BY SHEAMOISTURE #9 in Bar Soap

Descriptions:

Our soothing body bar soap is specially formulated with organic Shea Butter, Oats and Aloe to cleanse, moisturize and comfort irritated skin while absorbing excess oil. African Black Soap, an honored beauty secret, made from palm ash, tamarind extract, tar and plantain peel, helps to calm and clear blemishes and troubled skin. Leaves skin soft and refreshed. Perfect for helping relieve symptoms of eczema or psoriasis.

African Black Soap Base, African Shea Butter, Oats, Aloe, Plantain Extract, Vitamin E, Fragrance (Essential Blend Oil Blend), Glycerin (Vegetable), Palm Ash, Rosemary Extract, Iron Oxides.

Usage Instructions:

Lather in hands or on a washcloth and wash entire body.

• What is your favorite Shea moisture bar soap?12 Answers
  • Is this good for your face?17 Answers
  • If you have acne prone skin, I suggest to use African black soap ...1 Answers
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Bar
  • "I have acne prone skin and to be honest I don't think this really helped it it didn't make my acne better or worse it just stayed the same but I mean it's okay for cleanser." in 6 reviews
  • "my skin has finally given up to the scourge of trying EVERY body wash, EVERY bar of soap, EVERY sensitive skin product promising it's non-comodogenic, won't clog pores and won't irritate." in 5 reviews
  • "He smells great and I'm happy because it's an all natural product that's cruelty free too!" in 5 reviews
  • "The bar lasts for a long time and I even use it for my back as well its gets rid of back acne as well." in 5 reviews
Bryn H.
Arcanum, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Review for: Other more...
I bought Shea Moisturizer African Black Soap w/Shea butter, because my 13 year old daughter has very sensitive skin. A friend, at work, swears by it, and uses nothing but this product! My daughter first used it, and was pleasantly surprised and told me to try it out. I did, and my skin looks and feels great. This soap does not dry out the skin, and leaves your face, soft and fresh. I bought this bar off of Amazon for under $5, and they bar is huge!!
Payam S.
Review for: Other more...
Omg can I rate this a 10000?! I honestly think this is the BEST product out there for people who struggle, I mean struggle, with sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin myself, and I have tried SOOO many cleansers hoping that it will be suitable for me. I have even stuck to unsuitable cleansers hoping the irritated reaction is just “purging” process for way too long. This made my skin cause more acne scarring over time. So I had stopped everything, with no hope left in me. I honestly thought I wouldn’t find anything for my mild acne. But I came across this on the internet and ordered it right away. After just the FIRST use, I knew this was the one. My skin felt so soft, clean, and just good. After one week of use, I already saw a reduction of appearance of my blemishes (blackheads, acne scarring). People started to tell me “your face is glowy.” I use it as my overall cleanser now, morning and night. I even use it for washing off my makeup. I store mine in a ziplock bag after every use, so it doesn’t leave black scum on my sink. Cheap for its quality! It will last more than using any other actual cleanser.

Some tips:
* make sure you use a moisturizer after every use, it tends to make your skin a little dry.
* don’t wash around your eyebrows, soaps tend to be more hard to wash off than actual cleansers so that causes more rubbing. And rubbing can cause accidental plucking of your eyebrows which will thin.
* store away in a ziplock bag or soap bar container since it will leave black scum.
* a little goes a long way
Wency D.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar more...
My friend recommended me this because I was breaking out badly. It helped so much that I saw a difference within a week time frame. It’s very inexpensive. The only con is you can’t use it on a daily basis as it will dry out your face a little. I like to use this at night after removing my make up, three times a week. The rest of the week I like to use my cleanser. If you are struggling with your skin I definitely recommend this! The only reason I gave it a 4 star is because they changed the bar and made it bigger, yes you get more product for what you pay for than before but it is TOO big for a facial bar soap. This was an easy fix though because I just sliced it in half.
Christina D.
Review for: Other more...
I thought this would do wonders for my skin since everyone is raving about it, but I was left EXTREMELY disappointed in this product. It caused me to break out in areas where I have never broken out before. I normally get breakouts on my forehead, but after using this product for about a week or so, I ended with breakouts on my cheeks and my chin. I am super frustrated that this product did not meet up to my expectations. Also, I had just learned that this product is not even real black soap and is actually a rip-off version of the real stuff. People may rave about Shea Moisture’s version of the soap, but I rather pay more money for REAL African black soap than a rip-off.
Rene M.
Wilmington
This black soap is Shea Moisture gift to psoriasis plagued man kind. I get some pretty bad out breaks induced by stress. And when I get out breaks I pick at them if they don't clear up fast enough. Black soap is an ESSENTIAL for me when my psoriasis flares up. Luckily my case is pretty moderate. But this product helps to clear up my outbreaks before I get to them. It's also a vegetable soap with lots of good natural ingredients without the dyes, chemicals etc. Even when I don't have psoriasis I use this as my daily/nightly soap (alternating with another line from this brand) It minimizes my pores and gets a deep clean.
Britain M.
I'm never a person to boost about a product if it doesn't personally work for me. I suffer from cystic acne/oily skin, I had tried so many "acne" treatments, regimens, etc. Nothing could target both the oilyness as well as my actual acne. I had been referred to try African black soap, so I reached for Shea moisturizers brand. Within 1 week of use, I both saw and felt a noticeable difference. With regular use( daily) I have very minimal oil and my skin feels and looks so much better! If you have problematic skin of any type I highly recommend trying this soap because it has made a huge difference in my skin care routine!
Yuaketha J.
Stone Mountain
Tried this bar soap based on the recommendation of the brand's facial wash. My son used my second bar and came back for mine. We love how this soap treats our skins. They are hard to find sometimes due to limited quantities in the stores so I went to Amazon. It's become a family fav. After about a week I see a nice difference in this hard to treat dry skin. I haven't been reapplying oils and lotions 3-4 times a day. That along is a great return on my investment. sheamoisture-african-black-soap-w/-shea-butter
Stacey I.
Westminster, CA
Review for: Other more...
I tried the originally as a cleanser cause I heard it was suppose to be really good & its only $5 so I thought why not. Initially I think it was working, even started to use it on my body but I don’t know if its my skin type but it stopped working for me after awhile like maybe my skin got use to it but yeah. Also don’t know if this is just me but when i used it on my body it would kind of dry it out. I really would recommend to people to try it, its only $5 & its not like it broke me out I just don’t think it was helping after awhile.
I traded all my expensive cleansers for this! It is super inexpensive and really helps my skin with breakouts. It does leave a squeaky clean feel that I didn't really like at first, I'm use to foam cleansers but for the price and everything, I'm fine with it. I have really sensitive skin and break out with rashes and more pimples but this does not irritate my skin and really helps with keeping acne at bay. I have repurchased this 3 times already.
Krishna P.
Richmond, VA
Review for: Shea more...
Wow! The smell is absolutely amazing.it lingers just a little bit and is very light. But it doesn't just smell amazing, it works great too. I have very very sensitive skin that usually feels tight and/or itchy after using various soaps. I was using cetaphil, but even with that was still having issues. As soon as I switched to this wash my skin stopped feeling tight and itchy. I also use the companion lotion (which doesn't smell quite as perfect but still is good). Totally recommend!
Jessica D.
Lamont, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I really want to try the soap is it good for your skin?
Angela J.
Is this good for your face?
Brenda G.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
What is your favorite Shea moisture bar soap?
Tyler S.
Will this cause my skin to dry out?
Christina J.
Vista, CA
Does this dry out your skin?