BY SHEAMOISTURE #23 in Face Masks

This clarifying mask draws out dirt and congestion while helping absorb excess oil and improve the appearance of troubled skin. A proprietary blend of African Black Soap and Raw Shea Butter helps to clarify, balance and soothe blemish-prone skin. Skin feels purified and refreshed.

Deionized Water, Kaolin Clay, Bentonite Clay, African Black Soap, Simmondia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Sulfur, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Butyl Avocadate (Avocado), Willow Bark Extract, Gylcerine, Benzyl Pca, Salicylic Acid, Phytosterols, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B-5), Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Bisabolol (Chamomile), Tea Tree Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Allantoin (Comfrey Root Extract), Tamarindus Indica (Tamarind) Extract, Olea Europea(Olive)Oil, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil.

Usage Instructions:

Apply a thin layer of mud with fingertips to clean skin, avoiding eye area. Keep on for up to 10 minutes. Remove with damp face cloth. Use weekly or as needed. Rinse well.

• Have any body had good results using this products ??? And is it...1 Answers
  • I currently use the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Bar to clean...2 Answers
  • Got this in a gift an was wondering how well it works?1 Answers
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Clarifying Mud Mask
  • "this is my hubby's favorite mask and he swears by it he has really bad dry skin and gets alot of black heads since he's been using this his skin got way better and less black heads really good product" in 103 reviews
Amber L.
Viera, FL
I purchased the one time use of the shea moisture African black soap mud mask. at night making sure my skin was clean, i ripped open the packet and started applying a thin layer (as it states to) on my face. now i’m going to be completely honest gals, i got the slightest hint of the smell of play doh it was strange but it quickly disappeared after it was applied to my face. i left on for about 12 min (it said 10 but just to be sure lol). it isn’t the type of mask that hardens like clay, it stays moist like mud does, which is a slight plus when removing it with a wet wash cloth because it comes right off so you’re not pulling at your skin! my skin felt very clean afterwords, and didn’t feel too drying which is great bc my oily skin with over produce oil if my skin is made too dry my an acne product. so far i’m a happy camper.
i’ve applied some moisturizer and will have an update in the morning when i wake up and let you guys know how my face has reacted to this mud mask, and whether or not purchasing the larger tub is worth it :)

