BY SEPHORA

What it is:
A mud mask featuring zinc and copper to cleanse and purify the skin—aka your skin’s BFF when it needs a detox.

What it does:
Made with zinc, copper, and white clay, this mud mask cleanses and purifies pores, absorbs excess sebum, and reduces the appearance of blemishes without overdrying. Skin is left clean, matte, and soft after each use.

Tip:
Use this over your entire face or as a spot treatment.

How to Use:

Suggested Usage:
-Use one to two times per week.
-Apply an even layer over face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
-Massage for one minute and allow it to sit until its color changes when dry.
-Rinse well with warm water.

Zinc and Copper: Purify.
-White Clay: Softens and allows the skin to be enriched with essential mineral salts.

Kaolin, Water, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Powder, Capryloyl Glycine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate.

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

• How long should I let this sit on my face once it dries?10 Answers
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying Have...2 Answers
  • Is it hypoallergenic 2 Answers
SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying
  • "Is my favorite mask. #mask #sephora #favorite #mud #glam #glow #highexpectatives #bright #fresh #sensitive #skin #effective #black #goodvalue #nicepackaging #fullsize " in 6 reviews
elizabeth S.
Clyde
This is the @sephora mud mask. It is for mattifying and purifying. It is made with zinc and copper.
I bought this mask because I have seen so many people rave about it. And because in the summer my face is so freaking oily that I need something to help with it.
When applying this mask there is a scent. It is like a funky natural scent. Not chemically but not 100 pleasant either. But scents dont tend to push me away too much so I trucked on.
After it is on your face it begins to burn a bit. Not to the point where I had to rinse it off but if you dont like that sensation then this mask is not for you.
So it burned for about two minutes which was fine for me because it made me feel like it was doing something.
It did become a little bit tighter also. Which is normal with clay masks. I left it on for about 20 mins and rinsed with warm water.
Overall I was impressed. My skin was more even toned when I took it off. My redness had died down a bit. And my pores looked alot better. On my cheeks by my nose they looked smoother and cleaner.
I enjoyed using this mask. I will continue to use it a few times a week and see if I get even better results.
You can purchase this mask from @sephora for $20 for a 2.03 oz jar.
I was able to get a smaller size for $10 but they are not available at this time. SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying
Keira M.
Orlando, FL
I received this product as a sample through my Play! By Sephora. I wasn't too excited for it since I have dry skin without acne so I typically stray from products like this one. After wearing makeup literally for over 12 hours I decided to use it on my tzone. I immediately noted an offputting smell that I didn't really enjoy. It had a nice cooling and tightening effect to it. There is also some weird clumps in it that aren't necessarily grit but are definitely weird. This product is really good for oily skin as it dries down VERY well. It's kind of cool to see the color changes as you wait for the mask to finish. My skin did feel soft after but a little on the dry side. It also helped with the clogged pores I have on my nose, but definitely wasn't some miracle product that cleared them all up 100%. Will update review after multiple uses.
Alyssa B.
Edison, NJ
I really wanted to like this mud mask from Sephora but it was sadly not the right product for me at all. There was a sample of this mask in my monthly play subscription so based on reviews thought I would try it out. Unfortunately this mask was super irritating for my skin. It applies very thick and the formula for me felt overall drying. It left my skin feeling extremely uncomfortable and I would not use this mask again. I am sure others will love this mask, but as someone with sensitive skin, it wasn't for me. I can't really recommend this mask for others who do have dry or sensitive skin like I do. This was not really the right mask for my skin type.
Katrina R.
This works really well on my combo skin when I’m having a bad break out. I usually put this on after I take my makeup off, let it completely dry (it can get flaky and kind of make a mess) and just rinse it off. depending on how dry my skin feels I’ll follow up with a moisturizer. I use it once or twice a week, sometimes a little more if I’m getting hormonal acne. It works well to dry out the zits without over drying the rest of my skin and since my skin type is combo, I really appreciate that. It’s pretty gentle too and doesn’t burn but does have a bit of a warming affect when u put it on. For the price, you do get many uses out of it so I think it’s worth it.
Zoey N.
This is a no no for me. I am the type of person that loves charcoal, mud, pore clarifying masks. I saw this and thought it would be perfect! But no honey no no! First of, it smells weird! Like celery or something. Texture is meh, does dry down pretty quick. My skin feels clear and nice afterwards. However, this is a deal breaker for me, this broke me out like crazy! I have bumps all over my chin the next day. I was so shocked cuz my skin is tough. It can handle the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial for 30mins without burning or anything. But not this one. Pass!
Lindsay T.
This is my new favorite mask. I got a sample of it with a Sephora purchase awhile back and I wish I hadn't waited so long to try this! It's a very thick and gritty mask, the smell isnt the best, to me it smells like I'm putting actual mud on my face. The results after washing it off were incredible, especially around my nose. My blackheads were almost completely gone! The few pimples I had around my jaw were visibly smaller the next morning and my skin felt so smooth, and not at all tight or irritated.
Melissa H.
Kittanning
I just received this in a Play box. It dries down super fast and washes off easily. It does have a fresh scent however I didn’t like it on my face. This was my first time using it. It did leave my skin soft but I wouldn’t say it was matte. To me it was just an okay product something I won’t be purchasing
Veronica M.
Oakton, VA
This mud mask is amazing and detoxing my skin. I’m disappointed in the formula and deducted a star because it’s difficult to rub in especially a thin layer it will separate easily and stay on thick. I put some on as best as I can and wait for the mask to completely change color letting me know it’s done and I can rinse my face and it’s nice and smooth and not oily at all. It does an amazing job at absorbing serbums and oil and sucking out any other impurities and leaving your face matte.
Amanda E.
Rigby, ID
I really enjoy how this makes my face feel. I put a thin layer on and around my nose, forehead, and chin, I let it sit till dry and then I leave it on for another 5-10 minutes. I wash off with a wash cloth. My skin is super smooth and soft and my pores looks smaller after I use this mud mask. I have to use a thick moisturizer afterwards as my skin is pretty dry to start with. Because of my dry skin I only use this once or twice a week. I love the cooling sensation that I feel when using this mask. I also like the very gentle exfoliation I get when I rub the mask onto my skin (I rub the mask a lot while applying it to try to get as much exfoliation affect as I can). It only takes a thin layer. The first time I applied it pretty generously and the next time I applied it as thin as possible. Both ways seemed to work the same so I now apply a thin layer as to not waste the product. This product had little to no scent.
Sarah L.
This mask dries EXTREMELY fast!! It has a strong smell but not a bad smell, like charcoal & clean. For only $20 bucks you get A LOT of product! It made my face feeel great after taking off and after 2 uses can already see a difference in my pores and skin texture. Definitely recommend
Blair N.
How long should I let this sit on my face once it dries?
rachel h.
How does this compare to glamglow? I definitely like this price better than glamglow
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
How many uses have you gotten from this?
Abby S.
Nashville, TN
Is it normal for this mask to cause a breakout after the first use? I woke up the morning after I used it with whiteheads on my forehead, and the same thing happened the next morning (I've only used the mask once). I'm trying to tell myself that's the "purifying" part of the mask as it's detoxing my skin. Will this get better with continued use?
Frances G.
La Verne , CA
What are the little chunks in the mask?