BY SEPHORA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Ultra or Sephora ? Witch do you find more better?🤔 I lov...17 Answers
  • My birthday gift from #Sephora woohoo!!!!! And some free...1 Answers
Molly T.
Boston
YES, I was one of the online customer during the huge annual event that Sephora hosts - 20% off every products. The thing that makes it worse is that, I have been a VIB rouge and VIB for 4 years, spent that $$$.

I chose to shop online this time as I did not want to squeeze in to a crowded store to get what I want.

I placed 2 orders on  November 16, promised FLASH 2 DAY SHIPPING. While 1 of the order arrived on time, it was the one I placed later during that day! The other one, promised to arrived on the November 19th, recalculating the whole days 19th & 20th, then they just took the ‘estimated delivery date’ ENTIRELY OFF the tracking, while the tracking has stopped at Indianapolis for 2 ENTIRE days without moving. It has been a full week! And I have no idea when I can receive the package, or can I receive it at all!

After 13 days of return, I still don't know if they received my return or not.  I had another order received earlier in the month, I decided to return for it was not what I wanted, 100% unopen & unused. So I decided to use the prepaid label 'hassel-free' and 'easiest' way to return it. WRONG WRONG guys, after it was picked up by my local agent of USPS, the tracking info IS GONE FOR GOOD. And the only other tracking# on the smart shipping label Sephora uniquely has, is not valid for me to track at all on the USPS website. In another word, you will be blindly waiting for your refund and notice after you delivered it to USPS shipping office. the Smart shipping label they have - provide no information on where it is shipping to, the shipping method (2 days/ ground), so you will have no idea at all on the status. Contacted the customer services, they said please allow 3 weeks to process, ehhhh, how about an update please? Like is the shipment lost or not or received?

Next time, I will definitely pass on the online shopping experience at Sephora, it is too much for my nerves when I cannot get a hold on when to expect what.
Suzette A.
Florida
I used to really love Sephora but I guess I've just been really turned off that their rewards program is not nearly as great as Ulta's.  For every $1 you spend you receive a point, but it translates to reward products that are sample size/deluxe size samples of products.  It's not that it's still not great but every time they come out with new point perks they are sold out within minutes.  Also, they recently changed their policy in my Sephora and you cannot redeem points unless you make a purchase.  The closest Sephora to me is a Sephora inside JCPenney; very tiny, limited brands, but excellent customer service, mostly from the managers at this location.  However, I've been to plenty of Sephoras in different states and cities and I've received some very poor customer service.  Associates that give me dirty looks, ignore me, don't ask me if I need assistance, and follow me around.  Bigger stores definitely have a better selection of high end brands and are just more comfortable to shop in because there is more area to look and not feel like there are people on top of you.  I can swatch and smell without feeling like there is someone hovering over me.  However, I have so much makeup I have somewhat backed off from Sephora; I can't justify spending $35+ dollars on a highlighter when I already have so many drugstore and high end ones at my house.  It's just easier and more fun to go to Ulta, spend $30 and get a highlighter and a bunch of other makeup as well.  Also, with the holidays approaching and the long lines, I would rather just shop online at Sephora, take my time reading and researching products, and place orders there.  I have made the switch to Cruelty free and it's very hard to find products at Sephora that are cruelty free and won't aggravate my skin.  I do stick to my favorites from here though- Caudalie Divine Oil, tarte Rainforest of the Sea eye masks, Viktor and Rolf Bon Bon, Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana, and the Kat Von D lip liner in shades Lolita and OG Lolita.  I love the selection of products Sephora carries, but their rewards program isn't so great and their customer service needs alot of improvement.  3 out of 5 for Sephora!
Emma G.
This beauty store is favorite of mine but not for the prices. Sephora is great about having the latest and trending tops beauty brands. Customer service is not that bad and they have to help you choose what is best for your skin type, whether it be foundation, fragrances, serums, and hair care. They are able to give you up to 3 free samples each visit to try out, if your not sure if the product would work for you. Sometimes, you have try the product in the comforts of your own home than in store to get a better feel for products. Also, some (NOT ALL) but some of their sales representatives are cosmologist and have a better understanding of products from behind the scenes.
I'm giving this store 3 stars ONLY because I spend my hard earned money in this expensive store and when you redeem your points you get small samples. Sephora is a billion dollar company and people whether male or female spend their money the samples can at least be deluxe size or travel size. That is  another perk of the store, is you earn points for every dolar you spend and then can be redeemed when some thing your interested in pops up. There is also, additional points during your birthday month and you get a free gift (once again small sample size) during your birthday for free. Sephora also, has an app that you create a profile for your self  and it saves your recent purchases and you can order without having to go into the store. The app keeps track of your favorite products and brands and helps you color match with other brands.
The other neat thing is they use a device to get your perfect skin match for foundations and even a device to read your skins hydration levels and helps you select items that are more hydrating or matte depending on your skin type. Every once in awhile there is sales or discounts but it is a first come first serve.
Chelle N.
La Crescenta, CA
When I visit a Sephora, in terms of customer service- it seems like I’m left feeling ehh, nothing special. Of course it depends on the specific location and sales associates but in general I’ve found this is the situation for me. As far as products, selection and return policy goes- Sephora is wonderful, no doubt about it. I would just like the customer service improved/changed. Usually, I get asked if I need help when I first arrive in the separate worlds (makeup, skincare, fragrance, etc). But after I’ve been there awhile and then have a question, I have to wait forever for an associate to become available. When they finally get to me, most of them are helpful but many seem to be too overwhelmed by the headset. Same at the checkout counter. I know they have to talk to each other and answer questions just like any other retailer that uses headsets but here, they seem so worried and preoccupied by it. I could be in the middle of a sentence and they just start talking into it and cut me off. I know they’re not paying attention when they ask me to repeat the question again and again. Being a Rouge, I spend quite a bit of my hard earned money at Sephora and I would purchase a lot more in the store as opposed to online, if I felt like I wasn’t being rushed or a bother that’s preventing them from getting to the next customer. That’s my main gripe but all in all, I love Sephora for everything else!
Angelimar L.
Jacksonville, NC
Love Sephora! Even though it is a higher end brand store but they do try to appeal to everyone’s budget whether it be with minis/travel size items and of course their own brand which tends to be cheaper than everything else. I definitely go to Sephora when I have the money and want to spoil myself lol also love that they have a subscription box.
Andi K.
Parker, CO
I’D GIVE 10 STARS IF I COULD!!!

