BY SEPHORA

What it is:
A mud mask featuring zinc and copper to cleanse and purify the skin—aka your skin’s BFF when it needs a detox.

What it does:
Made with zinc, copper, and white clay, this mud mask cleanses and purifies pores, absorbs excess sebum, and reduces the appearance of blemishes without overdrying. Skin is left clean, matte, and soft after each use.

Tip:
Use this over your entire face or as a spot treatment.

How to Use:

Suggested Usage:
-Use one to two times per week.
-Apply an even layer over face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
-Massage for one minute and allow it to sit until its color changes when dry.
-Rinse well with warm water.

Zinc and Copper: Purify.
-White Clay: Softens and allows the skin to be enriched with essential mineral salts.

Kaolin, Water, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Powder, Capryloyl Glycine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate.

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

• How long should I let this sit on my face once it dries?8 Answers
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying Have...1 Answers
  • Is it hypoallergenic 2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Is my favorite mask. #mask #sephora #favorite #mud #glam #glow #highexpectatives #bright #fresh #sensitive #skin #effective #black #goodvalue #nicepackaging #fullsize " in 6 reviews
Jocelynn D.
Marlton, NJ
I got the SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying sample in my Sephora PLAY! Box and I think it’s great! The mask is thicker than most mud masks I’ve tried, has a slight texture to it and does have an earthy smell to it... I can’t quite describe it any other way but I personally don’t mind it. If you have a sensitivity to smell/fragrances, you might not like this. Even thought my skin is pretty clear, and is typically normal/dry skin, the mask still left my face feeling great after. It definitely gives you a tightness after you wash it off so I would recommend putting on a good moisturizer afterwards. This product works great and I’m sure would work even better on someone with combination/oily skin and who may be more prone to breakouts and acne. If you’re looking for a highly effective, well priced mud mask, go pick up the SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying you won’t be disappointed.
Kaitlyn P.
kansas
This mask is AWESOME. I got it in my Sephora play box this month and set it aside minimally unimpressed at another mud mask. The other night I finally opened it and was kinda blown away by this little jar. The texture is really gritty/chunky and kinda weird until you get used to it. The smell is a little strange, but nothing overly worse than most face masks. But the results! I left it on for about 15 minutes after it dried. I wish I had taken a before picture, but my blackheads on my nose were huge. This is the after picture from a day later and as you can see, my pores are mostly invisible now and all you can see is my freckles! It definitely pulled out all of the impurities and left my skin looking amazing! I used a moisturizer afterwards since my skin was a little dry, but this mask is 100% worth the results it gives you!! SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying
Cayleen C.
Waxhaw
This product is amazing , the mask itself has an amazing smell and texture to it where once you apply it to your face it has a cool effect onto the skin. The product is in a small container but I have used it 4 times already and it is not half way done. A little goes a long way with this product , the product matifies as well when it ready to be rinsed off. This is a mud mask that does not require tough labor to take off after dry, simply apply a thin layer that goes good and it’ll work out better. I got this product in person at Sephora for less than 15$ and we all know Sephora’s masks usually cost wayyy more than that. Watch outdoor the sale, I’ve seen the clay masks go on and off of sale(cause it’s a Sephora company made product). I would recommend this product to everyone .
Amanda E.
Rigby, ID
I really enjoy how this makes my face feel. I put a thin layer on and around my nose, forehead, and chin, I let it sit till dry and then I leave it on for another 5-10 minutes. I wash off with a wash cloth. My skin is super smooth and soft and my pores looks smaller after I use this mud mask. I have to use a thick moisturizer afterwards as my skin is pretty dry to start with. Because of my dry skin I only use this once or twice a week. I love the cooling sensation that I feel when using this mask. I also like the very gentle exfoliation I get when I rub the mask onto my skin (I rub the mask a lot while applying it to try to get as much exfoliation affect as I can). It only takes a thin layer. The first time I applied it pretty generously and the next time I applied it as thin as possible. Both ways seemed to work the same so I now apply a thin layer as to not waste the product. This product had little to no scent.
Keira M.
Orlando, FL
I received this product as a sample through my Play! By Sephora. I wasn't too excited for it since I have dry skin without acne so I typically stray from products like this one. After wearing makeup literally for over 12 hours I decided to use it on my tzone. I immediately noted an offputting smell that I didn't really enjoy. It had a nice cooling and tightening effect to it. There is also some weird clumps in it that aren't necessarily grit but are definitely weird. This product is really good for oily skin as it dries down VERY well. It's kind of cool to see the color changes as you wait for the mask to finish. My skin did feel soft after but a little on the dry side. It also helped with the clogged pores I have on my nose, but definitely wasn't some miracle product that cleared them all up 100%. Will update review after multiple uses.
Fernanda O.
Irving
I received a sample on my Play by Sephora box last month and I love it!!!! It's the best affordable mud mask ever. It's fantastic. It looks... weird in the container and it looks like you stuck your face in the swamp when you apply it. The smell isn't fantastic, but it's only on your face for like 5 minutes. If that. It dries quite fast compared to other masks I've used. A little bit seems to go a long way too. I basically got a quarter size (If that.) on my finger, did the dots where I wanted it to go like foundation, and then rubbed it all over. I could feel it drying and tightening on my face, but after I washed it off, wow. My face looked to be all one skin tone for once! It even got rid of the redness on my nose!! Absolutely love this stuff. I use it every Monday and Thursday night now.
Denise H.
Wilmington , NC
I received this mask in my May Sephora Play box and I was excited to try it since I love mud masks and anything mattifying is right up my alley!
I applied this all over my face, and waited for it to change colors since thats how you know when its ready to be rinsed off. It went on easy, but when it started to dry and change to a light gray color it was so tight and uncomfortable!  The color change splotchiness also made me look like a Walker from The Walking Dead.  Some areas didn’t completely dry and after washing it off I did not like how waxy and tight my skin felt! Definitely not my fave!
Alyssa B.
I really wanted to like this mud mask from Sephora but it was sadly not the right product for me at all. There was a sample of this mask in my monthly play subscription so based on reviews thought I would try it out. Unfortunately this mask was super irritating for my skin. It applies very thick and the formula for me felt overall drying. It left my skin feeling extremely uncomfortable and I would not use this mask again. I am sure others will love this mask, but as someone with sensitive skin, it wasn't for me. I can't really recommend this mask for others who do have dry or sensitive skin like I do. This was not really the right mask for my skin type.
Kirssy M.
🆕️Product Review:
Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifaying by @sephora + @playby 🧖‍♀️Product contains Zinc and Copper