i had enough left to do a second time, it was the same experience and it had stung on one of my pimples but i think that’s the salicylic acid working! my face was left feeling nice and clean! definitely going to buy another sample pack!
Kharys G.
I really love this mask! I do see results and it’s not harsh on the skin. I use it twice a day currently because I have stubborn blemishes and adult acne that has recently surfaced due to age, almost a year into the dirty thirties LOL! I didn’t rate it five stars because although a tingling sensation means it’s working it’s magic, it’s a little too tingly. It almost feel like a minor irritation but it subsides as the masks dries. You do see the results of even skin tone, lighter blemishes, fading acne, and less reddening. Although it tingles more than normal, it does not overly dry your skin. I’m not a lotion/oil/toner on the face kind of person because my skin has recently become so sensitive that any of those three make me breakout asap. So I try to keep to cleansers and masks that do the job but also hydrate my skin or at least not make it any dryer. This product totally works! It doesn’t have a super pleasant smell but it’s doesn’t smell bad. It’s a distinct soft light smell and I LOVE the smell, but I do know it’s probably not a smell everyone will love.
Yulia R.
This soap is truly wonderful for the skin leaves a refreshing and comfortable feeling. Its texture is somewhat creamy, has a very pleasant smell. This soap is very good since so little you can make great use, when removing it is very easy and leaves a very pleasant sensation. The properties that it entails are very good and of great help for our skin since it does not leave parched sensation. I really recommend it to use it in the morning to wake up and at night it helps me a lot as it moisturizes my skin and helps me to eliminate dead skin just as it removes dirt Which enter my pores. The size of the bar is very good since it lasts a long time and you can use it a lot of time. My way of using it is to wash my face carefully with the soap giving circular massages to open the pores and that this hydrate me and clean perfectly after I pass to remove it with a garment moistened with warm water I let it function to hydrate me and ready after some Minutes I continue my activities. Highly recommended is great
Vrinda B.
San Francisco
absolutely incredible. I'll just start with that. I have used so many OTC scrubs, deep pore cleansers, pore refiners, moisturizers, skin care systems including proactiv and cytology, and to no avail, I still suffered from acne. I'm in my late 20s, I've suffered with pretty moderate acne for a good chunk of my life and have never found anything that worked. Until now. After the first use, I could tell my face was smoother, after a few days, I could tell my existing acne was healing and i wasnt getting any new ones. After a week, my skin was clear. After 2 weeks my face completely smooth, no new breakouts, and I am happier than ever. Not only is my skin clear, by my confidence is boosted. I work in sales so I am face to face with people all day, i finally feel like the first time in my life, people aren't just staring at my breakouts. I will recommend this soap to anyone that can relate. This soap is AWESOME!
Shannon C.
West Jefferson, NC
This product was very vague on instructions but for the most part masks are pretty easy to use. It says mud mask and my experience has been mud mask means that it is a hardening mask not a hydration mask that stays lotion like. I tried the mask waited for it to harden but it didn't. It did after what seemed like forever start to get a somewhat custard like film on the top but that was all. Washing it off was horrible. No matter how much I wiped off there seemed to be more appearing from somewhere. I did give it another chance a few weeks later but it was the same thing. If you have dry and I mean really dry skin then this would be a great product for you but as someone with normal to slightly oily skin it is not for me
isabelle m.
El Paso, TX
i'm a face mask junkie, i like trying new ones all the time so whenever i see little trial packs - i get them. that's what happened with this mask, i'd been using the african black soap and it had been working wonders for my skin so i'd grabbed this on my way down the aisle and went home, cleansed mt face and tried it. i saw results, i'm not saying drastic overnight but with the continued use of this mask my face was improving.. i have a lot of black heads, texture and just unnecessary, rude blemishes but everytime i slab a layer of this mask on two/three times a week and bam, my skin's brand new.. (ok not brand new) but it's significantly better looking and feeling. always buy it when i'm in need.
Brittany W.
Warrenton, MO
This product definitely worked on my skin. I have combination skin; some oily areas, some dry patches. This was my first time using African Black Soap, even though I have heard many times how well it works. The product itself smells like cocoa butter to me. The consistency is on the thinner side almost clay/mud like, but it makes it really easy to spread on my face. Thankfully, I felt like there was enough in the package still for another use. While wearing this product, my skin started to feel cool and refreshing. After 10-15, I rinsed the product off and used a warm damp cloth to wipe anything remaining. My skin felt rejuvenated and cleansed without feeling too tight and dry.
Rachel T.
This mask works better than the vast majority of  $50+ masks I have tried. It's a little bit like pudding. The texture of this mask is very thin, and it does not dry to a tight finish like many mud or clay masks. However, unlike some of those masks, it has ingredients that actually work. Mud and kaolin clay clarify, tea tree oil fights acne, and the jojoba oil prevents this mask from drying out your skin (but it does get rid of excess oil, which I appreciate). The smell is kind of weird, but I grew to really like it. This comes with so much product for a really affordable price, and it really does keep my acne at bay.
Jazzi P.
West Fargo, ND
This mask is amazing. It has tea tree oil in it and that is my all time favorite oil. I use it on my hair, in my Essential Oil blends. I love it.
I noticed right away this mud mask was more thick and smooth than it was grainy and muddy and I’m usually skeptical about putting oil in my face because I have oily skin but I wanted to try. Since the consistency was smooth it doesn’t dry like a regular mud mask, it stays wet which I liked because I always feel a little too dry after mud masks but I like to feel clean.
It kind of has a funky natural smell to it but it made my skin feel clean, fresh, and smooth!
Amanda L.
Gfafb, ND
I am a big fan of the SheaMoisture African Black Soap line. This mask is affordable at only $3 and will last you a long time. It isn't very thick, so a little goes a long ways. Additionally, the mask doesn't harden on your face so you aren't left scrubbing a product off you can easily wash it off with water and or a wash cloth. There is little to no smell, there's nothing overly strong. Mask feels very cool on your face, maybe like clay/mud would hmmmmm. I find my skin to feel very soft and refreshed after using. Great for those with sensitive skin and or acne and looking for a face mask!
Abbie H.
Did anyone else experience stinging when they used it?
megan t.
Indianapolis, IN
I am looking for a good mask. Does this dry your skin out?
Marlene G.
N Las Vegas, NV
How long and how many times a week do you use this?
Michelle C.
Los Banos, CA
How long to you wear the mud mask for ?
Charlie R.