Pet SuppliesPet Flea & Tick ControlSeresto
8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens

Seresto 8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens

Are these worth the cost? Do they stay on good?
Have you noticed any adverse reactions to this product?
Does this product work well? I have 3 indoor cats that never go out but still have fleas. I need help.
Start your review of Seresto 8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens!
Samantha Z.
Brookhaven, GA
Seresto 8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens uploaded by Samantha Z.
This product is a life saver! Because I have 5 cats, flea and tick protection was rather costly until I came across this collar. It is good for eight months which really helps with my budget. I had a really bad flea outbreak in my home in the summer, and one of my cats skin was so raw, he was miserable! When my vet recommended this collar, I was a bit skeptical, but the fleas were gone by the next day! After getting the apartment treated, I can say my cats have been flea free since!
Kimberly A.
Ovid, NY
Seresto is the only thing I use on my cats and dogs. It’s the easiest and works the best too. The only thing is I wish it would work getting rid of ear mites
Jordan W.
Winchester, VA
Seresto 8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens uploaded by Jordan W.
Purchased at: Chewy.com
I used Seresto for my cats for 2 years. It was expensive, but it seemed to work. However - one of my cats started suffering from serious skin lesions. His vet visits for diagnostics and treatment incurred quite a large bill - we thought he was allergic to foods and tried several that were hypoallergenic, we tried steroids, Atopica... (The vet wouldn’t consider Seresto as a cause when I mentioned it.) It was a rough 6 month process. After reading an article about the dangerous side effects others experienced with Seresto in early March (2021), I decided to cut the collars off my cats. The difference is night and day!!!! And Elanco denies that their product is dangerous, despite a Congress subcommittee calling for a voluntary recall based on the dangerous combination of pesticides in their product. I know that not every animal or person will have a negative reaction to the product, but it is worth educating yourself on the implications of using Seresto collars. Please be informed.
davidmichael B.
Camden Wyo, DE
Works great. Noticed the life is a little longer here in our mild climate. No issues at all with using this collar
Melissa P.
Omar, WV
Works wonderful and is very affordable for the amount of coverage you get with this collar!
Rachel B.
Seresto 8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens uploaded by Rachel B.
Purchased at: Chewy.com
I love this. Have been using it for 2 straight years on my girl Kitty cat. She is indoor/outdoor and loves to romp in the weeds and woods. This collar doesn’t irritate her or cause other issues. The fleas and ticks and mosquitoes stay away from her for real. And if a tick tries to crawl on her it jumps off and doesn’t attach (I’ve actually witnessed it). Anyways, higher price but worth it. It lasts UP to 8 months but I change like at 6 months. [product:seresto-8-month-flea-&-tick-prevention-collar-for-cats-&-kittens]
Adrianna R.
Los Angeles, CA
A little on the expensive side in comparison to some other brands, but it last 8 months and really does keep my kitties flea-less. Plus there’s no odor or powder to the collar which I really like. It’s also really thin and isn’t bulky.
Angela Z.
Lancaster, NY
Seresto 8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens uploaded by Angela Z.
I use this on 3 out of 4 of my cats. Buyer beware my 4th cat had an extremely severe reaction, we had to rush him to the vet within 6 hours of putting on the collar all of his Fur on his neck was gone and his neck skin was red raw and bleeding. He recovered but it was a very scary experience.
Susan D.
Dodson, LA
Purchased at: Chewy.com
Bought to try for our cat, well it does help and work as it says. Our cat isn’t an outdoor cat so I wanted to make sure she didn’t get bugs to. I give her a bath and leave collar on and it doesn’t hurt it. Highly recommend
Annie W.
Lewiston, ID
Seresto 8 Month Flea & Tick Prevention Collar for Cats & Kittens uploaded by Annie W.
Within a day of putting this on our cat we were flea free. The best part is, it lasts 8 months. It seems expensive at first but so worth it for as long as it lasts. Our cat is allergic to fleas so as long as he’s wearing his Seresto collar he’s doing great
Ask a question to the Influenster community...