BY SHEAMOISTURE

100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil - SheaMoisture introduces you to the wonder of exotic oils. Originating from Eastern Africa, Castor Oil has been used for centuries in a wide range of skin and hair care products. With its high ash content, 100% pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil is believed to have greater potency. This nutrient-rich oil moisturizes to help defend skins youthful appearance, and strong, healthy hair growth. - 100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil see more...

• For lash growth, do you apply this to your lashes themselves, or ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone used on eyelashes?1 Answers
  • Does this help stimulate hair? How often do you use and what is t...1 Answers
Akeelah A.
Columbus, GA
I have been using shea moisture products for years now, and I get overly excited when I see the release of a new product... when I saw the oils in store I snatched a few of them up to test out. I loved the packaging— Brown, glass amber bottles, and the variety of oils they have chosen. However, I didn’t like the Jamaican black castor oil, in this packaging. JBCO is a very viscous oil and with the small pump that is provided it is very difficult to get the oil out efficiently. I usually use this oil in the shower to seal my hair cuticles after washing. My fingers usually slip and I’ve even chipped a nail trying to squeeze the product out.
Krystin B.
Crown Point, IN
Got this to try to grow out my extremely short eyelashes....I have been using it every night for about two weeks and I have already noticed a slight difference in length of my lashes....I hear you have to religiously use it for a couple months to notice drastic results, but I am very pleased that I have already noticed a change in my short lashes! I apply a little to my lashes before bed with my finger. Smell isn't the greatest, but I'll take it if it works!
Jayleen R.
Manhattan
The reason why I’m giving this 4 stars is because I’ve only recently gotten my hands on the oil, but have seen a difference with my eyebrows within a week of using it. The packaging is simple—clearly states what the product is on a small, brown glass bottle. JBCO is a very thick oil. To some people, the small pump is not ideal. For me, since I only use this on my eyebrows, it’s okay. JBCO also doesn’t have the greatest smell and SheaMoisture’s is no different. I think even adding a fragrance wouldn’to help as much as I’ve tried Sunny Isle’s Lavender scented JBCO and it still didn’t smell great. I’ve seen a noticeable difference on my eyebrows—they look full and this gap I had on my left eyebrow seems to be closing up. I would definitely buy this product again and recommend it to others.
Dameisha S.
Detroit
I love how soft it make my hair i dont need a lpt at all some times i add it to my mask and they work lovely together I loved this product very up set that I had to let it go am currently pregnant and am to scared to apply castor oil to my hair because it can cause a lot of bad things for the baby so at the moment am not using it but once the day baby come it will be my best friend again
Brandon C.
rocklin
Ok so I’ll try to make this simple. Castor oil is said to help with hair grow but what you have to remember is that everyone’s hair is different. It may or may not work for you. I have tried it myself and it did not work. Castor oil also has a smell that is not so polite so beware of that SheaMoisture 100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Gabbi S.
Mulliken, MI
Love this oil! I like to use it in many different ways in my beauty regimine. It is great for super dry skin, and makes the best overnight mask to help with problematic dry areas. I also like to use it at night on my lashes and brows to help stimulate growth, and yes it actually does work!
Mal M.
I felt that this helped seal in moisture to my hair especially after applying coconut oil. It is a bit pricy for a tiny bottle. I hope they manufacture this in a bigger bottle soon. But it kept my hair looking healthy and nourished. I would buy it again.
Nakyra W.
Fairfield , OH
I use this on my edges at night and sometimes my brows and eyelashes , it seems to have helpes growth. I don't like the smell at all but beauty comes with that lol. I think I'll use it everyday to see if it actually works
Allison D.
Pittsburgh, PA
I️ got this oil from Ulta because I’ve been having issues with my hair falling out/not growing. I️ use it about every other day for an hour before the shower. My hair has felt thicker, smoother, and a bit longer ever since! It wasn’t very expensive and was definitely worth purchasing. A little goes a long way, so you won’t have to buy more for a long tome. I️ really recommend it for people with thinning hair!
Bria W.
Baton Rouge, LA
This stuff does wonders! I also use the SheaMoisture Pure Jamaica Black Castro shampoo & conditioner along with the oil and it is the perfect mix. I am transitioning to natural hair so I am still messing around with products (I am a year in) and SheaMoisture Pure Jamaica Black Castro Oil helps with my dry scalp. My hair dries too quick so I use the oil to also shine up my hair every now and then.
Brandon C.
rocklin
Audrey P.
Leander, TX
What's the best way to apply this to lashes and brows?
Doreen A.
Has anyone used this product to reduce wrinkles?
Aisha M.
Moreno Valley, CA
How does this product smell? Is this product very thick?
Melissa C.
How do you use this? How do YOU like to use this?