Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar

SheaMoisture African Black Soap Bar for Acne Prone Skin - Black African Soap Bar SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Face & Body bar is designed to cleanse, hydrate and calm problem skin. Good reasons to choose this unique type of African soap are to help reduce those breakouts that erupt on the skin's surface, causing blemishes that interfere with a smooth complexion. We've formulated our black soap with certified organic Shea Butter for richness and moisture. Ingredients such as Aloe, Oat and Rosemary also contribute to making this a soap that helps to balance oily skin for a clearer complexion. Charcoal aids in detoxifying and gives our African soap a distinctive black color. Use African Black Soap daily for best results. Made with natural and certified organic ingredients.

Is there any specific skin type that this item works good on?
How good does this work?
Start your review of Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar!
Product Highlights
“...up to the scourge of trying EVERY body wash, EVERY bar of soap, EVERY sensitive skin product promising it's non-comodogenic, won't clog pores and won't irritate. Enter Shea Moisture products. This soap and it's body wash equivalent have been awesome. The smell, a traditional sandlewood smell, isn't your typical fruity, floral, soapy smell, but it's natural and complimentary for the soap. Just think people have been using that scent for centuries as a clean and pleasant cleansing fragrance. The soap, goes on your skin black. Don't be alarmed, it's from the "black African" part which is the palm ash and black tar extract. It rinses clean and you're good as new. The best part of this soap, is it works on acne, eczema, folliculitis, and contact dermatitis. You know those little chicken bumps lots of people get on the back of their arms? Well, THIS product (especially the body wash) will get rid of them! Trust me, my sister and I both use this now and it got rid of them for both of us! Lastly, this also contains shea butter, which is great because it helps to not dry out your skin while you're in the shower. I can't say enough good things about shea butter because it is natural product which has saved my checically sensitive soul. Shea Moisture is also organic and doesn't contain "Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, DEA, PABA, Synthetic Fragrance or Artificial Color." It's a little pricier than your standard body washes and soaps, but it's so much better for your skin and the environment and the body wash lasts me almost 2.5 months so I think it's worth it. A Bar of soap probably lasts me a month. I dare you to try it. Trust me, you'll see a difference.” in reviews
“...Clarisonic, and I couldn't believe the results after ONE night! No redness, no breakouts, no oily skin, just smooth and soft. My pores have practically disappeared. I use it on my body too and it helps so much with body breakouts! I'll NEVER go back!” in reviews
“I don't think I have ever loved a free sample more in my life! So, I got a FULL SIZED sample from PinchME, and it's something I have always wanted to try, but just didn't want to waste money on since I have finicky skin. Anyway, I am SO happy I got this because I will be a faithful purchaser from now on. I have weird skin for an adult. I still get acne on my chin. It's not horrible, but I can have like 1-3 small pimples at any given time. What is the worst about these pimples is the fact that no matter what I do I get marks on my skin afterwards. Anyway, I have been using this soap for 5 days and my pimples have already dried up! What I love the most is that the ingredients are mostly natural, non abusive to animals, and they feel great. When I use this soap my face just feels refreshed and clean. I don't feel tightness. I don't feel dryness. I just feel a nice, thorough clean! ” in reviews
“I have acne prone skin and to be honest I don't think this really helped it it didn't make my acne better or worse it just stayed the same but I mean it's okay for cleanser.” in reviews
“my skin has finally given up to the scourge of trying EVERY body wash, EVERY bar of soap, EVERY sensitive skin product promising it's non-comodogenic, won't clog pores and won't irritate.” in reviews
Wichita Falls, TX
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar uploaded by Cassie V.
So I received my VoxBox about a week ago and I immediately got so excited! I’ve been trying to use more organic and vegan skincare and this fit the bill. I know that the color of the actual bar of soap can be daunting but I promise it doesn’t stain your tub or anything. Just gonna put that out there. I have body acne prone skin so I was all for trying this soap especially after reading online it helps with troubled skin. After one week I can say i am noticing a difference in the KP bumps on the back of my arms and shoulders. Now don’t get me wrong it’s not a cure all but it definitely is helping a bit especially the Shea butter is moisturizing and helping with the itch. And my skin literally feels squeaky clean. It’s the craziest thing. Smell is amazing and not too overpowering. All and all I will definitely continue using this bar. The only con I have is I did have to put it in its own dish with draining little scrubby thing under it because I made the mistake of leaving it on the edge of my tub the first day and it got that gross squishy stuff on the underside. Y’all know the one. But after letting it dry after use I’ve had no other issues. Would definitely recommend.
Sterling Hts, MI
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar uploaded by Heather H.
Purchased at: Target
If someone told me I could only have one product in my life, I would choose this one. About 3 years ago, my face broke out like never before. I tried just about everything and nothing worked, until I tried this soap. I attached a photo of my face 3 years ago and a picture from last week. Although I’m wearing makeup, it’s nothing to heavy on the skin and you can see there are no bumps. I highly recommend this to everyone.
Denton, TX
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar uploaded by Meagan S.
