless u have really long and super thick hair. Smells OK.
Alexia S.
Huntsville, TX
I loved this shampoo so much! I’m already a fan of African Black Soap, but putting it in a shampoo made it so much better! Even some shampoos that don’t have sulfate in them dry my hair out intensely, but this one didn’t at all! I definitely recommend for my natural girls to give this a try!
Tiffany W.
Douglasville, GA
This used to be my absolute favorite shampoo. The whole African black soap shea moisture line used to work miracles for my hair. It stopped working once my hair started to get used to the product and left my hair feeling dry sometimes after use
Darnise C.
Huntsville, AL
Can people with relaxed hair use the product?
Haley G.
Probably a dumb questions but this isn't specifically for African American hair, right?
Makayla T.
Ann Arbor, MI
How well does this worth for people with natural hair ?
juanita B.
Irvington, NJ
How well is the results of this shampoo on relaxed hair?
Julie F.
Has anyone with psoriasis tried shampoo, if so how does it work for you?