by Shake 'n Bake
Ask a Question
Onika T.
Onika T.
Etobicoke, Ontario

Anyone have any tips on how to make the chicken stay crispy? Oftentimes, the chicken just turns out soggy.
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:14 p.m.
I know it sounds like it would make the chicken soggy instead of crispy, but I always dip the chicken in evaporated milk before i coat it in the shake and bake. That's it! It turns out crispy and juicy! Wonderful. Cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Courtney M.
Courtney M.
Nov. 29, 2013, 12:49 p.m.
Make sure you stick to the temperature guidelines on the pkg and I line my pan with foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. This always ensures my chicken stays crispy ans that I don't lose any coating from it sticking to the pan
Ashley Z.
Ashley Z.
Sept. 20, 2013, 12:37 p.m.
I had the same issue until I started putting more Shake N Bake on the chicken.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
June 22, 2013, 10:07 a.m.
I had the same issue which I was I am not a fan of this product. The only thing I would recommend is flipping them or sticking them on a metal drying rack on top of the cookie sheet.
Chelsea M.
Chelsea M.
May 26, 2013, 10:12 p.m.
Sometimes it's the temperature that you're baking it at, also try leaving it in the oven once it's done.
Julie B.
Julie B.
March 12, 2013, 10:20 a.m.
For some reason this worked for me. The directions say to cook on an UNgreased pan. I did that, they bottom was all soggy, which I hate. Next time, I sprayed the pan with pam, and they came out nice and crispy, not soggy at all.
Heather P.
Heather P.
Feb. 14, 2013, 5:31 a.m.
I bake them on a wire cooling rack sitting on top of baking sheet. Just be sure to spray with rack with cooking spray. I got this tip from the eating well website for their version of a healthy homemade shake and bake recipe.
Kristena K.
Kristena K.
Jan. 31, 2013, 3:08 p.m.
I use parchment paper under the chicken and increase my cooking time by a few minutes over recommended.
Jill O.
Jill O.
Jan. 23, 2013, 3:40 p.m.
For pork chops I bake them on a wire cooling rack (similar to the ones you would use to cool your freshly baked cookies). I place a cookie sheet under the wire rack to catch crumbs.

Join Now