BY SHEAMOISTURE

Descriptions:

SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo gently cleanses as it removes buildup from styling products and soothes dry, itchy and flaking scalp. Helps regulate sebum production. Sulfate-free.

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Lsethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin (Vegetable), Glycol Distearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Vinegar, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*♥, Salicylic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Mangifera Lndica (Mango) Seed Butter, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Major Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Cocoate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Pod Ash, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caramel, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend).

Usage Instructions:

Apply to wet hair, lather and massage at the root to stimulate the scalp. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.

SheaMoisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo
  • "Its very runny, so it takes some time to get used to, but it gets the job done and smells great!" in 3 reviews
  • "I have tried a LOT of different products to help with my dry scalp and dandruff, even prescription shampoos, and nothing compares to this stuff!" in 3 reviews
  • "It works wonders for my scalp but it's just toooooo drying for my hair." in 3 reviews
  • "I started using this because of my flakey scalp, very impressed on how moisturized my hair was after the cleansing." in 2 reviews
  • "I use a small amount in my trouble spots and really focus on gently rubbing it into my scalp." in 2 reviews
Britt M.
This smells great and my first initial use with this shampoo my hair was super bouncy, shiny and voluminous. It looked like I had a salon blowout without any of the effort or price tag. Unfortunately the more I used this the more strawlike my hair became. It was as if the life and moisturize was zapped from my hair, and it became brittle, dry, and lackluster. I stopped using it and it took me quite some time to revive my hair. Using my L’Oréal mask nightly repaired my hair thankfully.
Kristen Melissa M.
This shMpoo is really good to help clarify your scalp . If you have dandruff eczema or psoriasis on your scalp then this is definitely a shampoo worth giving a try ! It helped my pscorasis on my scalp . I try to always keep some in my bathroom for when my pscorasis acts up on my scalp. To lesson the amount of steroids or steroid products I need to have around me. I recommend trying just for the deep cleaning reasons ! It really does give a deep clean and remove build up .
Sara H.
Northridge, CA
I love the smell of the Shampoo. It worked on my hair the first few uses (I have a really dry, flaky scalp); however, my scalp is back to being super dry and flaky. After three or four uses, it's starting to have a negative effect. The shampoo is incredibly runny, so I end up going through the product really fast! You can't really tell if it's getting the job done. I love the smell, but I don't think it has helped my personal hair reach better health. Don't think I'll buy this particular one again.
Adebisi A.
Pretty happy with this product!
It’s about in every store: Target, Walmart, etc., for around $9. It’s Sulfate & Paraben free.

Me & my daughter had dirty, itchy, flaky scalps from hair gel & this cleaned it right up. My daughters kinky-curly hair felt nicely moisturized & didn’t dry out quickly after, which is how Paraben-included shampoos affect her hair. So that made me happy too. It doesn’t have the prettiest smell in the world, it smells like Figs, but it doesn’t stink at all. And I wanted clean hair, not hair perfume, anyway. Besides, the hair cream I put in after, smells beautiful. The shampoo is nice & thick & lathers well. I will continue buying & using!
Crystal h.
Montpelier, VT
I have scalp psoriasis extremely bad, and wanted to try and find a product that would help keep it more minimal. I noticed while using this product that my hair was severely falling out.. I'm not sure if that was from my psoriasis scales pulling out my hair follicle, but I stopped using it for that reason.
Johnay C.
Bronx, NY
Love the african black soap line! This shampoo is good for people with severe dandruff or dermatitis which I had! With this and dermatology prescribed shampoos, my dandruff is no longer how it used to be. Using everything in conjunction totally combatted my dandruff issue!!
Tynish F.
Bellwood , IL
If you want a great shampoo with a lot of lather look no further! This shampoo will get your hair squeaky clean! Now while it doesn’t have a ton of slip for detangling it does its job at cleaning and then you follow up with the conditioner for a perfect combination!
Denece B.
Can say this product is really good for natural types and others. Can be purchased anywhere that sells hair products.Prices vary from stores locations.Lathers really well and doesn't take alot for use unless u have really long and super thick hair. Smells OK.
Yesenia c.
Beeville, TX
My hair feels so clean after using this and give my curls that luxurious hydration it’s been lacking especially due to the weather, a couple years back a made a review and asked about this product, after recommendation I’ve tried it and used it ever since!!
Rachel M.
Grand Blanc,
This is advertised as treating dandruff and psoriasis. The product is reasonably priced for the amount you get, and a little goes along way. It consistency is thick and the smell is strange. It is almost musky to me. It did prevent dandruff for me, but my hair never felt clean after using it. It still felt greasy. For reference, I think this may be better for coarser, super curly hair and I have fine 2b-3a low porosity hair.
Darnise C.
Huntsville, AL
Can people with relaxed hair use the product?
Haley G.
Probably a dumb questions but this isn't specifically for African American hair, right?
Makayla T.
Ann Arbor, MI
How well does this worth for people with natural hair ?
juanita B.
Newark, NJ
How well is the results of this shampoo on relaxed hair?
Julie F.
Has anyone with psoriasis tried shampoo, if so how does it work for you?