BY SHAMELESS #7 in TV

• Does anybody else miss Steve? 26 Answers
  • Is Shameless really as good as everyone says?7 Answers
Selena S.
Temple Terrace
I started watching this show because people were raving about it. I didn't have high hopes at all. I know Emmy Rossum has a beautiful singing voice, and is a decent actress, and William H. Macy is and acting great, but I just wasn't that thrilled to watch the show.

Shameless is about a Chicago brood of six kids headed by the eldest sibling (Rossum). Emmy Rossum's ,Fiona, character basically is the only real parental figure her siblings have.

Despite all the booze, illegal activity, open sexuality, and adult narcissism, or maybe I should say BECAUSE of all the booze, illegal activity, open sexuality, and adult narcissism, I LOVE the show!

It's hilarious, and I find myself laughing out loud all the time! There is plenty of drama and tear jerkers too!

I'm catching up on season 8 still, but am hearing a lot about season 9 already and, it isn't even out yet! Season 8 is getting mixed feelings from me so far, but I'm still a fan!
Stephanie J.
Shameless is such a work of art that I keep watching it over and over. I love that it is so realistic, heart-wrenching, and relatable all in one. I also appreciate that Shameless isn't afraid to tackle tough issues such as suicide, self harm, addictions, and mental health. I also appreciate that it shows the ugly side of America and the struggles of living in impoverished neighborhoods in a struggling family that most shows don't show. Emmy, who plays Fiona, is one of the best well-rounded actors I've seen in a long time and is a perfect main character of the show. All the actors do a great job of maintaining their characters development. I suggest the show to all my friends, but it isn't for everybody as it is very triggering to some.
𝖒𝖆𝖞𝖈𝖊𝖏𝖊𝖆𝖓 J.
arnaudville , LA
Shameless is one of many netflix series i watch. I like shameless because its realistic. Some peoples lives are just like the Gallaghers. A drunk father thats never around and when he is he causes conflict. A sibling rasing their brothers and sisters. A bipolar mom with manic episodes. People around them that are closer then some family members. Its a great tv show. It makes you look at your situation differently. Others may have it worse then you. You're not the only one with a distinctional family.
Ashley P.
Indianapolis, IN
I started watching this show about 3 months ago on Netflix and I am now on the last episode of season 7. I know, binge watcher over here. Anyways I'm so depressed that I have to wait until November for season 8. I could watch this show all day every day it is so addicting and good. If you haven't watched it yet you will love every character in their own way. I loved the first season and the end of the 7th is really good too. Those two are my favorite but every episode in between is seriously just as good. It is a must watch show. I will worn you there is a lot of inappropriate things so don't try watching it with your kids or something. This is honestly the best show I have ever seen and I am so happy I gave it a shot.
Bre L.
Pittsburgh, PA
This show is hands-down one of the best shows on TV right now. It is so captivating. It perfectly blends the comedy and the drama meanwhile always keeping the viewers on their toes. I love that it really digs deep into each character and makes the audience feel for them. And then they do something and you hate them. Then love them again and so on! Haha. But all the actors really do a phenomenal job at bringing their characters to life and making them so relateable. It is also perfect not being on a main network, because this show would not even be close to the same if it had to be censored. So warning to those looking at reviews before watching, if strong language or other R-rated things offends you, this in not the show for you.
Stephanie W.
Twentynin Plm, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is honestly one of the best shows in the entire world. I do not get invested in a lot of shows - but this one I fell in love with. I CANNOT WAIT for the next season to start up. Each character has their own dynamic that you'll love and hate and the show will take you on a complete rollercoaster of emotions. I didn't want the show to end so I made myself stop watching for a while and then picked it up at a later date because I was going to be sad that it was over if I binge-watched and finished it in such a short amount of time. If you're leery about watching, just give it a shot. I know you'll like it! My roommates didn't think they would like it when I told them to start watching it and over the next two weeks, I watched them start binge-watching it every free moment they had. It felt good to see them enjoy it as much as I did - and it makes for great conversations when discussing the show.
Jessica M.
Dysfunctional. That's about the only word you can use to describe the Gallagher family. The acting is pretty good. story line keeps you interested. The characters are why you keep watching. Fiona The oldest sister whos is kinda stuck raising everyone makes you love her and then hate her with stupid decision making skills and lack of relationship know how. Frank is a hopeless drunk that you sometimes actually fee really bad for but mostly you just wish he'd go away forever.  Lip the second oldest, extremely smart and talented smart alec stuck in poverty.  you really hope he makes it in life. Ian and Mikey. Secret gays in a cute but extremely unhealthy relationship. and carl well carl is in his own little world. I loved watching these kids grow up through all the fun and the disappointments, i laughed i cried and i loved every minute of this show.
Elle B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Possible spoilers ahead, proceed with caution. I have watched every season that is currently on television. I like it, but I don't love it. The acting is good and I love all of the different characters. Most of the characters are believable, though they sometimes make the characters do something that is out of character. The complaint I have about this show is that nobody can ever succeed on this show, at least until this last season. For most of the show, something good would happen and literally directly after, something terrible would happen and I would just be very sad. I'm not saying it should be uplifting, but there needs to be a better balance. I still am interested in knowing everything that happens, I can't help it, especially since I have a crush on Fiona (Emmy Rossum). It's a good show and I recommend it.
Nicole L.
Cortlandt Mnr, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is the show that keeps giving.  It keeps dragging you back in for more when you think it's done, when you've had it with the characters choices.  The writing and acting is so realistic.  The characters are so true to their personality types, but the development of them over the series is crazy.  It's something to binge and you'll get so hooked.  Not like anything else on tv.
Amanda F.
Zanesville , OH
I really like this show. It reminds me of 'Roseanne' but amped up on meth and drama. I love the storyline and always catch myself rooting for the characters, like Frank, I always root for him to do better and become better. It was nice seeing it in the series and wondered how long this side of him will last haha. I really enjoy the show and have recommended it to others.
Meleigha P.
Truro, NS
Does anybody else miss Steve?
Melissa W.
Conception Bay South, NL
Shameless (UK) or Shameless (US)?
Cecilia P.
Sweden
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Who is your favorite character?
beka m.
Bessemer, AL
who is your favorite character? mine is carl!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
How much do you recommend me to watch this ?