I love Sephora! I use the app every day to read reviews and read about new products launched, and purchase from there often (I make sure to hit Rouge status every year). Incredible product selection with so many exclusive products, and an amazing return policy! I think the return policy is very important considering how expensive some of the products and prestigious brands are! I could spend hours in the store roaming around and swatching. I’m loyal to the company and shop for skincare and makeup here almost exclusively. Really only some of my haircare comes from elsewhere (a salon), only because Sephora doesn’t carry it.

My favorite days are any days that include a Sephora delivery to my door, like today (pictured), when I’m basically pressed up against the glass waiting for UPS. 💋
Stephanie H.
Escondido, CA
I love going to Sephora for my beauty needs! I have gone enough times and done my research to where I rarely need to grab an employee for help! Trust me I would advice you do the same because the service at Sephora is not always the best! They get caught up with one customer that they forget or maybe do not know how to break away to tend to another customer. It can get a bit frustrating and annoying having to catch someone or wait for another to finish up with a customer which can take up to 30 min or longer at least with my experience. I have gone into my local Sephora and not seen an item I'm looking for in "stock" only to find out they do have it in stock they just had not had the time to replenish it. Overall, its great to go in to shop when you are going in and getting out but if you're looking for customer service don't always count on getting the best.
Angel D.
Webster, TX
I like Sephora, you meet your qualifier and you get some great samples, However, their shipping time is insane. They have some major issues, which I will list. When they say pick 3 samples, you don’t always get them! I had two of those instances. Then there’s their shipping, usually they are pretty good, I have their Flash shipping. I’m upset because I placed an order on November 23rd, and they stated that flash shipping would not be affected by the holidays. Today is the 4th, and according to UPS, they printed the label, but have yet to scan it! Very disappointed. I was waiting for my devacurl, and had to order through Amazon.
Katiee M.
Glendale , AZ
Great store. Nice selection on higher end brands. Layout makes sense and each brand has its own section. Can be a little intimidating if you aren’t familiar with makeup or the brands but the workers are willing to help you out with whatever you need. Their new IQ systems are amazing and get you the shade best suited for you in little to no time at all. Plus you can get FREE mini make overs and or facials.
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
This place is my pilgrimage!!!

I could literally spend all day in here!!! They have everything beauty! And if you love me makeovers, they have beauty bars too!

I pretty much buy all my makeup from there and Mercari. The only issue is they only carry high end. However if your budget is more drugstore...you can enjoy their own Sephora brand makeup and it’s great! They do beautiful palettes and just about everything else.

I buy a lot online, and am enjoying their 2 day flash shipping that costs $10 for the year!

Also make sure your an beauty insider, their beauty VIP membership means you can collect points and enjoy makeup freebies and a birthday gift. You can also save and have mini makeovers!
Annette V.
Beaumont, CA
Sephora or Ulta? Why?
Influenster M.
Is this your favorite store? If so, why?
Savanna M.
Independence, MO
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
What's your favorite item from Sephora?
Diana V.
Doral, FL
Do you prefer Sephora or Ulta to purchase makeup?