BY SEPHORA #7 in Online Retailers

• sephora or drugstore sephora.com3 Answers
  • Just a quick Survey, especially with the #Sephora Sale going on r...3 Answers
  • Sephora vs ulta? I’m not sure what kind of girl i am. Sephora is...3 Answers
C. H.
I always love shopping at Sephora! The stores are always super organized and they sell so many different brands. Everyone can definitely find a brand they love here. The girls who work at Sephora are always super helpful and are willing to go above and beyond to help you find the right product. Also, free mini makeovers and points for every purchase make it so worth it to shop here. The free samples they offer if you spend over a certain amount are great, I have found lots of brands I love through this. I also think the benefits different membership levels have are great.

Shopping at Sephora.com is super easy and I personally have never had any issues. The $10 flash shipping is a great feature Sephora’s website offers. I also love the free samples they offer at checkout. I only ever had one issue before where they sent me a bunch of samples I didn’t choose at checkout, but I was able to exchange them for ones I wanted at a Sephora store.

One thing to remember is when you spend certain amounts, you can get complimentary makeovers. I have forgotten this so so many times when I shop here, but it’s definitely something to remember whenever you shop here. If you spend $50, you get a free custom makeover for 45 minutes. If you spend $125, you get a personal one on one 90 minute fragrance, beauty and skincare makeover. And if you spend $75, you get a 30 minute complimentary perk hydrating facial.
Jenn B.
Cochranville , PA
I cannot get enough of Sephora. The $10 annual flash shipping is such a bargain -- unlimited free 2-day shipping for a year, no matter how few or how many products you buy. You get 3x free one-use sample sizes with every order, plus a deluxe size sample with pretty much any order over $25 (they'll also regularly have promos for a whole bag of goodies for orders over $35 or $45). The other fantastic bargain is the "___ by Sephora" boxes with a curated medley of deluxe-sized sample products at a greatly discounted price compared to the retail value. I've discovered so many of my favorites by trying out the products in the Sephora sampler kits. If you're strategic about ordering when they have great sample promos, and if you're a part of their Beauty Insider program (all you need is an email address), you can take advantage of some amazing offers. I've pretty much gotten to the point where I consolidate all my beauty spending at Sephora (although I pretty much never go to their stores -- it's all Sephora.com for me). Their return policy is amazing, too.
Megan O.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
I love going to Sephora because they have limited edition products that you can only get there from my favorite Brands like Urban Decay tarte of course Kat Von D. The only thing I don't like about so far as they tend to hire really cocky employees. There have been several times where I've gone in without my makeup on and treated poorly compared to when I go in with my makeup done. Sometimes employees will ignore you despite the store being busy and them not working with anyone. Other than that Sephora is a great place to find a variety of colors in cosmetics that may not be available at other beauty stores like Ulta. But I do wish that they offered the same Rewards program as Ulta because then I am able to use my points as money and considering you spend hundreds of dollars on Cosmetics a year that really helps instead of getting a stupid sample of something you may not like.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I love sephora. In the last 2 years I have spent over 11k at sephora alone. They always have the best products and the most unique products. They bring in brands that no store carries like their current partnership with colour pop and similar brands like ciate London and fresh. These brands would be out of reach for many like me who live in the middle of the country but are still high end beauty obsessed. I love the rewards I get for being a loyal customer from the 10 percent off the minute I spend enough to be vib and they great gift I get when I become rouge each year. The invitations to rouge events and the free makeovers. The great point rewards and the option to buy things before anyone else can get their hands on them. They have fast shipping and great availability in stores. Don't have something you want in store? Thats ok they will order it for you online on their website, you can pay rigjt there and it will show up on your doorstep. Rouge gets free flash 2 day shipping which is a huge deal on shipping because its free no matter how little you spend. Its 10 dollars a year for vib I believe. Their play box is available to everyone lately and they are just really great to their loyal customers with twice a year 20 percent off sales for vib and vib rouge free samples in stores whether you buy something or not. Free samples for every order and even a bigger sample for spending over 25, 35 or 45 dollars depending on how big the sample is and what its of. And you get to choose all of these and they switch them out often.
Js something sold out? Sign up to be notified by email the minute it comes back or becomes live on the site for the first time. Sephora just can't be beat and if I have a choice I will always buy from them.
May W.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Sephora is amazig  as is because you get to try and sample things before you actually commit to it. And not only that, but you can even return it if you buy it and it does not work out for you. I love open policies like that because sometimes, or at least the sephora I go to, the salesrep doesnt usually enjoy giving out free samples. So it makes me uncomfortable to ask for samples ever again. But if I really want to test a product out first before buying, then hell yea i am going to ask for a sample.

