Shaw Internet uploaded by fatima ezzahra B.

BY SHAW #8 in Wireless Service Providers

• Why is this in Happy hour lol. i guess internet Is happy ...3 Answers
  • I never heard of this is it good service?1 Answers
aaa a.
complete dogshit internet, its trash just like their other retarded services, never ever get this useless trash provider

these retards cant even make a SOMEWHAT decent internet, it sucks just like the employees

i swear shaw are brainless, just end ur worthless lives

to shaw: never touch internet ever again you retards, your literally the worst provider ive ever used, stay the hell out of internet providing
A few months ago Shaw talked me into up grading my modem to a Cisco DPC3825 and told me that I was going to get a stronger signal.  Prior to that I was using another Shaw modem with a DLink router and DLink range extender.  This system worked just great and I had no problems.  Since I got the new modem a few months ago I have had nothing but problems.  It was bridged to my Dlink router but continually dropped the signal and I would have to re-boot.  I spent hours on the phone with Shaw while they tried to sort the problems out.  Finally they stated it was my Dlink router and range extender causing the problem and I had to disconnect them and just use the Cisco modem as my wifi router.  Now I am getting a signal of about 55%, which is constantly dropping.  It is just plain crap.  The system worked just fine before they talked me into the new modem.  And to add insult to injury the technician took my old modem, which belonged to me.  I have asked Shaw numerous times for the return of the modem and they just ignore me.  I have been a Shaw customer for ten years.  When I first took the service for phone and Internet it was $65 per month and now it is $110 per month, or nearly double.  My income in the mean time has gone up about 15%.
Andrew Z.
Winnipeg
I want to cancel your Shaw service. But I will give you the last chance. I highly disappointed with your stupid service. One agent didn't manage to create the new account for me. Also, I still getting billes from my canceled old account. Thirdly I paid For tow months in advance for the new account after I moved to Victoria. It was 252. And now you say my internet will be more expensive by 7 dollars (it's one of the most expensive internet in the world and you even dare to raise the price?), and you sent me a bill with another 132 dollars due to June 16. But I paid 252 for two month for the period from April 16 to June 15. Why Another 132$ is due to June 16? And I canceled my home phone? Why I don't see any decreased price? I don't use my phone for last 30 days. Why you haven't refund that amount of money. Some third world countries have 10 times better internet service and 10 time cheaper internet.
member-31adb
Okay, So I lived in Europe for about maybe 10 years, and let me tell You, I have experienced probably one of the best, fastests, most stable, internet ever. But when I came to Canada, Alberta, everything changed.  I got shaw internet because it was the only internet I could get, because companies like telus, would not get me the internet to my place, because the whole neighbourhood where i lived at is very new. So I got shaw internet. I think it was a 150down and 15up with unlimited data. The first month was pretty good, even though they lie about the 150 down and 15 up part, it was pretty stable. But after that month, I noticed that some things were starting to change. It would cut out every 5 seconds for a minute for a whole day, so I could work, and I realised how horrible the shaw company is. I tried calling them to fix the problem and all they did was reset my modem!, Unbelievable. Such liers, and I pay huge money here for the internet, where back in Europe I would just pay 15 euros (about 23 canadian dollars). I am really upset with this service, and because of it, I cannot do my job. I am upset and will post more reviews where possible just to tell people how of a horrible this company is.
Jack D.
Let me tell you a story, I just moved from Europe to Canada, and I knew from back home that NA had one of the worst internet providers and internet quality in the world, but I never expected it to be this bad. I'm currently paying $80 for a 250GB monthly limit and a crap dl speed of under 20MB/s, not even gonna try to talk about the upload.

And as if that wasn't enough I get massive lag spikes whenever I log into any online game, so for me, this is the worst internet provider I've ever seen, my freakin cell phone has better internet than this. STAY AWAY... seriously.

PS: as a comparison, in Europe I paid $20 for 500 mb/s dl speed and unlimited traffic, SHAW has worse speeds than what my local provider had 20 years ago, and I'm not kidding, literally 20 years ago...
Marcia F.
PLEASE,  PLEASE DON'T SIGN A CONTRACT WITH SHAW..........WROST DECISION I EVER MADE!!! THEIR SERVICE IS NOT GOOD!! STAY AWAY FROM THEIR CONTRACT THEY'RE CROOKS. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
Marissa M.
I am a current shaw internet costumer and HATE my service, I had cable and Internet for 2 years and I finally canceled my cable last month because half the time my cable was pixels and would freeze for a half an hour at a time. My internet is just as bad
Lizet H.
Rio Grande Cy, TX
I have not tried this but heard some complaints about it and inhappy with time warner cable
Kara P.
St, AB
Terrible customer service. Internet quality is inconsistent even in the middle of a "hotspot"
Danie S.
Blaine, WA
Honestly if I had the option to switch to a more affordable provider I would. Unfortunately in my region (and Canada in general) there are not many options. I'm constantly losing connection and it's very clear that they don't monitor the amount of users as I pay for a higher speed but constantly am battling lag.
Brooke M.
Why is this in Happy hour lol. i guess internet Is happy hour lol
Deosha A.
Philadelphia, PA
I never heard of this is it good service?