Seventh Generation Automatic Dishwashing Detergent uploaded by Nicole C.Seventh Generation Automatic Dishwashing Detergent uploaded by Alyssa F.

BY SEVENTH GENERATION

Dishwashing detergents don t need chlorine, phosphates, synthetic fragrances, or artificial dyes to do your kitchen s dirty work.  And the planet doesn t need stuff like that being rinsed down the drain. Seventh Generation Automatic Dishwasher Powder removes grease & grime to reveal sparkling clean dishes, without the additives listed above.  It s a Free & Clear solution that s as tough and effective on dinner s mess as it is gentle and safe on the world.  Use it with Seventh Generation Rinse Aid and even hard water won t stop its great performance. At Seventh Generation, we know your home is your world. For the past 20 years, it s been our mission to help you protect your world with our environmentally responsible and effective household products.  By choosing Seventh Generation household products, you create a healthy environment for you and your fa see more...

Buy on Walgreens*
  • "We just started using Seventh Generation products when I read that they are eco friendly and cruelty free." in 2 reviews
  • "They work great and a good for the environment." in 1 review
  • "Gets the dishes clean without nasty chemicals or destroying the environment." in 1 review
Kori K.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
It's good. Doesn't leave behind much residue very often. I like it because it's natural and scent free. I don't like products that leave a "flavor" on my dishes. I have been switching it up recently between this and the new packs from Method. They do similar work.
Paige E.
Beltsville, MD
I really love that I can now use all natural cleaning products in my dishwasher too. My dishes still get so clean and I can feel good about the product I’m using. I really have not noticed a difference between this product and the other “non-natural” dish detergents!
Amanda W.
Macon, GA
Once again, Seventh Generation makes such a wonderful product that I have no need to ever buy a different brand. We have bought this for our dishwasher since day one and it's always performed excellently.
Corinne M.
Akron, OH
My roomate and I love this stuff. It's easy to use and the results are great. Last year, I started using beauty and skincare products that were cruelty free and i decided why not take it a step further and use cruelty free stuff for our home stuff like detergent! it;s been a great alternative and it works extremely well!
Tabatha B.
Fulshear, TX
This is a great item. I was a little worried because I read some of the bad reviews about the thick film and stuck on particles. I also read that it wasn't good for pots and pans, which concerned me a bit because I do throw my pots and pans in the dishwasher from time to time.
I have used other detergents and experienced a white film, notably Palmolive Eco. I found that if I run the hot water in my sink until it gets really hot before I turn the dishwasher on, I don't experience any stuck on particles or films. I would recommend this to everyone who experiences this before you just throw the product out. It gets the water hot in the line before it starts to go through your dishwasher so your dishes aren't washed in cold water before the hot water gets there. I find this to work GREAT for me.
As for this product, I love it. No films or particles, cleans great, and there is no harsh smell when I pull my stuff out of the dishwasher. With other detergents, I always had to rinse my daughters pacifiers and other dishes because I was afraid there could be residual chemicals left on them, but not with this detergent. It's great and I would recommend it to anyone.
Payten H.
El Dorado Spg, MO
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I love this dish detergent they definitely get my dishes clean and make them smell good and great! They do not leave any film on my dishes and doesn't make spots on clear glasses! I highly recommend to everyone with a dish washer
Mary A.
I was skeptical, but hopeful, that this product would work better than the other dishwasher detergents we've tried (Cascade powder, Seventh Generation Gel) and boy howdy, it sure does. We have hard water, and the previous detergents, even with the rinse agent, left our glassware less than clear. After a just a couple of loads, everything came out clean, and the glasses were clear. Really clear. I couldn't believe it. I feel like one of those housewives in an old TV commercial. Our dishes and glasses are coming our clean and sparkling! Plus...no phosphates and good for the environment! (Smiles at the camera) Going to check into Seventh Generation's rinse agent now, cause these detergent packs are great.
Krista K.
We have hard water and when you combine that with most natural cleaners, it leaves a residue on our dishes. I was never a powder detergent fan until I bought this on a whim, now it's what we buy 95% of the time.
Melissa C.
Chesapeake, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I love Seventh Generation products, and I use them all throughout my home. They are safe to use even with small children, but they are very powerful and effective, and the dishwashing liquid is no different. It's strong enough to cut through nasty grease, but safe for washing my son's bottles at the same time.
Sylwia P.
We were very excited to try this product when we had a dishwasher because it's so natural and environmentally friendly compared to others, however it left streaks and spots on our dishes that we later had to rinse out ourselves.

Wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for sparkling clean dishes.
Kimberly E.
Those who have used this product; does it work good or do you have to prewash or add boosters to the wash also?
Heather Z.
Does this product fully dissolve or leave a residue one glasses?
Liz S.
Does the powder work as well as the liquid detergent?
Jessica H.
Newton, NC
I am familiar with this brand, but have not seen this product in ANY store near me. Does this live up to the rest of the brand's performance and what stores have you found this at?
Jessica J.
Elizabethtown, KY
How well does this work compared to stuff like cascade?