BY SEPHORA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Ultra or Sephora ? Witch do you find more better?🤔 I lov...17 Answers
  • My birthday gift from #Sephora woohoo!!!!! And some free...1 Answers
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
A girl can never have enough lipsticks right? Thanks to Sephora, I have way more make up I can ever use up in my life, but I LOVE IT!

Sephora offers a variety of brands of make up at a one stop shop, making it convenient for people to gather all their must-haves at one location.

Their rewards program is OK. People complain about their point system ($1 for 1 point), but personally, it's not as bad as it sounds. For example, there are times during the year when you can get 2x or 3x the amount of points on purchases. Also, if you have the Play! Box, every month, you get a free 50 points added to your account if you make a purchase in store.

Their other perks are great in my opinion. Their hand-picked gifts are my favorite. Once in a while, you will receive an email stating you can get 1 small deluxe sample with a $25 purchase or 3 deluxe gift samples with a $35 purchase (VIB and VIBR only). In the past, the $25 deluxe samples have included NARS Orgasm, GlamGlow moisturizers, Benefit brow products, and so many more. My favorite $35 deluxe sample gift was a Fresh trio.

In the Spring, Beauty Insiders get 10% off ALL purchases. VIB and VIBR get 15%. In the Winter (around November), they have their annual sale: 15% for Beauty Insiders and 20% off for VIB and VIBR. But wait for it... shortly after their Winter Sale, Sephora sends out a "gift card" to everyone registered in their system. Beauty Insiders get $15 off a purchase of $50+, VIB gets $20, and VIBR gets $25. I limited my VIBR purchase to $50 and got basically a 50% off discount, which is unheard of!

Lastly, VIBR gets free Flash 2-day shipping and free custom makeovers at Sephora stores. They also get a welcome gift - this past year (2016), it was a NARS deluxe blush. VIB gets a one-time-use 15% off code + 1 free make over. Everyone gets free birthday gifts (past years have included NARS lip duo, Benefit duo, Fresh duo, and Marc Jacobs duo). This year, you can choose from a skincare Caudalie set or a Tarte blush/lippie set!

Overall, my experience with Sephora has been great. Not too many negatives and many positives.

Thank goodness for Sephora for fulfilling my make up obsessions!
Anjhie M.
Miami, Florida
About 15 days ago I stayed with my friend Iris to go around and gossip makeup brands, novelties, try products, ... a thorough review of the entire perfumery and cosmetics plant. Come on, something we like to do to many! = D
As also agreed that in those days Sephora had a discount of 20%, because we wanted to take advantage. At this moment comes my little protest ... Many of you have received the letter or the email with that discount, right? You think you have a 20% in all Sephora ... until you go to pay and they say no, that is only in Sephora brand and in high cosmetic brands, but not in exclusive brands.
Let's face it, let's face it. I go to Sephora mainly to buy Too Faced, Make Up For Ever, Marc Jacobs ... which result are their exclusive brands. I buy some products of brand Sephora, yes, but the great majority is of those brands ... I do not know, like that you have a face of "they are deceiving me" ...
Okay, then you look at the advertisement and in a small asterisk says that the exclusive brands are exempt from the discount ... Still, I think it's a great discount, you want me to tell you ...
In short, after my moment of protest, I show you the things I bought, which evidently are brand Sephora = D
I wanted to taste the make-up oil of the brand. I had already used the biphasic eye make-up remover and I really like it, so I wanted to try the oil. And since I had finished the MAC ... I took it.
It surprised me for good. It is a dense oil, more than MAC for example, which cleans very well.
Very soft and practically odorless, leaves the skin clean of makeup and does not irritate. Even if you put something in your eyes, there is no cloud.
Massage well all over the face and rinse with water. Just when I clear it, I notice a soft feeling on the skin as if there were still traces of oil, but once I dry myself with the towel, the face is perfect.
I then use my cleansing soap and clean skin!
Another thing I wanted was a lip that Iris had taught me and that I had loved. This is the Outrageous Rouge in tone # 5.
It is a beautiful color, it lasts life, it is easily applied, it is creamy, ... I really like it!
I bought Lip Stain a long time ago also from Sephora for the fame that they have of good duration. Well the Outrougeous lasts me longer!
I had never tasted the Sephora blends, and I liked this tone a lot. It's No. 20 Orange Neon.
Paint quite well, it has to be applied little by little. In addition, the skin is very juicy, hydrated.
It diffuses easily and has a very high duration. Your price, € 10.20
The clerk showed us a product that had been launched very recently and was becoming a success. This is the Ultimate Oil-in-Gel Lipstick Remover.
It is a makeup oil with gel texture specially designed for the lips. Do not you think there are some lips that are impossible to remove? Well with this product does not resist even one!
Just put a small amount on the lips and it is distributed well. Remove with a cotton disc and go!
Your price, 6.90 €
We now turn to this preciousness ....
It's the Shourouk for Sephora blush. Belongs to a collection created in collaboration with the designer of jewels and accessories Shourouk Rhaiem.
Yes, I admit, it was a craving! We liked both so much that we bought it. It can be used as a rouge and even as an illuminator. I like it more like rouge, since it has a more raised choral tone than as an illuminator does not convince me so much.
So as a rouge ... looks great! And that perlitas-cubitos format I like a lot. Your Price: € 14.90
Already to take advantage of the discount and as I needed a double pencil sharpener, I caught this one. Your price, 3.60 €
And here my purchases!
Madison R.
Madisonville, LA
A little slice of heaven on Earth. Prices are a little high but you can often find a great deal and the quality is always top notch. The service you get there ranges from store to store, either the employees don't give to crumbs about you or are really involved and excited to help you. I go to the same makeup artist in my Sephora back home to do my makeup for all of my big events and parties.
Erin B.
Baltimore
Omg I love Sephora so much! It's like my wonderland! They have very high end bueaty product you could ever want! The customer service is top notch,they really want to make sure you're happy and feel bueatiful
Lilli R.
Stamford, CT
Oh Sephora...I love you! If you were a person I would take you out on the town and buy you lots of fancy cocktails with names such as "Fuzzy Navel", "Black Velvet" and "Hanky-Panky".

