BY SEPHORA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Ultra or Sephora ? Witch do you find more better?🤔 I lov...17 Answers
  • My birthday gift from #Sephora woohoo!!!!! And some free...1 Answers
Corrie W.
Spartanburg, SC
I love that this makeup and beauty store lets you sample products before you purchase them. You have to be careful because sometimes they don't correctly color match WOC.
Sergio D.
Sanger, CA
Sephora over all is an amazing store for all of your cosmetic needs. One of the many products I love that only is available there is the brand ✨GLAM💫GLOW✨ This particular skincare line has come a long way.

When I first discovered Glam Glow I wasn't able to afford it at the moment. I was youn and wasn't working many hours. But the moment I finally could I bought my first product which was the Youht Mask. From that moment on I knew it would be a love affair that would last forever.

Since then Glam Glow has come out with new products not only targeting skincare needs but also lip care. They've also come out with a Glow moisturizer that illuminates the skin with or without makeup. Following up with the launch of a night time treatment mask which I may say is amazing. Then right around holidays they also launched a matte glow moisturizer. I have yet to try that but I know I won't be disappointed. I've true most of their products. There is definitely something for all skincare needs.
Ashlee H.
Homestead, FL
I loooooove sephora because they are on top of all the beauty trends,gizmos and gadgets and they really really really do their best to educate you on the products you're interested in and other similar options. I will say I have noticed that some of the girl/guys have pushed some products on me that were totally off from what I was looking for and later found out it was a part of their rewards. Also sometimes if my basket is a little full they will push pricier brands on me which I do not like at all. I but very expensive translucent powder from givenchey and anytime I'm near it they push those higher end brands on me. But aside from that I love that you can sample anything you dream of in the store and you can take samples home before you buy. Their return policy is wonderful also I've had some serious issues with foundations before and they've taken it back nonproblem.
Amelia P.
Blowing Rock, NC
Sephora is great website! They don't have the variety of products that Ulta does, because ulta carries high end and lower end products and many hair and beauty tools. Sephora tailors more to the high end product market and they carry some great ones at that. My favorite purchase from them was the Urban Decay UD|Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette Limited Edition! Sephora had it on sale for $25 and I couldn't have been more excited to purchase it! Sephora also had the great option of paying $10 for free 2 day shipping for an entire year and that was a well used promotional deal! They also have great sales and their stores are well stocked!
Mandy W.
Sephora carries a lot of makeup and skincare that I use, which I really like since I can get everything I need in one store. Furthermore, they are generous with their samples, which I appreciated since I get to take home a sample before I buy it in store to make sure that my skin doesn't react negatively with it or that the shade fits my skin. But the best thing about Sephora are the cast members. I know some stores have awful cast, but the one near my area have some of the nicest cast members I have ever met. One time, I found out that my mlbb lipstick shade for MUPE have been discontinued, and one cast member went around with me to introduce me to other shades similar to the discontinued one. Because of that, she showed me so many other options that I wouldn't have gone for
Sashai G.
Sephora is amazing. They concentrate on selling higher end makeup brands, but their beauty insider program makes it worth it. I get a free product during my birthday month, and then I can use my points to redeem select products throughout the year. I also like that they have a team available to provide makeup services for their customers. The only con is that I have had a few experiences being profiled, and it wasn't until I pulled out my VIB rouge card that the team backed off. I don't think this is a reflection of the entire company, but the team at the store I am referring to could definitely use some training on cultural competence and interacting with customers that may not appear "typical". After my experience at that store, I just shopped at a different location and received exemplary customer service. Sephora is my go-to store for beauty products, because they have all of the brands I use (as opposed to ULTA).
Michelle J.
Bolingbrook, IL
This place is a piece of heaven on earth for me (right after puppies) and I couldn't imagine a better way to spend an afternoon at the mall than here and just get lost in all the new product that is constantly coming in during the week and through the month(s).
Like any place there are pros and cons to their store and I have listed them below:
Pros:
They have in stock almost all major cosmetic & parfumé brands, plus beauty tools, bath & hair products, etc. For most, it can easily meet a 'one stop shop' preference. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they carry the higher end makeup (Dior, Marc Jacobs, etc) because those are just as much my go-to brands as my high end brands (NARS, Benefit, Tarte, etc.)
You're able to try before you buy as Sephora has samples available for everything (as far as I know). If you have second thoughts about one shade, remove it & try another. Their return policy is flexible and understanding, I love it!
They have knowledgeable sales people. Generally speaking, Sephora's sales people are supremely knowledgeable in a variety of products & brands. If the one you're interacting with hasn't tried something, there's a good chance a colleague has & she'll have them give you thorough info about the product or brand of your choice.

