BY SHEAMOISTURE #10 in Bar Soap

Descriptions:

Our soothing body bar soap is specially formulated with organic Shea Butter, Oats and Aloe to cleanse, moisturize and comfort irritated skin while absorbing excess oil. African Black Soap, an honored beauty secret, made from palm ash, tamarind extract, tar and plantain peel, helps to calm and clear blemishes and troubled skin. Leaves skin soft and refreshed. Perfect for helping relieve symptoms of eczema or psoriasis.

African Black Soap Base, African Shea Butter, Oats, Aloe, Plantain Extract, Vitamin E, Fragrance (Essential Blend Oil Blend), Glycerin (Vegetable), Palm Ash, Rosemary Extract, Iron Oxides.

Usage Instructions:

Lather in hands or on a washcloth and wash entire body.

• What is your favorite Shea moisture bar soap?12 Answers
  • Is this good for your face?18 Answers
  • If you have acne prone skin, I suggest to use African bla...1 Answers
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Bar
  • "I've become hyper sensitive to smells, chemicals and non-natural products and have been plagued with skin problems since I hit puberty. Now in my thirties (gasp!) my skin has finally given up to the scourge of trying EVERY body wash, EVERY bar of soap, EVERY sensitive skin product promising it's non-comodogenic, won't clog pores and won't irritate. Enter Shea Moisture products. This soap and it's body wash equivalent have been awesome. The smell, a traditional sandlewood smell, isn't your typical fruity, floral, soapy smell, but it's natural and complimentary for the soap. Just think people have been using that scent for centuries as a clean and pleasant cleansing fragrance. The soap, goes on your skin black. Don't be alarmed, it's from the "black African" part which is the palm ash and black tar extract. It rinses clean and you're good as new. The best part of this soap, is it works on acne, eczema, folliculitis, and contact dermatitis. You know those little chicken bumps lots of people get on the back of their arms? Well, THIS product (especially the body wash) will get rid of them! Trust me, my sister and I both use this now and it got rid of them for both of us! Lastly, this also contains shea butter, which is great because it helps to not dry out your skin while you're in the shower. I can't say enough good things about shea butter because it is natural product which has saved my checically sensitive soul. Shea Moisture is also organic and doesn't contain "Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, DEA, PABA, Synthetic Fragrance or Artificial Color." It's a little pricier than your standard body washes and soaps, but it's so much better for your skin and the environment and the body wash lasts me almost 2.5 months so I think it's worth it. A Bar of soap probably lasts me a month. I dare you to try it. Trust me, you'll see a difference." in 1949 reviews
  • "I bought this soap on a whim after hearing the enthusiasm for charcoal soap. I have acne prone skin, and I've pretty much tried it all. I used this with my Clarisonic, and I couldn't believe the results after ONE night! No redness, no breakouts, no oily skin, just smooth and soft. My pores have practically disappeared. I use it on my body too and it helps so much with body breakouts! I'll NEVER go back!" in 412 reviews
  • "I don't think I have ever loved a free sample more in my life! So, I got a FULL SIZED sample from PinchME, and it's something I have always wanted to try, but just didn't want to waste money on since I have finicky skin. Anyway, I am SO happy I got this because I will be a faithful purchaser from now on. I have weird skin for an adult. I still get acne on my chin. It's not horrible, but I can have like 1-3 small pimples at any given time. What is the worst about these pimples is the fact that no matter what I do I get marks on my skin afterwards. Anyway, I have been using this soap for 5 days and my pimples have already dried up! What I love the most is that the ingredients are mostly natural, non abusive to animals, and they feel great. When I use this soap my face just feels refreshed and clean. I don't feel tightness. I don't feel dryness. I just feel a nice, thorough clean! " in 250 reviews
  • "I have acne prone skin and to be honest I don't think this really helped it it didn't make my acne better or worse it just stayed the same but I mean it's okay for cleanser." in 6 reviews
  • "He smells great and I'm happy because it's an all natural product that's cruelty free too!" in 5 reviews
Mare R.
Review for: Shea Moisture African Black Soap w/Shea Butter for Acne Prone & Troubled Skin more...
I absolutely love this soap! I saw so many reviews on how it is good for oily skin. I don’t really get bad acne on my back anymore like I did as a teenager, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t still get oily. The lower back of my neck and shoulders area tends to get oily, and so I figured I would try this soap. The oiliness does not come back between the times I use this soap, and I’m very happily surprised with that. I’m actually amazed. I used to just use my face wash with a brush to reach my upper back area, but that’s not even needed anymore. This products is truly amazing for turning your oily skin into normal skin. I love it and will be buying it again and again.
Payam S.
Review for: Other more...
Omg can I rate this a 10000?! I honestly think this is the BEST product out there for people who struggle, I mean struggle, with sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin myself, and I have tried SOOO many cleansers hoping that it will be suitable for me. I have even stuck to unsuitable cleansers hoping the irritated reaction is just “purging” process for way too long. This made my skin cause more acne scarring over time. So I had stopped everything, with no hope left in me. I honestly thought I wouldn’t find anything for my mild acne. But I came across this on the internet and ordered it right away. After just the FIRST use, I knew this was the one. My skin felt so soft, clean, and just good. After one week of use, I already saw a reduction of appearance of my blemishes (blackheads, acne scarring). People started to tell me “your face is glowy.” I use it as my overall cleanser now, morning and night. I even use it for washing off my makeup. I store mine in a ziplock bag after every use, so it doesn’t leave black scum on my sink. Cheap for its quality! It will last more than using any other actual cleanser.