Sephora also came out with their WOW thursdays where they have flash sales and I am LOVING IT. I can find a naked pallet (travel size) for just $19. Um yes please. And their point system gifts have been really good too! (tatcha, beauty blender soap etc)
Cassia E.
Ah, my love-hate relationship with The Black-and-White Paycheck Hole! Love the selection, love the shopping experience both on the website and the app, love the new Augmented Reality app content, love playing the free stuff game for all its worth until it counts as a hobby.

HATE HATE HATE that they’ve started using Lasership for Rouge shipping!!!! I’ve lost count of how many of my orders dumb Lasershiphas taken to the wrong address and thrown on someone else’s porch! Usually after 7-10 days. Made a lot of irate phone calls, they bought me off with a zillion points and even a $50 gift card once, and I thought my problem was solved when they introduced Priority Mail as a free shipping alternative. But you can’t default to it, so last night I accidentally placed an order and forgot to change from standard Flash to priority mail Flash, and this morning they swear they can’t change the shipping carrier even though it hasn’t shipped! And the lipstick I ordered is now out of stock!

Yeah I know I could go in-store, but I only do that if I’m using my Rouge powers to get my makeup done professionally. The floor attendants are so pushy. Still...I just don’t like Ulta’s experience and Amazon doesn’t have the free stuff racket....
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Sephora is my happy place. Whenever I walk through those magical doors, I can’t help but feel elated. I have been a VIB Rouge for about three years now. In order to qualify, you have to spend $1,000 in a calendar year. I probably spend at least 5x as much. Some benefits of Rouge are free 2 day flash shipping, special gifts, first access to exclusive products and a greater discount during the bi-annual VIB Sale. I love that Sephora has such an extensive product selection and that the stores are organized in a way that makes it easy to shop. The employees are generally friendly and helpful. Also, you can get a free sample of virtually any product in the store.
Maggie H.
Cayce, SC
I prefer Sephora over Ulta. I find their staff is nicer and more helpful and experienced. Unfortunately Ulta is easier to get to from my apartment so I find myself there more however they rarely carry the products I am looking for. Sephora definitely has a better selection and better brands and a better variety. The only real con is that they do not carry drugstore brands like Ulta does but it's not a huge problem because you can pick up your drugstore items while at the grocery store ect. ALSO Sephora will give you a sample of ANYTHING you want to try, Ulta will not.
Trish A.
Roland, OK
I happened to win a $50 gift card in the recent friend flurry contest. (Thanks so much, Influenster!) My daughter took the gift card to our local shop to put towards some makeup and she was completely ignored by the workers who did not appear to be busy. She was embarrassed and flustered trying to pick out product without their guidance. It was the worst experience for her and I'm embarrassed that she was treated so poorly. You've lost an entire family of customers because of some counter girls who couldn't be bothered to do their job.
Ke'sa D.
Detroit, MI
I absolutely LOVE Sephora! It’s on the higher end when it comes to the prices of the products that they carry but I associate that with the best of the best! Now in store in a blast but the website/app is awesome as well. With any product you get 3 free samples. Then you can get bonus trial sized products with orders over a certain amount usually the lowest is $25. I’ve been a insider for just a short period of time but have already racked up about 150 points. You can also redeem these points for various items so ALL IN ALL SEPHORA IS A WIN!
Joniqua W.
Dover
What store do you like to shop at most sephora.com or Ulta?
gab g.
saint-hubert
sephora or drugstore sephora.com
Ashley S.
kentucky
Anyone know of any good Sephora or Ulta secrets/exclusives? Like Sephora has a free gift on your birthday but is there any other things like that? sephora.com
Jade M.
Sephora vs ulta? I’m not sure what kind of girl i am. Sephora is more put together workers are better experienced, but there are mostly expensive products so not a great place to experiment. Ulta on the other hand has so much more! But it can be confusing with so many choices and products can be really crappy(waste of money.) Are you an ulta or Sephora Queen? sephora.com