But since you're not I'll have to settle with basking in the radiance that is you whenever I visit one of your shops.

Pros of Sephora:

1. Samples. I love samples. I love to sample skincare, I love to receive samples with purchase, and I love to sample new items that I otherwise might overlook or underappreciate. Sephora always comes through with the samples, oftentimes offering a sample bag with purchase or three samples with an online order.

2. Sephora PLAY! I love the subscription service. Of all of the services I have used (Birchbox, Ipsy, Glossybox, and Allure) I would definitely say that I like this one the most. I appreciate the deluxe sized samples and I appreciate that they at least TRY to match them to skin-tone, etc. Too often from Birchbox I have received items that are far, far too dark or dingy for me to use and it leaves me feeling like I'm wasting my money.

3. Points system: I like the points and I like that the points can be redeemed for deluxe sized samples of new and great items. I often cash mine in around the 100 point mark, simply because there is rarely something at a higher point tier that I want (I'm all about skincare options and the Sephora 100 point options tend to be pretty great).

4. Staff. I find that the staff in the two locations I frequent most often are flexible, friendly, and really informative. They are happy to color-match, discuss skincare items, make samples of items I want to try out, and just overall they do a great job of making me feel welcome and appreciated.

Cons of Sephora:

Well...nothing, really. They carry high end brands, up-and-coming products, new trends, and really do a great job of being on the cutting edge of beauty, skincare, and fragrance. I super appreciate that about them.

I suppose one negative could be if you're looking for more niche-market/indie items you're not going to find those in Sephora. Those types of items are something that I, in my own personal experience, have found that you need to shop online for.

Overall I really love Sephora and I'm always happy whenever I take a trip. Whether it's for a consultation or just to spend some money, it always make me feel great!
Roxanne R.
wilmington
My life changed when I found out I can purchase a year of free two day shipping on the Sephora app. Not only does it get to me in two days but i can pick 3 free samples per transaction and if I spend more than 25 dollars I get a promotional gift as well. Only thing I wish is that for small products like a lip liner maybe they can send it to us in a small bag instead of big wasteful box.
Lexi W.
This is my absolute favorite beauty/cosmetics store to shop at!!! This always have the latest, greatest and newest in beauty and fragrances!!! Such an awesome and fun store to shop at!!! What makes it even better is the sales, deals and being a beauty insider, VIB and or Rouge member to get points for free beauty items and they offer classes in some stores!!!
Marisela G.
Columbus, GA
Sephora offers you a variety of makeup brands.There is also a rewards program that I highly recommend you get, You will earn points for each dollar you spend, in which eventually you will earn even points and trade it off to any of the samples they offer. They also provided free birthday gifys in who h I will be pickomg up this month. I love going there and I'm sure you will too.
Kelly S.
Dayton, OH
Sephora is my happy place. There is always something new to try and play around with. I love that you can try samples of tons of different makeup. I shop here a LOT (my wallet doesn't like it), but I love trying different products. I always find something new! Some items can be pricey, but if you are smart about how you shop you can find lot of great items for very reasonable prices!
Meg B.
I love Sephora! They are always very clean and their employees are willing to help you as much as they can. They usually have the products you are looking for 9 out of 10 times. I enjoy shopping here, but the only downside is their reward program. I wish they would offer more deals, or a better incentive for points like being able to redeem them for cash back or $ off.
Annette V.
Beaumont, CA
Sephora or Ulta? Why?
Influenster M.
Is this your favorite store? If so, why?
Savanna M.
Independence, MO
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
What's your favorite item from Sephora?
Diana V.
Doral, FL
Do you prefer Sephora or Ulta to purchase makeup?