It Works

You'll love the way our premium, plant-based dish soap formula saves you time as it fights grease and powers through tough, dried-on food.

We Care

Our dish soap formulas help remove dried on foods and are biodegradable. Always use as directed.

Does this product have fragrance in it?
How would you describe the scent?
Is this really fragrance free?
Start your review of Seventh Generation Dish Liquid!
Asheville, NC
The first thing my husband noticed was how good it smelled. I definitely agree, and it makes everything suds up quickly. Still works as well as the Dawn we were using before, but this is a slightly thinner consistency, so I think you accidentally end up using a little more than normal with this one. We have hit the halfway mark and it has only been a few weeks since we bought the product, and I think the consistency of the formula is part of the cause. Otherwise, I love it and would definitely still buy it (more inclined to stock up when it is on sale). I really want to support the cause.
Katy, TX
Was not a fan of this Seventh Generation Dish soap the same as I am not a huge fan of all Seventh Generation products. I like to use cruelty free clean products and back around 4 years ago this was the only brand that you could constantly find available. It wasn't great compared to the Dawn and etc. that we were using but I thought it was because it was a "Clean" product and was giving it a try. Since I have Discovered Ms. Meyer and Method and will never go back to using Seventh Generation. For the extra cost you pay in a "Clean" product this does not do a good job actually cleaning your dishes.
Scottsdale , AZ
Seventh Generation Dish Liquid uploaded by Naomi T.
Purchased at: Target
While I mostly use the dishwasher, for a few items which can’t go inside I turn to this dish soap. The smell is lovely, not synthetic or overpowering and it foams up really well. A little goes a long way. This soap is great for cutting through grease and cleaning pans without leaving behind residue! Best of all it doesn’t have any nasty or harmful chemicals, nor does it leave my skin irritated!
San Diego , CA
Seventh generation dish liquid is one of my favorite dish soap brands. I have dry, eczema prone skin and washing dishes always beats up my hands. I love that their formulas are gentle and don’t have a strong smell. It’s one of the few brands that don’t make my hands outrageously dry. The lavender scent is very natural and not overwhelming at all. Even though it’s natural, it’s still tough on grease. I would recommend this brand to anyone with dry, sensitive skin!
Toms River, NJ
1,316 reviews
I have been using Seventh Generation dish soap for about 2years and absolutely love it..It cleanses my dishes amazing grease and all the first time every time..It comes in several different amazing scents to choose from each of them are fresh and clean smelling ..Its very affordable compared to many other brands that are on the market..You only need a little bit on your sponge to clean up your sink full of dishes..I definitely would recommend this product
I love how not harsh this soap feels on your skin after use. It is efficient with cleaning dishes and being unscented seventh generation, I am hopeful it is better for the environment too. I use this to clean so much more then dishes like plastics and toys too, which is awesome! You will always find a bottle of this at our house! A little goes a long way too with this product’s concentration amounts a bottle can last a month long in our busy home.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
Love this soap! Like most people, I am not a fan of doing dishes, but with the mellowing lavender in this, it makes it a little bit easier. This soap gets very sudsy, and clean dishes with ease. Stuff I would usually have to soak, comes clean the first time around. And I love that this has so many natural things in it, my hands don’t get nearly as dried out with this soap. It comes in a big bottle for the price, so it isn’t too expensive!
Seventh Generation Dish Liquid uploaded by Nathalie D.
Purchased at: Target
I use the seventh gen free and clear dish soap to wash all my babies bottles, plates, soppy cups and my pumping parts. It is scentless so no worries about making your bottles smell like anything. It’s good at getting the milk film out. Works great on your regular dishes too. I like that you can buy the bigger bottle to use as a refill.
I won’t give this five stars because I’m not convinced Seventh generation is that great of a brand. Writing this review has me rethinking how I make decisions about purchasing dish soap. I will definitely be doing research before I repurchase. In the past this has been my go to buy because I avoid fragrance and I want something that is less toxic to me and the environment. Will keep you all updated don’t you worry.
Alexandria, IN
This is my favorite dish liquid. I like how it isn’t scented, because I’ve never been a fan of when the fresh scents mix with the food scents. I find that to be a gross combination. I also like how I don’t feel as though I’m covering my dishes with chemicals. I appreciate that everything feels very clean. Having it work for the environment rather than against it is also a great benefit.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Allentown , PA
il y a 2 ans
Seventh Generation Dish Liquid Is it worth the extra money to buy this natural dish detergent.. how well does this clean the food off the dishes??
Makenzie S. • il y a 8 mois
It is worth the extra money if you care about the enviornment dawn and many other dish soaps are not biodegradable and they contain dyes and frgraces and literal chemicals so yes it is very much woth it ...and if you buy at winco or walmart its really not that big of a diffrence to dawn. And it works just as good as any other dish soap incuding dawn i have personally tried them all!!!
Makenzie S. • il y a 8 mois
Cleans compared to any other brand even extra strenghts!! And its earth friendly!!
Dais U. • il y a 5 mois