BY SEPHORA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Sephora or iPSY ? 💕💄3 Answers
  • Ultra or Sephora ? Witch do you find more better?🤔 I lov...17 Answers
  • My birthday gift from #Sephora woohoo!!!!! And some free...1 Answers
Sarah P.
I love that they carry a range of mid to high end makeup, perfume, hair care and skin care brands. You can test any of the products in store, or take a sample to go (trying foundation at home is great!). In terms of online shopping, I really like the Flash two-day shipping and their generous return policy.

However, if you plan on shopping around the holidays or even on the weekend, the store will be chaos and absolutely packed. Try to time your visits accordingly. The sales people, while friendly, are also very pushy and there's always a few who come up to me and ask if I need anything. While it's great that they are available, sometimes it's nice to just shop on your own. While it's nice that they offer a reward program, I find it to be lackluster, especially compared to Ulta. I can pick up samples of anything in the store - why would I want to save up and spend rewards on them?

Overall, Sephora is a great place to try out and buy makeup and other beauty products. I will continue to shop here, and highly recommend others do too, if they aren't alreaedy!
Alyssa A.
I literally just let this store take all of my money. They have everything you could ever possibly need in terms of beauty. The have a large range of all of the best high end and luxury makeup and skincare products available. They also have hair care, perfume, and tools/devices available too. The best thing though is probably their rewards membership, which lets you "buy" different monthly testers for points as well as get things like free makeovers and free shipping. You can get a gift during your birthday with a membership as well as discounts throughout the year. Sephora is also big on free samples and they can give you samples of literally anything in the store as well as have helpful associates who can get these for you as well as do things like color match you and put makeup on your skin. They also have a great website and app to search up products, how to apply them, and reviews. I shop here for all of my beauty needs and don't think my obsession with this store will be ending any time soon.
Peyton W.
Dallas, TX
I love shopping at Sephora it’s my go to place to shop. I have a vast amount of high end products and the people there know what there doing. The only downer is is that everything is pretty expensive.
Katherine P.
Richmond, VA
The store was smaller than I expected (especially compared to Ulta), but it was fairly easy to find what I was looking for. Their customer service was excellent; very soon after I walked in I was asked what I looking for, and the girl who was helping me, Chardonnay, grabbed all the brands of lip product I wanted to try, plus several that she recommended based on the attributes I wanted (long wearing, not drying). We sampled for probably 20 minutes with her being helpful and friendly the whole time. I was a little concerned about the hygiene involved in have lip product applied with the same brushes Chardonnay had used on other people, but she did spray them frequently with what I'm assuming was some sort of sanitizer. I ended up purchasing a lip crayon and a lip pencil, which I wasn't planning on but I loved the color. The crayon ended up being returned, so I'm not sure if having that much assistance was really helpful or I would have been better off trying it on my own.
Hope S.
Jacksonville, NC
Who doesn’t love this store yes make up is expensive but so work it there are plenty cheapish item to give to friends and family for the holidays and a great stocking stuffer I recommend going to this amazing store
amber f.
Beech Grove, IN
The store has everything you can need, but they only offer "higher end" products which can get expensive. I like that you can get a sample and try just about any product they have.

One downside is their stock is not the best. they only keep in stock a few things of each shade and seems to sell out quickly. I find myself choosing what foundation to buy based on what is available in my shade.

The rewards program is all right. THe rewards could be better. Spend 100 and get a small trial size item ....cool. There is the VIB sale but being a basic rewards member doesnt get you that much of a discount. If youre really into makeup and have the 500 or whatever it is to get the rouge status, the sale is nice.

I also have a sephora play membership and it is okay. Theres a decent mixture of skincare and makeup items in the box . They are all sample or trial size, so there never really an amazing deal youre getting. Its just paying 10 bucks for 4 samples plus a perfume sample.
Katie C.
Bell City, LA
Sephora has a very wide selection of high end products. I love going into the store and getting color matched for a product before I even think of purchasing it. I also love the fact they allow you to take home samples. It makes me feel better about an expensive purchase when I can try it out on my own before hand and then I don't have to live with the guilt of returning it after using it once (and knowing it will get destroyed). The staff (at my local store at least) is very knowledgeable and can always recommend products to fit my needs. I also am subscribed to Play! By Sephora and love it so much more then any other subscription box that I've ever used. The brands are always high end and are either cult favorites, or products I would never purchase myself but always end up falling in love with immediately. My main complaint with Sephora is that they do not have a very great rewards program (in comparison to Ulta) and do not offer coupons and discounts as often either.
Brooke S.
Atlanta, GA
I love Sephora, what girl doesn't??? I love getting my free gift every year on my birthday and the exclusivity of the cosmetic brands sold here! They keep me coming back again and again!
Heather W.
Fremont , CA
Sephora is hands down my favorite place to buy makeup. I don't have a Sephora near me so I am willing to drive 25-30 miles to get to one to make in store purchases. It's hard to review just 1 product that I bought from Sephora so I will just review the store itself.
Sephora has a wide range of products, from makeup to hair, to prestige brands as well as luxury brands. I like being able to go into the store and really check out a product before buying. The benefits of being a VIB or a VIB Rouse (which I recently achieved) are outstanding. I like to be able to get products for points. I will try the higher end products and the size you get is luxury. I like the Birthday products they give out, the last two years I've received amazing products. Year before last was 2 NARS lip sticks and this year was Fresh facial products. I have noticed when I place an on-line order I actually get my samples. With other beauty stores my samples or free gifts never make it into the box. Sephora is amazin
Megan U.
Bartlett, IL
Sephora is a beauty store that sells its own line of high-quality skin and makeup products, along with a huge variety of other brands. Both online and in-store, you'll find a ton of prestige products sold by distributers such as Becca, Kat Von D, Peter Thomas Roth, Perricone MD, Fresh, Belif, and Drunk Elephant, Just to name a few. They also sell perfume and haircare products from big-name brands, and they have their own free customer loyalty program (the "Beauty Insider") to reward customers for buying from their store.

In additon, Sephora.com sends out free samples with every online order. If you're buying in-store, you can still get free samples-- Just ask a store associate and they'll happy to provide them for you.

On top of all that, Sephora hosts in-store beauty tutorial classes for members of its loyalty program, and also offers customers hands-on assistance with applying makeup. The company also has a monthly beauty subscription box, called "Play! by Sephora," for $10 a month.
Annette V.
Beaumont, CA
Sephora or Ulta? Why?
Influenster M.
Is this your favorite store? If so, why?
Savanna M.
Independence, MO
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
What's your favorite item from Sephora?
Diana V.
Doral, FL
Do you prefer Sephora or Ulta to purchase makeup?