Some tips:
* make sure you use a moisturizer after every use, it tends to make your skin a little dry.
* don’t wash around your eyebrows, soaps tend to be more hard to wash off than actual cleansers so that causes more rubbing. And rubbing can cause accidental plucking of your eyebrows which will thin.
* store away in a ziplock bag or soap bar container since it will leave black scum.
* a little goes a long way
Lauren C.
My friend in college started using African black soap for her acne, so I wanted to try it out even though I only have a few blemishes at a time. I think this is an amazing product. When I use it with my face scrub and moisturizer, my skin feels so clean and soft. It hasn't dried out my skin, but I do think it's helping with the oiliness I experience around/on my nose. If you're someone who also suffers from chest and back acne, this is perfect for that as well (as described on the package). This is also really cheap as well. I got mine from Target for $3.99, and it also retails at Walmart and Walgreens for $5.99 (still not too bad of a price). This lasts awhile so you won't have to repurchase it too often.
Kathy D.
I've been using this African black soap to wash my face 2 times a day since Febuary, so it's been a little over 6 months now and WOW what a difference I see and feel. Incredible really. I've always had acne especially during that time of month. Since I've been using this I haven't gotten acne as bad even during my monthly thing. I'll still get a pimple from time to time but they go away pretty quick. My skin feels so clean and smooth. I understand not all products work the same for everyone but if you have troubled skin give this soap a try!
Patricia H.
This product saved my skin. I had horrible cystic acne on my cheeks, chin, jawline, and neck. This product is super affordable and actually works. I used it before they changed the size and packaging, but I've used it since and works just as well. It's lasts for about 6 months with daily use. I cleanse my face with it every night to remove makeup, and it leaves my skin feeling clean, not slick, but not tight either. If I know it's going to be a humid day I will cleanse with it in the morning and it helps keep oil at bay. If you have issues with acne and haven't tried this yet, do it.
Tara T.
Rock Springs
I had heard the back story on how Shea moisture came to be and because of that I bought one of their soaps. After I used it I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with their products. I am a huge supporter of their African black soap products. My daughter has severe psoiasis and this has helped tremendously. She doesn't get the sores she used to get since she has started using this, less itching, and less aggravated skin She uses the soap, lotion, and body wash. I just bought her the moisturizer so we shall see how it does
Macaiah P.
indianapolis
I first want to start off by saying the price for this product is AMAZING considering how long this soap will last. After my study abroad trip I came home to this soap and have been using it for about four months now, I can see my skin clearing up and my black spots going away. I do recommend trying this product out to see how it works for your skin & see if you like the results, of course, we all know everyone's skin is different and skin doesn't just clear up overnight so I say give it a try.
Taylor H.
Review for: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar more...
This product is amazing! I’ve been trying every acne cleanser I could from Proactiv to Clean and Clear and nothing was working. This product has cleared up my acne within a week. It is a little drying and leaves my faces feeling a little tight, but some moisturizer afterward and exfoliation is an easy remedy for that. For $5, I know this bar is going to last me months so this has amazing value. I was going to try Clinique’s line next, but I decided to give this cheap product a try first and I’m so glad I did!
Chiquita C.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Review for: Other more...
I love SheaMoisture soap in general. It’s literally the only store brought brand of soap i use for myself and son. It’s less than $4 for a bar at target. So target is my go to store to purchase. It’s great for those who have eczema like myself because it doesn’t dry my skin out, irritate it or cause flares. This one along with the raw Shea cleared my sons eczema scares and stopped him from itching. I started using these on him 3 years ago and i never stopped. I definitely recommend.
I traded all my expensive cleansers for this! It is super inexpensive and really helps my skin with breakouts. It does leave a squeaky clean feel that I didn't really like at first, I'm use to foam cleansers but for the price and everything, I'm fine with it. I have really sensitive skin and break out with rashes and more pimples but this does not irritate my skin and really helps with keeping acne at bay. I have repurchased this 3 times already.
Jessica D.
Lamont, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I really want to try the soap is it good for your skin?
Angela J.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Is this good for your face?
Brenda G.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
What is your favorite Shea moisture bar soap?
Tyler S.
Will this cause my skin to dry out?
Lacy P.
Conroe, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Where can you purchase? I am willing to give everything a test!

back