BY SEPHORA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Sephora or iPSY ? 💕💄3 Answers
  • Ultra or Sephora ? Witch do you find more better?🤔 I lov...17 Answers
  • My birthday gift from #Sephora woohoo!!!!! And some free...1 Answers
Vanissa O.
Absolutely love Sephora I always have a great experience in store or online they always make it so easy to try different samples and new highend products I always spend all my money at Sephora ❤️
Hollyn C.
I love Sephora and all the products they carry! Sephora is great and has some many Sephora exclusive brands which is awesome! Although I will say I'm out of town right now and I went to the Sephora in the JC Penny inside the Dulles mall in VA and the service wasn't that great. I went to get a nice neutral cool tones eyeshadow pallet and wanted help on which one to get but there were only three people working. Two of which were checking out and then the other was giving a girl a full makeover. I understand that they're there to do that I just wish they still had at least one person helping and interacting with customers. After waiting for about 30 minutes I saw the makeover lady and asked if she could help me with something and she said she's busy but will be done soon. Okay whatever and about 15 minutes later and she's still not done. Then I also noticed one of the check out lady's has just gone. This was my most annoying visit I've ever made to Sephora. No one was available to help
Kayla S.
El Paso, TX
Sephora is my go-to cosmetic and beauty store. The products available are anything from high end make up to skin care and top quality fragrances. There are different "worlds" at Sephora. Each world varies by product availability. For example there is a hair world as well as a cosmetic world, fragrance world, skin care world etc. There is a station with a computer generated program touch screen that allows a guest to color match their favorite make up brands. There are brow experts and make up experts on hand. Sephora allows its guests to enroll in their rewards programs. Once you reach a certain amount of points you are upgraded to a high point club. Anybody in the high point club is invited to special Sephora events. Usually these events include product launches, as well as holiday collection parties etc. I would rate Sephora five stars because of the attention to detail, great prices, clean stores, organization, friendly staff, creativity, and for educating its clients.
Andrea O.
Sugarloaf, CA
Sephora is absolutely my favorite place to shop for make-up for several reasons. Firstly, I love many of the brands that they carry - Sephora alone carries Kat Von D which is my favorite makeup brand along with items/brands like Beauty Blender which I love and can only be purchased here. Aside from their exclusives, if you're under tight spending restraints like myself, Sephora is the way to go. You can try on all of the products in the store for as long as you want to, trying on as many as you want to. You can also ask for samples of items you're curious about trying out at home while doing your actual makeup and they will send you home with a small sample of said items since they realize you can't tell all you need to just from swatching a product on your arm. If after all of this you purchase a product you're not satisfied with -- they have an insanely great return policy in-store and allow you to return items that are (up to 40%!!) used already if you decide you don't actually like the item. I don't know about you, but that's my kinda store. There's so many expensive makeup products I've bought in the past that weren't everything I'd hope they'd be and I never ended up using them; it is so relieving to know I can shop at Sephora and return items like this so I'm not wasting my money. It makes the whole makeup shopping process much less stressful and and relieving if you're unsatisfied with your purchase. Lastly, I honestly just enjoy Sephora better than the other available options... mostly for the reasons above but also because I like the layout of the stores better and find the employees are more helpful there.
Morgan B.
Carver, MA
I have shopped at Sephora for a little over 2 years and love that Sephora seems to stay 1 step ahead of the game. The store is evolving with the trends and big brands that are getting hot in the industry and keeping products up to date. One of the best features that I love about Sephora is they are always willing to give samples of products to customers for no charge. For products like foundation and skincare, just trying it in the store doesn't really show how it will react on your face. I have asked of samples of several products like the Cicipair treatment from Dr Jardt, the NARS Tinted Moisturizer and the Tarte Drink of H20 moisturizer. All these products I ended up purchasing because I loved the sample. The sample size for products I'm given is generally about a week's worth of product (if used every day) and this helps me get an idea if the product will work with me and my skin or not. Additionally, I love that Sephora has their own rewards program as well as their annual sale they have. There isn't many sales in the store which is a bummer, but they give you opportunities to shop during sales throughout the year. I will continue to shop both online and in-store at Sephora for my favorite makeup and skincare products.