Cons:
Depending on the day &/or location, circumstances, Sephora will be complete and utmost chaos. On one hand, it's no surprise because they have everything, thus, why wouldn't there be a crowd of makeup hungry girls
On the other, when Sephora is busy, it's insanely busy. Usually during weekends in a free-standing store, holiday hours, VIB & VIB Rouge sales or big beauty events. Absolutely chaotic, let me tell ya.
Then there's the pushy sales people. While many are helpful, Sephora (actually, most makeup stores/counters?) has some extremely pushy sales people. If I'm there, I'm planning to buy, however, when the store is practically running a slow day there will be constant sales floor staff who will ask if help is needed every 5 minutes or want to suggest a product I do not necessarily have an interest for.
I am a VIB Rouge member for 2 years now, I can not believe that there are team members of Sephora who do not know much about applying makeup or know any skills for different eyeshadow looks. I am exclusive to getting free custom makeovers and I was interested to see someone else do a cut crease on me. She was so confident until I told her that is what I wanted on my eyelids. She frowned and said to me all she knew how to do is a simple smoky eye. I was very disappointed, luckily I was allowed to apply myself and went about my day.

Neither Pro/Con:
No 'unknown' or small name brands. It would be nice if they took time to get variety of smaller makeup brands since there are brands that have the effort and great products without any of the recognition.
Alejandro S.
Sephora Collection Beautiful Crush Blockbuster Palette 2015
This was one of their least impressive holiday palettes for me. Ended up returning it to Sephora. This is basically a great kit for a teenager or someone new to makeup that's doing lots of experimenting. It is much larger in person than I thought it would be, but that being said, also didn't make it very portable. So not good if you'll need touchups on the go. The lip colors seem like you'd only get a few uses out of each, esp the more glossy ones, but I figured this might be a good way to try on a bunch of their lip shades to then purchase full sized ones, NOPE. not only do they not tell you the names of the colors, but they also included colors not able to be found in any of their lip lines of products. So that was a bummer.
Jenna C.
Half moon bay, CA
Sephora is my number one go to place to get all my beauty, skincare and hair care products. You can even get other handy accessories. I love Sephora because everyone is so helpful and genuinely loves products as much as you do and genuinely likes to help you find the best products for you. It's also a huge bonus that they have a rewards program so you get amazing rewards just for buying the beauty products you need! And you also get choices to try samples of other products you are interested in before you buy them. I'm obsesssed with beauty so I am a regular Sephora customer and Sephora is my number one go to store to buy my beauty products.
Stephany K.
austin, TX
Ok I have to split this review in two parts:
1. Online store is great! I love the free samples that come with my purchases, the packages come on time, and they have constantly new products, original supplies. My trouble comes from the holiday gifts samples. They advertise it with a determinate purchase and then they run out of supply of holiday sample gifts, yet they don't take down their advertising. What happens next? You considering purchasing a certain amount to reach the holiday sample and then you receive a message saying they run out of it, but your order was still shipped without it. That's to me not okay! you are falsly advertising something. simply take down the holiday samples advertising once you know you run out, don't deceive.

2. physical stores: gets crazy crowded, I enjoy that I can test products, and the assortment of brands and mini kits of different cool, trendy brands and products. Yet, it's sooo crowded all the time, that it is a pain to go there.
Annette V.
Beaumont, CA
Sephora or Ulta? Why?
Influenster M.
Is this your favorite store? If so, why?
Savanna M.
Independence, MO
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
What's your favorite item from Sephora?
Diana V.
Doral, FL
Do you prefer Sephora or Ulta to purchase makeup?