SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer

SheaMoisture African Black Soap Moisturizer - Balancing Moisturizer - African Moisturizer SheaMoisture African Black Soap is designed for those dealing with acne-prone skin that breaks out into blemishes and those with combination skin. Black soap is the ultimate African moisturizer for keeping the skin nicely hydrated while balancing oily to combination skin. Ideal for all skin types and complexions, this traditional black skin moisturizer is made using our exclusive skin-balancing black soap blend, which includes creamy certified organic Shea Butter, Cocoa Pod Ash and blemish-fighting Tamarind Oil Extract and Tea Tree Oil. This ultra-rich formula also includes Jojoba and Avocado oils for added luxurious hydration. A little bit of this balancing moisturizer goes a long way.

SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer Is this product worth it? I have oily acne prone skin.
Hey ! I want to by This african Black soap balancing
I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts. Who recommends #sheamoisture african black soap line of products? Any products in particular? -[product:shea-moisture-african-black-soap-balancing-moisturizer] -[product:shea-moisture-african-black-soap-bamboo-charcoal-detoxifying-toner] -[product:shea-moisture-african-black-soap-clarifying-facial-wash-scrub-57] - [product:shea-moisture-african-black-soap-bamboo-charcoal-detoxifying-gel-cleanser-58] -[product:shea-moisture-african-black-soap-bamboo-charcoal-detoxifying-foaming-facial-wash]
Start your review of SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer!
Product Highlights
I have been using this for about 2 months now and I really love this. I use this at night. It is super moisturizing and does not break me out. I have combination skin and it works so well for me. Unlike others the smell doesn't bother me and it fades extremely fast. Not something that has been an issue at all. My skin loves this. It sinks in fast and does what it is supposed to! I can tell when I skip a night of not putting this on. in reviews
...used it for 3 weeks and I've seen a massive reduction in red spots and dry skin on my face. I love it and would recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin!in reviews
Kristen C.
Charlotte, NC
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Kristen C.
I am usually a pretty big fan of this brand’s products, and this moisturizer is no different. I will say it has some fragrance in it, which I don’t love, but otherwise it’s a really nice and creamy product that’s super hydrating without clogging up the skin. That was a fear of mind when I first felt the texture of it, but after using it a few times, it didn’t break me out. A little goes a long way with this product so it’s definitely some bang for your buck. I’d recommend it as a good budget friendly option with mostly clean ingredients!
Trinity D.
Alamo, TX
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Trinity D.
This product feels like heavy cream doesn’t set into your skin and feels like it’s just a layer on top of skin. It has a nice scent to it not to strong but not really satisfied with product.
karinaa B.
Portland, OR
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by karinaa B.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I liked the product although it gave me a tingly feeling for a few seconds, my skin feels super soft witch I love and it didn’t make me break out.
Liz G.
Arlington, WI
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Liz G.
How have I never heard of this moisturizer before?! I swear I have noticed a HUGE change in my skin and breakouts in one week! I plan on continuing to buy this product! My reason for the 4/5 Stars is the smell. It is very potent!
Amber G.
Appleton, WI
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
For a blemish-fighting moisturizer, this is a soothing, non-harsh formula. It’s thick, creamy and feels luxurious. It’s a little cooling, too, in my opinion. If you look closely, you can see little black flecks of the African black soap. (Yes, it’s a moisturizer, but you can read about why they put the African black soap in there.). The other ingredients are nice, too. Makes a nice sleep mask because it’s so thick.
Julia N.
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Julia N.
I have been struggling with acne for nearly a decade. Plus I've found that my skin is sensitive to some face washes and other creams with varying painful results. I finally got things under control, so I was hesitant to change things. But since this moisturizer was recommended for acne prone sensitive skin, I gave it a try. I was having a minorly rough skin time for a little while due to stress, but I am much smoother and clearer after using it for a few weeks. I'm not 100% sure that it made the difference, but it definitely didn't hurt. It's thick without being heavy or lingering. It smells rich without being too strong. I am excited to try other products from the line. I received this product for testing.
Falak R.
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Falak R.
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Falak R.
Purchased at: Walgreens
while i love how my skin ate up this moisturizer and was kept soft, the pros do not outweigh the cons. i tried this moisturizer back in september when my skin was becoming super flaky and dry. i would also use it on my neck bc eczema. it worked well for a few days until i noticed pimples all along my hairline, jawline, and the sides of my nose. i absolutely hate these products so much bc of this. i used it for about a month to see if my skin would adjust the moisturizer but it really just made it worse. i wish i had a picture of how bad it got around my jaw/ears because there were sooo many hard pimples that would not go away. definitely would never recommend this moisturizer unless you want to break out.
Victoria C.
Brooklyn, NY
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Victoria C.
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Victoria C.
I’ve been using this for a week and I’m not sure if this product is contributing to the disappearance of my little bumps but my skin has been nice this week. A turn off is the smell. I don’t really like heavy fragrances in my face products and this smells like baby powder. The consistency is thick but does not feel heavy on the skin. It also has a matte finish which I’ve never experienced before. The tea tree oil is supposed to help reduce oils which is probably why lol. Over all I think this product has some potential and I’ll keep using it to see how effective it is.
Amanda L.
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Amanda L.
I LOVE this brand!! Not just for their products, but the whole brand, how they started, and what they stand for is amazing. They are fairly priced and available at a lot of retailers like Walmart, Target, Marshalls, etc. The African Black Soap line has saved my face from acne! I use the washes, masks, toner, and now this moistuizer. I am exicted to add this to my routine. I cannot praise this brand enough!
Dawn S.
Virginia City, NV
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer uploaded by Dawn S.
I was really hoping this product would work for me as it is marketed toward blemish prone skin. It’s medium thick cream. It goes on nicely. However, about 10 minutes after you put it on there is a greasy residue left in your face. There is no way to put makeup on top of that mess and you can’t go to sleep with it in unless you want a greasy pillowcase. Definitely not a hit for me.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
D B.