Shake 'n Bake
#1 in Breadcrumbs
Onika T.
Onika T.
Etobicoke, Ontario
Anyone have any tips on how to make the chicken stay crispy? Oftentimes, the chicken just turns out soggy.
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
3 years, 1 month ago
O. Sorry
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Oxford, MS
3 years, 6 months ago
I know it sounds like it would make the chicken soggy instead of crispy, but I always dip the chicken in evaporated milk before i coat it in the shake and bake. That's it! It turns out crispy and juicy! Wonderful. Cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Courtney M.
Courtney M.
3 years, 9 months ago
Make sure you stick to the temperature guidelines on the pkg and I line my pan with foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. This always ensures my chicken stays crispy ans that I don't lose any coating from it sticking to the pan
Ashley Z.
Ashley Z.
Eldorado, ON
4 years ago
I had the same issue until I started putting more Shake N Bake on the chicken.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Lexington Park, MD
4 years, 3 months ago
I had the same issue which I was I am not a fan of this product. The only thing I would recommend is flipping them or sticking them on a metal drying rack on top of the cookie sheet.
Chelsea M.
Chelsea M.
4 years, 3 months ago
Sometimes it's the temperature that you're baking it at, also try leaving it in the oven once it's done.
Julie B.
Julie B.
Langhorne, PA
4 years, 6 months ago
For some reason this worked for me. The directions say to cook on an UNgreased pan. I did that, they bottom was all soggy, which I hate. Next time, I sprayed the pan with pam, and they came out nice and crispy, not soggy at all.
Heather P.
Heather P.
4 years, 7 months ago
I bake them on a wire cooling rack sitting on top of baking sheet. Just be sure to spray with rack with cooking spray. I got this tip from the eating well website for their version of a healthy homemade shake and bake recipe.
Kristena K.
Kristena K.
Brawley , CA
4 years, 7 months ago
I use parchment paper under the chicken and increase my cooking time by a few minutes over recommended.
Jill O.
Jill O.
Waipahu, HI
4 years, 8 months ago
For pork chops I bake them on a wire cooling rack (similar to the ones you would use to cool your freshly baked cookies). I place a cookie sheet under the wire rack to catch crumbs.