BY SHEAMOISTURE #45 in Face Masks

This clarifying mask draws out dirt and congestion while helping absorb excess oil and improve the appearance of troubled skin. A proprietary blend of African Black Soap and Raw Shea Butter helps to clarify, balance and soothe blemish-prone skin. Skin feels purified and refreshed.

Deionized Water, Kaolin Clay, Bentonite Clay, African Black Soap, Simmondia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Sulfur, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Butyl Avocadate (Avocado), Willow Bark Extract, Gylcerine, Benzyl Pca, Salicylic Acid, Phytosterols, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B-5), Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Bisabolol (Chamomile), Tea Tree Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Allantoin (Comfrey Root Extract), Tamarindus Indica (Tamarind) Extract, Olea Europea(Olive)Oil, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil.

Usage Instructions:

Apply a thin layer of mud with fingertips to clean skin, avoiding eye area. Keep on for up to 10 minutes. Remove with damp face cloth. Use weekly or as needed. Rinse well.

• Have any body had good results using this products ??? A...2 Answers
  • I currently use the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Bar ...2 Answers
  • Got this in a gift an was wondering how well it works?1 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "I love this face mask. I have really sensitive skin and this mask doesn't break my skin out at all. When applied it doesn't dry or get tight like other mask and your skin is left clean and feeling soft. It's also great for getting rid of and preventing acne. " in 376 reviews
regan f.
I enjoyed this face mask, but it did kind of burn my face, even though i do not have sensitive skin at all. I really like their black soap bar SheaMoisture African Black Soap Bar (yes I understand it isn’t real black soap) but it really cleared up my acne, but I found that I did have to use a moisturiser after to make sure my skin didn’t get dehydrated, even though I do tend to have very oily skin. I believe this mask did help my acne a bit, but it kind of dry it out, much like their black bar soap. I would suggest, for both the soap and mask, to do a test patch first to make sure that it will not mess up your skin.
Karlie K.
Louisville
I’m always a bit nervous to pick up masks from the drugstore but this one is seriously amazing! I have incredibly sensitive skin so this is my go to rehab if I have an adverse reaction to a new product or if I make the mistake of sleeping in my makeup. It’s so great to multi-mask or spot treat as well! I experience hormonal acne along my jawline around my period so sometimes I’ll just apply it to those areas when I feel the bumps forming and this mask does a great job of preventing them from surfacing! Literally the best and a true holy grail product for me.SheaMoisture African Black Soap Clarifying Mud Mask
Hayat A.
I don’t know how I feel about this product. The application when smoothly, I was able to spread about two layers of the product. But as I let it sit on my skin it didn’t dry. I mean, it is a mud mask idk what I was expecting but I didn’t feel a tightening or cleansing sensation. Not that the product claims to do that. When washing it off I didn’t feel much of a difference. I’ve only used this a hand full of times and still not much has changed maybe there are differences you’ll see as time progresses with regular use. Overall, don’t think I’ll repurchase. Only finished the jar because I didn’t want to waste my money lol
Hunter J.
Currently have this on and it’s WAYYYYYY too thin. I know it says to apply exactly that but the texture of it... it feels like it’s NOT ENOUGH. I’m so disappointed at how little product I feel with this mask. I honestly right now feel like I’m going to have to put ANOTHER mask on I had to apply it on TWICE. Like this mask legit just disappeared into my skin. It’s hard to see it and feels like it sunk in, but not in a good way. More like a film I need to get off. I’m honestly hoping it works better after I wipe it off. I think having it on while doing this gives it a fair chance of rating. So far while it’s on it’s a two and that’s with an extra like 5 minuets .

After: My skin does not feel tight, is matte and not dried out.

Pros: Skin doesn’t feel like the dessert, feels kinda clean, got out of my towel easy just hand washing it.

