Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz.

by holifrog

WHAT IT IS:

5 oz.; Web ID: 3497641

Web ID: 3497641

Is this worth the hype and money, I’ve heard great things about it from other influencers?
Is this product physically exfoliating (I see quartz in the ingredients) or is it a smooth gel texture?
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. Is it as good as people say it is?
Start your review of Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz.!
Rebecca P.
Wethersfield, CT
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 4
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. uploaded by Rebecca P.
So I have tried all three of the holy frog cleansers now and I would say this is my second favorite behind the Milky pink cleanser. And the main reason behind this ranking is the smell of this cleanser, kind of an acidic citrus sent that I am not a gigantic fan of. Wish this was unscented or lighter like the other two cleansers. However, I am very pleased with how gentle this is for an AHA product. Sometimes chemical exfoliant can be too harsh on my sensitive skin, but this is actually not harsh at all as far as I can tell. Definitely recommend even though it is on the pricier side, very high quality product and a fantastic brand to support.
Caylyn G.
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. uploaded by Caylyn G.
The Holifrog Shasta AHA refining Acid Wash is my primary cleanser I reach for when my face decides to breakout! It feels so gentle on the skin, but I just know it’s destroying all of my acne behind the scenes!
Rebecca H.
Riverside, CA
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. uploaded by Rebecca H.
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. uploaded by Rebecca H.
This is a great exfoliating face wash. Gentle but effective. Has a nice array of AHAs, plus some soothing ingredients as well (e.g. aloe), no potentially irritating fragrances or essential oils. I especially like mixing it with Holifrog’s Como Popp-E scrub for some really good thorough exfoliation that somehow doesn’t strip your skin at all. It is expensive, but worth it, I think. If I had to pick only one product from Holifrog’s line, it would be this one.
Katrina K.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 2
Purchased at: Beautylish
You can get the same cleasner by adding a few oils together after using an everyday glycolic wash, nothing special and smells god awful. I mean just like rotten mushrooms and dirt. Horror. This entire line has suspicious exact reviews, calling them holi grails, "she" and other hype driven labels. There are way way way better acid washes for a quarter of the cost. I barely made it through the test period. The influencers just push these new products based on shelf appeal. You want your skin to look great and even youthful to mature you've got to really look past high prices and gimmick names to find what's the best and actually gives long term benefits. The acids listed in the ingredients can easily be bought and added to any regime and save hundreds of dollars in the end. I believe most importantly in value for my clients, this is no value. Entire line gets a meh from me. And unlike what I've seem written and product proclaimed no toner is a huge mistake. Toners tighten and close open pores. How can this cleanser claim to replace it? You can't cleanse with your pores being closed off with the added toner. It makes no sense. Toners are essential to close up what you just cleaned. Using a toner polishes and whisks away any left behind cleanser and debris missed. Easy. User your toners, even if its just witch hazel for a couple bucks.
Mandy M.
Chandler, AZ
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 2
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. uploaded by Mandy M.
I received this product complimentary from Poke PR & fell in love with the Holifrog cleansers. Shasta is my all time fav for my oily, breakout prone skin. I definitely think these are on the pricier side of cleansers but some of them are worth it. They last quite a long time even after daily use! This one has a very weird scent that I didn’t mind but it may not come off as very pleasant to others lol!
Mahima P.
Weddington, NC
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
This product is marketed as a skin-clearing serum, BUT in a cleanser form. Mind-blowing right? It is used to help clear away pore-clogging debris and dull dead skin. It is used to help exfoliate to reveal brighter and smoother skin with smaller-looking pores. It is targeted towards those who have breakouts, congestion, large pores, dullness, and rough texture The texture of this cleanser is gel-like.This product has quickly become one of my favorite cleansers Incorporating this cleanser into my daily routine has helped eliminate texture and also helped make my skin look so much brighter! I also love this cleanser because it isn’t drying at all, which is amazing.I would definitely recommend this product to others because I saw results immediately after using it. I love the brand and what it stands for as well. This cleanser currently retails for $38, which is a little pricey for a cleanser, but trust me it is worth it!
Ashley K.
Scottsdale, AZ
I love HoliFrog! This is my new favorite face wash especially for my morning cleanse! Usually my AHA's are in my toners but with this face wash, you can ditch your toner! I am seeing really good results with this face wash and instead of reaching for my toner, I just go right into my serum/moisturizer/SPF. I feel like I am really treating my skin and exfoliating my skin with this face wash. This cleanses my skin well and works really well with my Clarosonic brush. It has a great pH, great ingredients and 3 types of AHA's. Caviar Lime, Mandelic Acid (great for sensitive skin) and Glycolic Acid which is one of my favorite AHA's. It has Tamanu oil which is great for inflammation and to protect your skin barrier. Also, there's Rosehip oil which also helps heal your skin barrier. It's just an overall great cleanser that also exfoliates which I really appreciate. And it feels hydrating on the skin!
Phi N.
Little Neck, NY
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. uploaded by Phi N.
So, at first when I started using this, I honestly didn’t see too much of a difference in my skin and it was a little upsetting because of the money shelled out for it. I took a break from it and tried out other cleansers for a bit. HOWEVER, later on I had momentary breakouts (nothing huge, just minor pimples coming and going on my cheeks, but they just wouldn’t go away!), so I started using this again every other night in hopes that I could gently exfoliate and cleanse the acne away, and it freaking it worked. I was amazed at how quickly my pimple bumps were reduced from the first 2 weeks of use and did notice a slight change in my overall skin (smoother, a little more hydrated after wash, and of course, less breakouts!) About this product: - Texture is light and creamy in hand - It doesn’t lather up whatsoever like all other cleansers. I found this to be a little off putting at first because I like to see where I’m applying my cleanser usually - The smell is also not the most pleasant in the beginning 😬 It smells strongly like clay? You’ll get used to it. ^^ I truly believe that I didn’t give it a fair chance in the beginning due to the non-lathering and smell being so difference from other products I’ve used but I would really recommend anyone to try this cleanser! It could be a total game changer for your skin, just need to be patient 🙏🏼
Rebecca M.
Boiling Spgs, SC
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
This washing treat me because it was in a HA refining wash. But there’s nothing special to it. It’s like any other wash. There’s no lather if that’s what you’re into there is none with this product. Wish that doesn’t bother me. It’s a good wash I haven’t had any issues with it but again it’s Expensive two stars off for the price. I don’t understand why this has to be so expensive.
Sarah T.
Brooklyn, NY
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
So unexpectedly good! This is one of my favorite cleansers and the only one I’ve tried from holifrog. It is unscented, which I like, but may be off-putting for someone who doesn’t like a more natural scent. I love that this is a gentle, exfoliating face wash and have been reaching for this over physical exfoliants. It leaves my skin hydrated, soft and smooth and I will absolutely be restocking once I’m out!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Supriya S.
Columbus, IN
il y a un an
Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash 5 oz. Is it as good as people say it is?
Becca H. il y a un an
Yes!! It’s amazing. I received it in a mystery box from beautylish in January and since then I’ve seen a huge improvement in my skin. Once it’s gone I will purchase it full price, and continue to buy it whenever I run out. It’s really amazing. But keep in mind it smells a little strange, you’ll get used to it though.