I hated this soap. The smell is so bad that I can’t use it; I actually forced myself to use it twice just so I could give an honest review. It smells like weird, kind of rubbery licorice with a hint of old bubble gum or something. Really bad. I guess the good thing is that the smell does not stick around on your skin. After I got out of the shower, I couldn’t smell it on my body, for which I was very grateful. Also, since it’s black, it lathers up gray. And if you get any lather on your shower wall or curtain, you’d better rinse it off immediately or else it will dry, and you’ll have muddy gray spots in your shower. But they don’t stain or anything; they’re just harder to get off after they’ve dried. I would not recommend this, and I would absolutely not purchase it. I’m glad that I got this for free because I would be sad if I had spent money on it.
Dallas, TX
Purchased at: Amazon
This soap is AMAZING! I picked this up on a family suggestion as a treatment for my baby’s eczema prone skin. We were having a LOT of trouble finding a soap that didn’t trigger a reaction (even some of the biggest names failed us). But after just a few days of using this product, my baby’s skin was baby soft! It’s been 2 weeks and now the whole family is using it. I even started putting a little on his scalp and his curls are springy and full of body! Don’t even get me started on how this has helped my morning/evening routine! Effectively removes makeup and leaves face feeling silky smooth with no filmy residue. Just as a bonus, it smells delicious as well! I would recommend this soap to EVERYONE! Reasonable price point makes it an easy purchase that you definitely won’t regret!
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar uploaded by Krista H.
I am so pleasantly surprised by this bar soap! I can honestly say it is not something I would have ever purchased before, but I will definitely be buying again whenever the bar runs out. It is so dense I can’t even imagine how long it will last. I and my two school-age sons have been using this soap exclusively for the last two weeks and are in love! It smells heavenly. It is just the right amount of sweet. It also leaves my skin so smooth. My oldest son has really sensitive skin and has had no reaction at all to using it. He is thrilled to be able to use something other than baby soap. The only downside is that the soap is black, so you need to make sure to rinse any residue so it doesn’t stain light colored shower curtains or walls. We will definitely make this a staple in our house!
Brooklyn, NY
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar uploaded by @jhaszmyn P.
I had a bad reaction to a clean facial cleanser I bought from another brand. I broke out bad for a week and decided to switch to this soap since I know african black soap is suppose to be really good. I used this and my skin cleared up within a week. I’m currently still using it and plan to continue. It’s been only a week and the spots are disappearing and flattened. You can see the differences in both photos. The first one is now and the second is previously when I broke out. I’m gonna give it about another week to fully clear
Medway, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve had this product for a while and it’s not typically one I reach for I think mostly because it’s a bar soap however I used it recently and was blown away! I have oily skin and usually no matter what face wash or moisturizer I use my skin ends up oily within a few hours and after using this soap in the morning my skin was not oily until almost night and even then there was a minimal amount of oil! The soap does not feel like it’s getting a really deep clean when you use it but your skin is still left feeling clean and actually very soft too. The only thing I did not like was how tight my skin felt right after using this soap but that feeling went away shortly after! I highly recommend for my oily skin girls out there!
Flagstaff, AZ
Let me start by saying that I am the un-trendiest person ever. With that said, I saw all of these Pins from Zendaya and other celebrities about how they keep their skin so glowy and blemish-free and I had to try out the common denominator: African black soap. So I headed over to Walmart and bought this huge bar of soap for about $5. Now I use it every single day and have only bought out 3 bars of this soap over the course of the last year.
Since using this soap, my acne has almost completely disappeared, with the exception of a rare blemish here and there. I have very sensitive skin and this soap does not cause any irritation or drying. I do follow washing my face with toner and lotion as well.
Highly recommend, especially for such a reasonable price!
Highly recommend, especially for such a reasonable price!
Twin Falls, ID
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar uploaded by Sarah W.
First off opening the box I noticed the smell. it smells very nice, not flowery. My husband promptly stole it and decided he was going to try it first. he has very sensitive dry skin. After using it for a week we have noticed it feels nice. Neither of us have had any reactions to it It rinses clean and doesn't leave a slimy residue like some moisturizing soaps. It does take a little work to get a good lather. it is easier with a loofah. The only complaint we have is a strange one. The bar is rather large and sort of hard to hang on to in the shower. We would absolutely buy this for every day use.
Menifee, CA
I really enjoy this soap bar. It's easier to purchase one soap bar for my boyfriend &I to use, rather than 2. He doesnt use any products with pork byproducts (glycerin) so we started using this one. (I also enjoy their haircare products.) I enjoy that this soap doesnt leave a residue on your skin. I have sensitive skin, and it doesnt cause any outbreaks. It's also a huuuuuge soap bar. My ONLY concern is that it does leave black soap residue on the shower, so you constantly have to make a point to rinse your shower after each use. Other than that, awesome soap! I don't see us ever using anything other than this!

470 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Johannesburg, Gauteng