BY SHEAMOISTURE

100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil - SheaMoisture introduces you to the wonder of exotic oils. Originating from Eastern Africa, Castor Oil has been used for centuries in a wide range of skin and hair care products. With its high ash content, 100% pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil is believed to have greater potency. This nutrient-rich oil moisturizes to help defend skins youthful appearance, and strong, healthy hair growth. - 100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil see more...

• For lash growth, do you apply this to your lashes themselves, or ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone used on eyelashes?1 Answers
  • Does this help stimulate hair? How often do you use and what is t...1 Answers
Akeelah A.
Columbus, GA
I have been using shea moisture products for years now, and I get overly excited when I see the release of a new product... when I saw the oils in store I snatched a few of them up to test out. I loved the packaging— Brown, glass amber bottles, and the variety of oils they have chosen. However, I didn’t like the Jamaican black castor oil, in this packaging. JBCO is a very viscous oil and with the small pump that is provided it is very difficult to get the oil out efficiently. I usually use this oil in the shower to seal my hair cuticles after washing. My fingers usually slip and I’ve even chipped a nail trying to squeeze the product out.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently tried this product because I saw it demonstrated on an Instagram curly hair site that I follow. I have only tried it once and noticed that my hair seemed less dry. I have high porosity hair so this product is recommended to help transform dry processed curly hair back to healthy hair. A little went a long way. I plan to use to continue using this.  SheaMoisture 100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Rebekah H.
Mandeville, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is super thick and heavy! But it's very good quality black castor oil. A little can go a very long way unless you have very thick coarse hair. I was using it for a while to come back irritation on my scalp and hair loss due to stress. While I didn't see any actual results in the hair loss, ( probably because I did not use it consistently, and the hair loss issue took care of itself) it did a good job and helping my scalp to not feel so tight and irritated. I also noticed my hair was much shinier when I was using it regularly
Allison D.
Rawlings, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I️ got this oil from Ulta because I’ve been having issues with my hair falling out/not growing. I️ use it about every other day for an hour before the shower. My hair has felt thicker, smoother, and a bit longer ever since! It wasn’t very expensive and was definitely worth purchasing. A little goes a long way, so you won’t have to buy more for a long tome. I️ really recommend it for people with thinning hair!
Bria W.
Baton Rouge, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff does wonders! I also use the SheaMoisture Pure Jamaica Black Castro shampoo & conditioner along with the oil and it is the perfect mix. I am transitioning to natural hair so I am still messing around with products (I am a year in) and SheaMoisture Pure Jamaica Black Castro Oil helps with my dry scalp. My hair dries too quick so I use the oil to also shine up my hair every now and then.
Samantha J.
Houston
Beauty Junkie Expert
oil is great for scalp massages as well as hot oil treatments, Jamaican black castor oil is know for its hair growth properties, I use it once a week, I use it as a hot oil treatment the day before I plan on washing my hair. The purpose of using the oil is so that the shampoo doesn't completely strip my hair if it's natural oils then causing my hair to be even more dry than it already is
Averey J.
Yonkers
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is amazing, especially  for my black girls out there who have natural hair, but it's thin. After using this product, my hair got thicker and MY HAIR GREWWWW!!!!!!!!! I also used this during the transitioning process of my perm to natural hair and it has helped my hair immensely. I 100% think that this product is wonderful, not only for women of color, but for everyone.
Nadine A.
Dearborn , MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
i use this on my brows and my lashes and omg its done wonders!!!! my brows grew hair where i never had hair and have been trying to grow it for a long time!!! and my lashes are noticeably longer. when i wear mascara they look sooo good!! long and full!!
Pamela G.
Staten Island, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I’m literally using this right now and I totally love it, the smell is amazing and it really helps my scarp, I have been using it for like 3 weeks or so and I have notice that my hair has grown a lot, I have really curly and dry hair and this helps me
Kelsey L.
Boiling Spgs, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this everyday after I exfoliate, it helps with keeping skin looking bright and glowy, I use it before my make up as a moisturizer and you have to let it set for a few minutes because it is so thick, but my make up has a smoother finish since I've been using this, just don't apply it around the eyes during the day, it can mess up your eye make up.
Audrey P.
Leander, TX
What's the best way to apply this to lashes and brows?
Aisha M.
Moreno Valley, CA
How does this product smell? Is this product very thick?
Doreen A.
Has anyone used this product to reduce wrinkles?
Nikomi S.
How long after do you start seeing results after use?
Glory R.
Shiro, TX
Has anyone used on eyelashes?