BY SEPHORA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Ultra or Sephora ? Witch do you find more better?🤔 I lov...17 Answers
  • My birthday gift from #Sephora woohoo!!!!! And some free...1 Answers
Jill S.
Mount Vernon, IL
I really love Sephora. Both their website and their stores inside JC Penney. The only thing that I have found disappointing is that if someone buys you a gift card from a Sephora inside a JCPenney store you cannot use it on Sephora's website and unfortunately there are always some particular items that are on sale on the website only. Other than that I have always loved shopping at Sephora inside JCPenney's. I've never had any issues with a sales associate other than them being more than helpful. I've also ordered online a couple of times and was very pleased with that transaction too.
Claudia I.
First and foremost what makes Sephora standout amongst other cosmetic retailers is the accessibility to a broad range of different cosmetic lines. What you can't find somewhere else you can typically find it at Sephora or online on Sephora. My only issue with Sephora is their inconsistent customer service. Every Sephora is different when it comes to how you are approached as a customer. There doesn't seem to be a culture/structure company wide. I still continue to shop at Sephora for the convenience I just make sure I know exactly what I want when I do shop with them.
Cheyanne T.
I love Sephora! It's one of my favorite stores. I spend way too much money in there, but it is worth it. A lot of items are on the pricier side, but you get what you pay for and honestly almost everything I've bought from there was worth it. Sephora also allows you to try samples of products, such as foundation, so you can try it before you buy it. They also allow returns. I like their reward system as well. If you become a beauty insider, you get points for every dollar you spend, which you can later cash in for rewards. I would highly recommend buying products from here.
Saza B.
Above all else, this dry shampoo is quality! Every single time I use it, my hair feels good and smells even better. I leave the house feeling like a fresh, delicious superstar with incredible hair and it is all because of this dry shampoo! We've all had days where we don't want to wash our hair because our scalp gets dry, we don't have time, or maybe we simply don't like washing our hair every day -- dry shampoo is essential. This does leave a white case initially, which scares so many people -- spray it in your hair at the root ALL OVER, let it sit for about five minutes then go in with your hair brush or a comb to distribute the product throughout -- immediately you will notice the white cast disappear along with the oil, odor and anything else you wanted to get rid of. Instant volume and a delicious scent. In love.
OSullivan E.
miami, FL
Yo voy a Sephora principalmente a comprar Too Faced, Make Up For Ever, Marc Jacobs... que resulta son sus marcas exclusivas. Compro algunos productos de marca Sephora, sí, pero la gran mayoría es de esas marcas... No se, como que se te queda una cara de "me están engañando"...

Vale, luego miras la publicidad y en un asterisco chiquitito pone que las marcas exclusivas están exentas del descuento... Aún así, me parece un descuento timo, que queréis que os diga...

En fin, después de mi momento protesta, os enseño las cositas que compré, que evidentemente, son de marca Sephora =D

Quería probar el aceite desmaquillante de la marca. Ya había utilizado el desmaquillante de ojos bifásico y me gusta mucho, así que tenía ganas de probar el aceite. Y como se me había acabado el de MAC... pues lo cogí.
Viktoria P.
i love sephora, and i've been a VIB for two years in a row. i wish their points system was a little better; they've gotten more on top of offering awesome rewards, but they sell out way too quickly. a lot of the 500 point rewards are also really lackluster, especially since they're supposed to symbolize $500 spent. i like that they give samples of pretty much anything in the store (ulta does not) and their customer service in-store is pretty nice. i wouldn't get a makeover done there because the SAs aren't usually trained in makeup application, but i trust them for general recommendations.
Paulith R.
If you like high-end makeup, this is the place for you. I love that they allow you to swatch and test out EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT in the store! That is nothing I have ever seen before Sephora and I really appreciate it because that stuff is expensive. They take returns on everything as long as it's within a certain time period and after that time period they offer in store credit. They are very lenient on their returns as well, so don't worry if you've already used a product and then decided to return it, they'll take it in gently used undamaged condition! Their personal Sephora brand is sort of the cheaper brand compared to the other brands they sell, but their quality is right up there and I appreciate having a cheaper alternative to some of the more expensive items.

The stores tend to remind me of Apple. Freakishly busy/crowded. But the aisles are really skinny so it's impossible to walk by others and their large purses that turn them into like two people..ugh. The samples out for you to try are also super gross..because people are gross and just can't keep anything nice. It's nice if they have what you want to try so you can see the texture, feel, if it matches your skintone, etc. though.
Casey F.
Brooklyn, NY
I used to be a die hard Ulta addict until I moved to NYC and forced to choose Sephora for the sake of convenience. Now it's my first pick every time. Their Beauty Insider program is one of my favorite rewards programs I've ever been a part of, not only do you get free shipping, complimentary makeovers and beauty consulting, but the reward products are top notch! If you save them you can even cash your points in for VIP experiences! Every time I go in, I find a new favorite product - it's dangerous!! Also, Beware of those stands of mini products while you wait for the register, they get me every time!!!
Victoria K.
Folsom, CA
Omg. My go to for everything beauty related!!! I have been VIB rouge for several years now and rely on their 2 day flash shipping all the time since I work nights and don't always have the chance to get to a store. Their customer service is the best and if I find a product doesn't work for me, no problem, I can exchange it for something else. Used my VIB rouge to get a free makeover for my birthday and loved pampering myself. And recently just joined the Sephora Play party. Love getting little goodies once a month for just $10. Sephora you are my hero, I love you! 💋💄❤️
Erica A.
Tempe, AZ
I love Sephora. Any Sephora I've been to are clean, well organized and nice bright lighting. Every section of the store is neatly organized by brand and product, which makes easy shopping and to find what your looking for. Always love looking around here, especially since there are many brands exclusive to Sephora. High end makeup, skin care and perfume. The employees are always so knowledgeable and helpful. Last trip was at Scottsdale Fashion Square Sephora and I wish I could remember the girls name but she was so sweet and genuine!
Annette V.
Beaumont, CA
Sephora or Ulta? Why?
Influenster M.
Is this your favorite store? If so, why?
Savanna M.
Independence, MO
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
What's your favorite item from Sephora?
Diana V.
Doral, FL
Do you prefer Sephora or Ulta to purchase makeup?