BY SEPHORA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Ultra or Sephora ? Witch do you find more better?ūü§Ē I lov...17 Answers
  • My birthday gift from #Sephora woohoo!!!!! And some free...1 Answers
Jessica C.
Vancouver, BC
Sephora is one of my go to stores for beauty products but it each store varies a lot. I have 2 locations that I absolutely adore because of the great customer service and product layout. Other locations have been terrible experiences and left me disappointed before. So it really depends on your luck. Otherwise, window shopping to check out testers and find products you like is always fun. The online shop is fab though and my first choice.
Gabrielly M.
A paleta é bem pequenininha mesmo, mas pra mim serve porque não uso muitas sombras. Acho que os delineadores em gel poderiam facilmente ser substituídos por mais sombras, assim como os glosses poderiam ser substituídos por mais blushes (ou dar espaço pra que os blushes tivessem um tamanho razoável pra passar com o pincel, pois são bem pequenos mesmo). A fixação é média, acho que com um primer seria bem melhor. Mas vale o preço que eu paguei.
Hannah S.
it's my second favorite (under ulta) i hate that it doesn't have drugstore brands but that is what makes ulta so special. i feel like sephora employees hover a lot but maybe it's because people steal so often so i guess that isn't their fault. overall please with my experiences and the brands they have that ulta does not.
paula l.
madrid
This place is a piece of heaven on earth for me (right after puppies) and I couldn't imagine a better way to spend an afternoon at the mall than here and just get lost in all the new product that is constantly coming in during the week and through the month(s).
Like any place there are pros and cons to their store and I have listed them below:
Pros:
They have in stock almost all major cosmetic & parfumé brands, plus beauty tools, bath & hair products, etc. For most, it can easily meet a 'one stop shop' preference. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they carry the higher end makeup (Dior, Marc Jacobs, etc) because those are just as much my go-to brands as my high end brands (NARS, Benefit, Tarte, etc.)
You're able to try before you buy as Sephora has samples available for everything (as far as I know). If you have second thoughts about one shade, remove it & try another. Their return policy is flexible and understanding, I love it!
They have knowledgeable sales people. Generally speaking, Sephora's sales people are supremely knowledgeable in a variety of products & brands. If the one you're interacting with hasn't tried something, there's a good chance a colleague has & she'll have them give you thorough info about the product or brand of your choice.

Cons:
Depending on the day &/or location, circumstances, Sephora will be complete and utmost chaos. On one hand, it's no surprise because they have everything, thus, why wouldn't there be a crowd of makeup hungry girls
On the other, when Sephora is busy, it's insanely busy. Usually during weekends in a free-standing store, holiday hours, VIB & VIB Rouge sales or big beauty events. Absolutely chaotic, let me tell ya.
Then there's the pushy sales people. While many are helpful, Sephora (actually, most makeup stores/counters?) has some extremely pushy sales people. If I'm there, I'm planning to buy, however, when the store is practically running a slow day there will be constant sales floor staff who will ask if help is needed every 5 minutes or want to suggest a product I do not necessarily have an interest for.
I am a VIB Rouge member for 2 years now, I can not believe that there are team members of Sephora who do not know much about applying makeup or know any skills for different eyeshadow looks. I am exclusive to getting free custom makeovers and I was interested to see someone else do a cut crease on me. She was so confident until I told her that is what I wanted on my eyelids. She frowned and said to me all she knew how to do is a simple smoky eye. I was very disappointed, luckily I was allowed to apply myself and went about my day.

Neither Pro/Con:
No 'unknown' or small name brands. It would be nice if they took time to get variety of smaller makeup brands since there are brands that have the effort and great products without any of the recognition.
1liked this
JJ G.
JJ G.
Park City, UT
Dec. 19, 2016, 10:53 p.m.
Sephora is that store you love to hate. Love because they have virtually everything my beauty-obsessed heart desires; hate because I always spend more than I intend!

In all seriousness, let's take a look at the great, and occasionally, not-so-great things about Sephora.
Tracy D.
Sephora is my go to for all my online beauty shopping needs. The website and app are easy to navigate, the reviews are handy on all products so you can make an informed decision. I love the free samples with every purchase and you can build up points towards rewards. Shipping is always quick and painless and free on purchases over $50.
Daiane S.
Rescentemente comprei um perfume na Sephora que √© √≥tmo, al√©m do bom atendimento da loja, vendo √≥timos produtos 100% confiaveis. E a loja online √© extremamente segura, o √ļltimo perfume que comprei foi esse aqui SALVADOR DALI
Tasha J.
Saskatoon, SK
I love shopping online at Sephora, but in store is a different story. I'm always bombarded with tons of workers continuously asking if I need help -- I'm pretty knowledgable with makeup so no, I don't need help. I'm polite and say no thanks , but they still creep up all the time. Besides that it's a fine place to shop.
Kate H.
Melbourne
sephora is such a great store as it has everything in one place and the staff are very helpful and have alot of knowledge on the products. the quality of all the makeup is fabulous. they could extened their range to make it a bit larger and cater for some more brands however its such a great store to shop for makeup
Brittney B.
Maple, ON
I am a VIB Rouge member - if this does not tell you how much I love Sephora, I do not know what will. I love that you do not have to feel pressured to buy something and all staff are so friendly and willing to help you find whatever you are looking for and also willing to give you suggestions. Sephora also has most of all the beauty brands you need and their stock is always full. I truly love Sephora and being in Canada, it's a staple.
Caiu no gosto de todas aquelas pessoas que procuram o melhor, num lugar seguro, ou seja, tudo que procuro de novidade na √°rea cosm√©tica, eu acesso a Sephora, sem d√ļvida.
Annette V.
Beaumont, CA
Sephora or Ulta? Why?
Influenster M.
Is this your favorite store? If so, why?
Savanna M.
Independence, MO
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
What's your favorite item from Sephora?
Diana V.
Doral, FL
Do you prefer Sephora or Ulta to purchase makeup?