Madeleine O.
Boston, MA
Sephora will always come out on top in terms of my favorite makeup destination. The salespeople are very well trained and really know how to help every face. They have all the top brands (expect for one three letter word) and I love testing products at the store! The testing is taken up a notch by the gadgets like the skin ID that takes a picture of the your skin and translates it into a color that they then match up to your favorite concealer or foundation- and if you don't have a favorite yet- the salespeople will help you find one based on your skin type, coverage needs, and one in your price zone. Sephora also has an incredible returns policy, you have 90 days to return the product which is perfect for skin or haircare which takes time to really work. Not to mention the site is easy to navigate and the tutorials and beauty boards are perfect for inspiration! Free makeovers and VIB perks are amazing- we may not get coupons like Ulta but the Sephora experience is worth it.
Nicole F.
I love Sephora! I make purchases both via the website, and also through in-store, and have always had a great experience. I love the free samples and various offers Sephora provides for online orders. There are only two downfalls to Sephora, in my opinion. 1- their rewards program only allows you to redeem your points for certain packaged offers that change often. I much prefer to use my points on the products I actually want. I prefer Ulta's rewards program over Sephora's as I can redeem my points towards future purchases of my choosing with Ulta. The second downfall to Sephora is the shipping. You don't get free shipping unless you spend $50 or more. I believe it is only $25 minimum to get free shipping with Ulta. In my opinion, both companies should offer free shipping to their VIB or Platinum Rewards customers. After spending that much money at a business within one year, free-shipping is the least they could offer!
Harley W.
I love love love Sephora. The staff is always so helpful & ready to give me advice & answer my questions. They also respect when you want to be left alone to shop, which is hard to find in beauty places. There is always such a great selection & it's always expanding.

The greatest thing, in my opinion, is that you can get free samples of products. For example, I really wanted to try a GlamGlow face mask. I was nowhere near ready to spend $70 to try it out. A really nice employee offered to make me a sample and it was enough to give me 1-3 masks depending on how much I used of it.

Another one of my favorite things about Sephora is that if you order online you can almost always find a promocode & get a freebie sample if your order is over $25 (in addition to your 3 free samples with every order!). I usually wait to make an order until a promo code that involves a clutch or makeup bag is included so I can get more bang for my buck!
Lindsey F.
Cleves, OH
Sephora is certainly the Candyland of stores for the makeup addict. My favorite part is just the ability to really indulge all 5 senses before buying a product. I would recommend the back of your hand as opposed to actually product to your face [it doesn't matter how clean the store is -- it's very difficult to keep makeup sanitary in a busy store] but for the purpose of finding the perfect color, feel, formulation, scent, etc. -- you get the point. :) The staff is usually super friendly and honest, as the sales goals are made as a team and not by the individual [or at least they were when I worked there several years ago!]. Everyone takes regular classes on the new products coming in, so they should be able to help. Another wonderful mark of the store is that the buyer has up to 60 days to return an item. It should be noted that after 30 days, you can only exchange for an in-store credit, but this allows you to really try a skincare product for efficacy [which should be at least for 30 days] and determine if it's the right fit. I'm giving Sephora 5 stars because of the convenience, selection, and overall atmosphere. I realize that an experience can easily go south due to a negative encounter with an employee or a product, but since that's a subjective/case basis, I've left that out of my consideration.
Jessica G.
I love going to Sephora. Usually you get helped all the time very well trained staff to assist you with anything. They have tons of beauty stuff to pick from. I love their free bday gifts ;)
Annette V.
Beaumont, CA
Sephora or Ulta? Why?
Influenster M.
Is this your favorite store? If so, why?
Savanna M.
Independence, MO
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
What's your favorite item from Sephora?
Diana V.
Doral, FL
Do you prefer Sephora or Ulta to purchase makeup?