Cons: It was STILL too thin. I’m not saying your mask should feel like a facial succubus but I should feel something come on, and what i do feel my eyes shouldn’t feel like they are burning. The scent is annoying. The mask claims to soothe your skin but in reality my face is still red and hurts. Actually I notice the pain more though it doesn’t mean it made it worse. I’m DEFINITELY going to try to find a sheet mask then a toner again and a spritz of my water/oil spray I made with natural oils, along with some aloe and a sleep mask to try to prevent scars. Ughhhh I’m so sad that one of my former (they got sold to dove but idk if I got this before or after) favorite godsend company’s failed to make an impression. Thinking of retiring the brand soon. I can see what people are saying about the actual soap now my face kinda BURNS. And I’ve used the same exact line before same ingredients just not the mud. Ugh.
Kharys G.
Boston
I really love this mask! I do see results and it’s not harsh on the skin. I use it twice a day currently because I have stubborn blemishes and adult acne that has recently surfaced due to age, almost a year into the dirty thirties LOL! I didn’t rate it five stars because although a tingling sensation means it’s working it’s magic, it’s a little too tingly. It almost feel like a minor irritation but it subsides as the masks dries. You do see the results of even skin tone, lighter blemishes, fading acne, and less reddening. Although it tingles more than normal, it does not overly dry your skin. I’m not a lotion/oil/toner on the face kind of person because my skin has recently become so sensitive that any of those three make me breakout asap. So I try to keep to cleansers and masks that do the job but also hydrate my skin or at least not make it any dryer. This product totally works! It doesn’t have a super pleasant smell but it’s doesn’t smell bad. It’s a distinct soft light smell and I LOVE the smell, but I do know it’s probably not a smell everyone will love.
Hannah M.
I’m in my mid 30’s with aging textured skin and pores. I usually love to use my Clarisonic, but with my sensitive skin already struggling through a dry winter it’s just too much for me to use daily and making my dry skin more irritated and worse. I have to have something to thoroughly cleanse my pores of makeup at the end of the day or I will break out. ( my usual routine is to remove makeup with a gentle cleanser, then go in again with my Clarisonic, sort of a double cleansing routine). So this is where this mask comes in. This is a gentle mask that cleanses the skin without over drying and leaves the skin feeling nice. It’s gentle enough for me to use daily as a gentle exfoliator and to target my problem areas. Do not expect overnight results, but it works well as part of a maintenance routine. I still use my Clarisonic every few days to really get those results, but this works well for in between and it gets bonus points for having natural ingredients at a great price point. I love the quality of shea moisture products in general.
Yulia R.
This soap is truly wonderful for the skin leaves a refreshing and comfortable feeling. Its texture is somewhat creamy, has a very pleasant smell. This soap is very good since so little you can make great use, when removing it is very easy and leaves a very pleasant sensation. The properties that it entails are very good and of great help for our skin since it does not leave parched sensation. I really recommend it to use it in the morning to wake up and at night it helps me a lot as it moisturizes my skin and helps me to eliminate dead skin just as it removes dirt Which enter my pores. The size of the bar is very good since it lasts a long time and you can use it a lot of time. My way of using it is to wash my face carefully with the soap giving circular massages to open the pores and that this hydrate me and clean perfectly after I pass to remove it with a garment moistened with warm water I let it function to hydrate me and ready after some Minutes I continue my activities. Highly recommended is great
Deanna J.
Pleasanton, CA
I’ve only used this once and I don’t see a huge difference but my skin does look brighter after one use. I like how it felt like a gel mask. It wasn’t like other clay masks that dry hard and over-dry your skin. This mask made my skin brighter and moisturized my skin but didn’t over moisturize my skin. I have sensitive oily combination skin and if I over moisturize, I’ll break out and this product didn’t do that. I will update my review after using this a few more times! But as of now, I definitely recommend trying this out!
Kali S.
I've been using the SheaMoisture African Black Soap Clarifying Mud Mask for years! I can't get enough of it. It's my favorite drugstore mask. It doesn't such an amazing job of pulling out all the imperfections out of your skin, while also hydrating and plumping the skin. I saw such a huge difference in my skin after the first few uses. Such a great face mask for when you need to save some money, but still want to buy a great product that works. Absolutely love this mask!
Jessica A.
I don’t normally see instant results using a face mask but this product never ceases to amaze me. I am prone to getting little black heads around my mouth and on my chin and I’ll put this mask on for about 10 minutes at night and wash it off and the black heads will be gone! This leaves my skin soft and clear! I was so skeptical when I bought this but I am soooooo glad that I gave it a chance! This is a must have. I do have oily skin and this product doesn’t break me out.
Abbie H.
Did anyone else experience stinging when they used it?
megan t.
Indianapolis, IN
I am looking for a good mask. Does this dry your skin out?
Marlene G.
N Las Vegas, NV
How long and how many times a week do you use this?
Michelle C.
Los Banos, CA
How long to you wear the mud mask for ?
Charlie R.