Shape uploaded by Crystal G.Shape uploaded by Felecia F.

BY NONE #31 in Magazines & Newspapers

1 Year, 12 issues - Shape Magazine helps women develop a healthy lifestyle to last a lifetime. Upbeat, lively and truthful, Shape gives you instantly useful techniques to make exercise and fitness more varied and fun, helps you trim the fat, and keeps today's woman challenged and motivated to look and feel her best. With each issue of Shape Magazine also comes great recipes, fashion tips, horoscopes, and beauty advice. see more...

Shape
  • "I love SHape- it is practical, realistic, has great tips and fits my lifestyle." in 5 reviews
  • "This is a great magazine - they have recipes workout ideas, style for workouts plus some really great health information!" in 5 reviews
Paige H.
Columbus
Love finding new ways to plan meals and find new exercises ! I try to read it at least once a month when they are released each month. My grandfather has the subscription, but gives me the magazine :)
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
I'm a little disappointed by Shape and similar womens workout magazines. The magazines show impractical workouts and headlines that are not achievable, like "loose 5 lbs in 2 weeks doing these two exercises!!11" They show women using very, very light and ineffective weights during their exercises and do not encourage women to step out of the cardio cardio cardio phase that is not seen in europe.
Lori L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I have been reading Shape magazine since my 20s. It has evolved over the years from just a fitness magazine to covering hot topics suck as relationships and does have articles about celebrities and their healthy living. I have always enjoyed the exercise of the month section. I don't even know if that is what it's called, but It helps for when you don't have time to work out you can still do something to increase your heart rate and get some motion into your body.
Amber S.
Mason, MI
Great value for the money. Lots of good workouts I love trying at the gym. I prefer this to Women's Health. Read every month. Good recipes, coupons sometimes too. There is also lifestyle advice and stories from real people that I enjoy as well.
Leila V.
Glendale, CA
In comparison to Women’s Health, Shape lacks a lot. The issues are very thing and don’t have as many articles and great recipes as WH. I had a subscription for a year that I’m not going to renew because I don’t think its worth it.
Melissa B.
Belmont, MA
I started getting this magazine for free though Mercury Magazines. It's not something I would normally buy, but it has a few good articles and usually a lot of good recipes. I am not incredibly athletic or anything, but every now and then when I feel motivated to be healthier I will pull out an old issue of Shape. They give you lots of different excersizes, which is great for people who don't plan on getting a gym membership.
Laury D.
Lake Forest, CA
I have been getting this magazine for about 5 months now, and I really like it, it help you to learn how to live healthy, and different exercises that you can try to help you out with your healthy life style, I have learned a lot reading this magazine, and I will keep receiving it for about 7 more months and the price for it is not to high, so I will keep getting it even after the 12 months, you should check it out, it also has great recipes in it for your healthy life style, and and anoth good things is that it also has beauty tips and adivce.
Amanda N.
Overall this is a good magazine if you are trying to be healthy or you get bored with your work outs very easily. It has the same problems many magazines do, unfortunately, they struggle to come up with new/original content, so after a while it just seems you are reading the same thing over and over.
Victoria M.
I love Shape magazine, because it offers the perfect balance of beauty/fashion tips with the health/fitness/lifestyle tips. The magazine doesn't talk down to you, and it's not overwhelmed with print ads like some others. The workouts are broken down with clear instructions and diagrams, and they offer useful tips for making your daily routine more manageable (ie: how to pack your gym bag).
christina m.
East Boston, MA
I love shape magazine and always look forward to this one the only thing about them and so many magazines about health is the exercise routines they need to have some for beginners because I am just starting my serious weight loss journey and cant do a crazy long hard work out yet I also cant squat do to an injury so they should incorporate more workouts but easier ones
Nora M.
Indianapolis, IN
How many people do the work outs in here?
Jewel S.
Austin, TX
How amny people read this?
Miranda M.