SheaMoisture African Black Soap Bar
Our soothing body bar soap is specially formulated with organic Shea Butter, Oats and Aloe to cleanse, moisturize and comfort irritated skin while absorbing excess oil. African Black Soap, an honored beauty secret, made from palm ash, tamarind extract, tar and plantain peel, helps to calm and clear blemishes and troubled skin. Leaves skin soft and refreshed. Perfect for helping relieve symptoms of eczema or psoriasis.
African Black Soap Base, African Shea Butter, Oats, Aloe, Plantain Extract, Vitamin E, Fragrance (Essential Blend Oil Blend), Glycerin (Vegetable), Palm Ash, Rosemary Extract, Iron Oxides.
Lather in hands or on a washcloth and wash entire body.see more...
Top Questions See all 928 Q&A
- "I've become hyper sensitive to smells, chemicals and non-natural products and have been plagued with skin problems since I hit puberty. Now in my thirties (gasp!) my skin has finally given up to the scourge of trying EVERY body wash, EVERY bar of soap, EVERY sensitive skin product promising it's non-comodogenic, won't clog pores and won't irritate. Enter Shea Moisture products. This soap and it's body wash equivalent have been awesome. The smell, a traditional sandlewood smell, isn't your typical fruity, floral, soapy smell, but it's natural and complimentary for the soap. Just think people have been using that scent for centuries as a clean and pleasant cleansing fragrance. The soap, goes on your skin black. Don't be alarmed, it's from the "black African" part which is the palm ash and black tar extract. It rinses clean and you're good as new. The best part of this soap, is it works on acne, eczema, folliculitis, and contact dermatitis. You know those little chicken bumps lots of people get on the back of their arms? Well, THIS product (especially the body wash) will get rid of them! Trust me, my sister and I both use this now and it got rid of them for both of us! Lastly, this also contains shea butter, which is great because it helps to not dry out your skin while you're in the shower. I can't say enough good things about shea butter because it is natural product which has saved my checically sensitive soul. Shea Moisture is also organic and doesn't contain "Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, DEA, PABA, Synthetic Fragrance or Artificial Color." It's a little pricier than your standard body washes and soaps, but it's so much better for your skin and the environment and the body wash lasts me almost 2.5 months so I think it's worth it. A Bar of soap probably lasts me a month. I dare you to try it. Trust me, you'll see a difference." in 1949 reviews
- "I bought this soap on a whim after hearing the enthusiasm for charcoal soap. I have acne prone skin, and I've pretty much tried it all. I used this with my Clarisonic, and I couldn't believe the results after ONE night! No redness, no breakouts, no oily skin, just smooth and soft. My pores have practically disappeared. I use it on my body too and it helps so much with body breakouts! I'll NEVER go back!" in 412 reviews
- "I don't think I have ever loved a free sample more in my life! So, I got a FULL SIZED sample from PinchME, and it's something I have always wanted to try, but just didn't want to waste money on since I have finicky skin. Anyway, I am SO happy I got this because I will be a faithful purchaser from now on. I have weird skin for an adult. I still get acne on my chin. It's not horrible, but I can have like 1-3 small pimples at any given time. What is the worst about these pimples is the fact that no matter what I do I get marks on my skin afterwards. Anyway, I have been using this soap for 5 days and my pimples have already dried up! What I love the most is that the ingredients are mostly natural, non abusive to animals, and they feel great. When I use this soap my face just feels refreshed and clean. I don't feel tightness. I don't feel dryness. I just feel a nice, thorough clean! " in 250 reviews
- "I have acne prone skin and to be honest I don't think this really helped it it didn't make my acne better or worse it just stayed the same but I mean it's okay for cleanser." in 6 reviews
- "He smells great and I'm happy because it's an all natural product that's cruelty free too!" in 5 reviews
* make sure you use a moisturizer after every use, it tends to make your skin a little dry.
* don’t wash around your eyebrows, soaps tend to be more hard to wash off than actual cleansers so that causes more rubbing. And rubbing can cause accidental plucking of your eyebrows which will thin.
* store away in a ziplock bag or soap bar container since it will leave black scum.
* a little goes a long way
Only thing I don’t like is that I have to wash my sink or tub right after I use it as it leaves a blackish residue. But besides that great product.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos