BY SEPHORA #52 in Lipstick

An ultralightweight, modern matte lip color with a subtle sheen. This innovative formula saturates lips with a hint of luster for full, matte coverage that won’t dry out or crack. Nourishing, feather-light rose hip seed oil hydrates lips to offer plush, pigmented color. The custom contoured applicator tip paints on with precision in one swipe, so you can wear modern color with confidence. What else you need to know:This product is available in 12 shades, and it is not tested on animals.

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

SEPHORA COLLECTION Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Color
  • "I LOVE this lip product. Every time that I wear this, I get compliments. The color is so bright and bold, and it lasts throughout the day with no touch ups. I feel like a Barbie when I wear it. The formulation is wonderful, so if you don't want to wear the bold lips, know that the other colors are extremely long lasting." in 507 reviews
  • "I LOVE THESE LONGWEAR LIQUID LIP COLOR. THE COLOR ARE GREAT VERY PIGMENTED JUST 1 OR 2 COATS WILL DO DEPENDING ON YOUR DEPTH OF COLOR YOU WANT EITHER WAY A GREAT PRODUCT TO HAVE. THERE IS A VARIETY OF ASORTED COLORS TO CHOSE FROM. COLOR GOES ON WET BUT DON'T WORRY IT WILL DRY MATTE AND THE END RESULT WILL BE GREAT " in 452 reviews
Savannah C.
They’re not my absolute favorite lip product on the market.

Upon first application the lip color appears quite glossy. In fact, the "matte" finish really doesn't start to occur until a good 10 minutes later, once the product has dried down. On one hand, the long dry time is a pain if you'd like to be good to go quickly. On the other hand, given how wonky the wand is, it's nice to have that extra time to fix your application before it sets. If you're someone who wants the product to be matte right out of the tube or at least moments after application, you may want to pass on these or look at the Stila Stay All Day lipsticks which dry down within a minute or two.

The applicator on these puppies is the worst part about the product, and my only real source of complaint. It's a long paddle-brush shaped wand with no real pointy end which can make precise application almost impossible. I found myself struggling to fill in the corners of my mouth as well as my cupid's bow without making a serious mess. In fact, I spent almost as much time applying the product as I did cleaning up the places where the applicator had awkwardly deposited color outside of my lips' edges. Thankfully, as I alluded to earlier, you don't have to work very quickly with this product since the drying time is quite long. Ultimately, it may be worth it to apply some to the back of your hand and then use a lip brush for easier application given how terrible the wand is.
member-48aec
Great color, but comes off on everything.
I purchased the shade Mulberry Luster, and while I absolutely adore the color and coverage, it doesn't hold up too well throughout the day.

For starters, I'm really not a fan of the applicator. It's very large and awkwardly flexible, which made for some difficulty with creating smooth, clean lines the first couple times I wore the product. I would have preferred a standard doe foot applicator, but it is what it is.

The color and coverage are amazing! I was originally going to purchase one of Sephora's Cream Lip Stains (as I already know I like them), but bought the Luster Matte lip color purely because the color was unbeatable. The coverage is great, and I didn't notice much fading even after wearing the lip color for 5-6 hours. When the color did start to fade, it faded evenly and still looked very presentable.

This is great for keeping your lips hydrated! My lips never felt dry while wearing this lip color, which I appreciated very much. It wears very comfortably.

This is definitely not kiss-proof. It came off on just about everything except for the styrofoam cup that my coffee was in. My hair would get blown in my face by the wind, and then I'd run my fingers through my hair to find traces of Mulberry Luster, which was not super.

If you're looking for something that'll wear all day without ever leaving your lips, you're better off with Kat von D or Sephora Ceam Lip Stains. If you're looking for color with a little more dimension to it and more hydration throughout the day, then this is a good choice.
keila v.
I really like this product. It applys smoothly and make my lips look a bit fuller. But is not a full on matte lipstick. You can still see a bit of sheen and it can transfer, like it doesn't really dry to a matte is more like velvety look. It does wear a pretty decent amount but not like other really matte ones. When you take it off or when is wearing off it leaves you with a nice rosy tint. The SEPHORA COLLECTION Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Color I bought is in the shade Magenta Luster.
Morgan S.
New Waterford
This was the first liquid lipstick I ever purchased. It goes on smooth, has a somewhat creamy formula and dries down. Upon drying down, at first look, it doesn’t crack or flake and isn’t in all the nooks & crannies. After a couple hours, the color settles into unwanted areas. Because of this i started using a lip base, and applied vaseline before applying the lipstick. It helped moisten my lips, but overall this lipstick will dry your lips out. Good for someone who just wants to wear it for a small while. Otherwise the color is great and it doesn’t really transfer!
Narcisa C.
New York
This is a lip tint that I didn’t really like. I thought it would’ve been a great idea because the color looks nice but it left my lips looking like I was bleeding on my lips or if I’ve eaten a cherry icy that left my lips stained. It didn’t look pretty at all. I tried to give it various opportunities but it didn’t work for me. I put two stars because it’s probably because of my lips are naturally sort of dry and could’ve worked for someone else and the packaging was nice
Tabitha K.
League City
It’s been a while since I’ve used this product, since I did go cruelty-free a little while ago. When I did use it, the colors that I got were very pigmented and they lasted an amazingly long time. Plus, they weren’t too expensive for what you got, and beat A LOT of other liquid lipsticks as far as quality goes, which is amazing! If you are a lip junkie like I tend to be, and searching for more affordable liquid lipsticks (cause liquid lipsticks are expensive usually, especially the longer-lasting ones), I definitely recommend these great quality ones. Give them a go! There are tons of colors to choose from. They also are not sticky, which is good.
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
I just received this lipstick from Sephora and I have to say that I wish the doughfoot is not flimsy. It does take a whole lot of product and I have to scrape some off just to have enough product to add on my lips. When it comes to the formula it’s actually pretty good. It takes a while to dry down but it’s not patchy nor sticky. Very comfortable on the lips and sadly this isn’t gonna be permanent. Definitely wish they never took this off the shelf bc this is great lipstick.
Sam C.
Islip
The thing that really stood out to me about this was the colors. They had so many deep berry colors I knew I needed to check it out. For sephora this is a really good price for a liquid lip. The color was great and it was easy to apply. I did feel that with the darker colors it was very streaky and I needed to apply a few coats to get the desired color. It also didn't last all day and I had to reapply it multiple times.
Brandee T.
Mansfield
This is actually one of my favorites! I love it because if your going to an event these lip products will stay on your lips for hours without smudging, wearing off, stays on all night and by the end of the night looks just as pigmented as it did when you first applied it :) I like to put a lip topper on top to give it that shine but if you don't like that they are Matt without a lip topper beautiful both ways! ;)
Jennifer W.
I own several shades of this product and I thoroughly enjoy it. I think others are starting to enjoy it as well and catch on because I've noticed the range has added more shades which is really great to see. Very good price point for the product. Definitely feel as though this product is underrated. I have highly recommended this product to multiple people and would continue to do so.
RENELLE p.
Do they last a long time on your lips?
Andrea M.
Pearl, MS
Does this lipstick really stay on for long periods of time? I'm interested in trying some, but I don't want to have to reapply several times a day.
Ciera C.
Powell, WY
Will these dry up your lips and do you have to reapply or is it long lasting all day wear?
raquel a.
Calle foso 32 1f aranjuez
Me gusta mucho y quiero probar

back