Review: this is an amazing mask, it has a great smell and is great for exfoliation as well. The mask felt gd to my skin, it definitively left my skin feeling fresh, clean, clear, matt but not dry. I also devited to use it as a spot mask for breakout and it worked amazing. It dried the pimple by the next day, perfect for my other skin care product to completely clear my skin.
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
This product is amazing! I received it in my Sephora Play and will definitely purchase the whole product.
It is extremely easy to apply and wash off, smells amazing and makes my skin look brand new. After one use my face felt refreshed, my pores seriously reduced, my skin was so soft (I couldn’t stop touching it) and it felt tighter.
The earthy smell is so pleasant and refreshing. I also love how the mask changes colors and dries on the skin without actually drying out my face.

Overall, very impressive product. Definitely one of the best masks I’ve tried! Seriously recommend.
Blair N.
How long should I let this sit on my face once it dries?
rachel h.
How does this compare to glamglow? I definitely like this price better than glamglow
Abby S.
Nashville, TN
Is it normal for this mask to cause a breakout after the first use? I woke up the morning after I used it with whiteheads on my forehead, and the same thing happened the next morning (I've only used the mask once). I'm trying to tell myself that's the "purifying" part of the mask as it's detoxing my skin. Will this get better with continued use?
Analise J.
Has anyone tried this in comparison to a cheaper dupe? I'm trying to determine if It's worth the money to get a god quality mud mask.
Frances G.
La Verne , CA
What are the little chunks in the mask?