BY SEPHORA

An ultralightweight, modern matte lip color with a subtle sheen. This innovative formula saturates lips with a hint of luster for full, matte coverage that won’t dry out or crack. Nourishing, feather-light rose hip seed oil hydrates lips to offer plush, pigmented color. The custom contoured applicator tip paints on with precision in one swipe, so you can wear modern color with confidence. What else you need to know:This product is available in 12 shades, and it is not tested on animals.

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

SEPHORA COLLECTION Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Color
  • "I LOVE this lip product. Every time that I wear this, I get compliments. The color is so bright and bold, and it lasts throughout the day with no touch ups. I feel like a Barbie when I wear it. The formulation is wonderful, so if you don't want to wear the bold lips, know that the other colors are extremely long lasting." in 507 reviews
  • "I LOVE THESE LONGWEAR LIQUID LIP COLOR. THE COLOR ARE GREAT VERY PIGMENTED JUST 1 OR 2 COATS WILL DO DEPENDING ON YOUR DEPTH OF COLOR YOU WANT EITHER WAY A GREAT PRODUCT TO HAVE. THERE IS A VARIETY OF ASORTED COLORS TO CHOSE FROM. COLOR GOES ON WET BUT DON'T WORRY IT WILL DRY MATTE AND THE END RESULT WILL BE GREAT " in 452 reviews
Savannah C.
They’re not my absolute favorite lip product on the market.

Upon first application the lip color appears quite glossy. In fact, the "matte" finish really doesn't start to occur until a good 10 minutes later, once the product has dried down. On one hand, the long dry time is a pain if you'd like to be good to go quickly. On the other hand, given how wonky the wand is, it's nice to have that extra time to fix your application before it sets. If you're someone who wants the product to be matte right out of the tube or at least moments after application, you may want to pass on these or look at the Stila Stay All Day lipsticks which dry down within a minute or two.

The applicator on these puppies is the worst part about the product, and my only real source of complaint. It's a long paddle-brush shaped wand with no real pointy end which can make precise application almost impossible. I found myself struggling to fill in the corners of my mouth as well as my cupid's bow without making a serious mess. In fact, I spent almost as much time applying the product as I did cleaning up the places where the applicator had awkwardly deposited color outside of my lips' edges. Thankfully, as I alluded to earlier, you don't have to work very quickly with this product since the drying time is quite long. Ultimately, it may be worth it to apply some to the back of your hand and then use a lip brush for easier application given how terrible the wand is.
Amanda W.
Charleston
This product is very similar to the color pop satin long lasting formula. It is long lasting but does not dry out your lips. The color does not seem to last as long as other brands, but it is very easy to reapply and stays on well with eating and drinking. Would recommend and buy again in the future.
Tabi B.
Grapevine, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
I received a few of these in boxes such as Sephora play. Now the first one I tried was awful. It was in color 40 Pink Tea. The color made me look sick. And it made my teeth appear yellow, which they aren’t. They are marketed as a lip stain, but they apply like a liquid satin. Once they dry down, they don’t wear like a stain. They come off very easily, they smudge easily, and they just are a hot mess. I am giving 3 stars due to the fact that if you are looking for something to wear and are not afraid to re apply all day, it’s not the worst I’ve ever tried. Plus they have a ginormous shade range and the price is pretty bearable. But I will definitely not be repurchasing any of them.
Missy J.
Jensen Beach
Purchased at: Sephora
It’s an okay lipstick. The formula and feel on the lips is a bit flaky and sticky, it’s got a good applicator and not too expensive. The price matches the quality. Overall pretty decent and I use it occasionally.
Kendall G.
Jakin, GA
Purchased at: Sephora
LOVE THIS FORMULA! Such a soft formula that isn’t as drying as most matte lipsticks. Applies easily (even without prep) and lasts and lasts! I would recommend this to anyone on any makeup skill level!
Narcisa C.
New York
This is a lip tint that I didn’t really like. I thought it would’ve been a great idea because the color looks nice but it left my lips looking like I was bleeding on my lips or if I’ve eaten a cherry icy that left my lips stained. It didn’t look pretty at all. I tried to give it various opportunities but it didn’t work for me. I put two stars because it’s probably because of my lips are naturally sort of dry and could’ve worked for someone else and the packaging was nice
Jackie G.
I actually bought shade 41 on a whim. I don't really enjoy pink-mauves on me but this color was pretty good. I think it can be a bit drying, but it does last a while. I recently finished it, but I was using this for almost everyday wear and it matched almost anything which was a plus for me since I do not like buying a lot of lipsticks. It was a beautiful color & I would recommend this to others. Also, the price was pretty good as well!
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
I just received this lipstick from Sephora and I have to say that I wish the doughfoot is not flimsy. It does take a whole lot of product and I have to scrape some off just to have enough product to add on my lips. When it comes to the formula it’s actually pretty good. It takes a while to dry down but it’s not patchy nor sticky. Very comfortable on the lips and sadly this isn’t gonna be permanent. Definitely wish they never took this off the shelf bc this is great lipstick.
Tammi M.
Quincy, MA
Let's start with the negatives first. I hate the applicator on this. I don't have a problem with the shape or the fact that it's flat. It's not stationary and would bend slightly as I was applying it so this takes some time to work with. I'm also not loving how long the dry down time is. This isn't transfer proof, it will get all over anything your lips come in contact with.

Would that deter me from purchasing another one?

The color opacity is really good, one dip and it was full coverage. I got this in Scarlet Lustre and it's a nice true red, not an orange/red which I despise. There is some shine to it but that's not really surprising because Lustre is right in the name. The formula is comfortable and doesn't make my lips feel like the Sahara Desert. It's in the sale section of Sephora's website and the price is great.
Brandee T.
Mansfield
This is actually one of my favorites! I love it because if your going to an event these lip products will stay on your lips for hours without smudging, wearing off, stays on all night and by the end of the night looks just as pigmented as it did when you first applied it :) I like to put a lip topper on top to give it that shine but if you don't like that they are Matt without a lip topper beautiful both ways! ;)
Hanan C.
San Diego
RENELLE p.
Do they last a long time on your lips?
Andrea M.
Pearl, MS
Does this lipstick really stay on for long periods of time? I'm interested in trying some, but I don't want to have to reapply several times a day.
Ciera C.
Powell, WY
Will these dry up your lips and do you have to reapply or is it long lasting all day wear?
Whitney R.
How long does this last? Does it leave your lips feeling dry? Good value? What are some favorite colors?

Amazon