SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY SEPHORA #1 in Lip Stain

What it is:
A silky, long-lasting lip stain that keeps lips covered with bold color from AM to PM—no need to reapply or touch up throughout the day.

What it does:
This bestselling, high-coverage lip color glides on smooth and transforms from a creamy texture into a silky, lightweight stain. Infused with avocado oil, the long-lasting formula delivers rich color that feels comfortable, is never sticky, and won’t dry out lips.

Bonus:
The options are (nearly) limitless! This stain comes in matte and satin finishes, and a wide range of richly-pigmented colors.

How to Use:

Suggested Usage:
-Apply directly to lips.
-Start in the center of lips and smooth outwards toward corners of mouth.

Avocado Oil: Provides comfort and nutrition for lips.
-A Combination of Resins and Jellifying Agents: Coats pigments and guarantees a no-transfer film for long term wear.
Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant properties.

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

• I've been wanting to try these for a while but are they w...6 Answers
  • I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it13 Answers
  • Does this dry out on your lips?8 Answers
SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick
  • "I purchased this lip stain because one of the make-up artists at Sephora had a swatch on her hand. It did not move so I was so curious to try it on my lips. OMG, this thing works wonders. I had to get it as soon as I put it on my lips. The lip stain stayed and did not move one bit, transfer, or feather. Does not dry your lips, and very comfortable to wear. " in 1402 reviews
  • "I recently purchased this at my nearest Sephora and holy cow... I was amazed (not totally considering how great all Sephora products are, I knew this would be good!) at how great this was! It dries right away, and lasts a LONG time! I loved this so much, and would totally advise someone to purchase it! :)" in 1140 reviews
  • "We went into Sephora looking for the very expensive YSL lip-stains, they didn't have this product at my local Sephora but was recommend by the Sales Rep to try this one. It is amazing. I wore it out to on the town, drinking and eating. It lasted through the night and I didn't touch it up once. Also it is not a pain to remove like most lip stains. This color is a perfect matte true red." in 1008 reviews
Tiffany N.
Tampa, FL
My favorite lipstains are matte, and I actually found out about this Sephora brand through reviews on influenster. I've always had issues with various brands of lipstick and lip stain drying out my lips, making them crack and peel, or getting everywhere (staining my clothes, getting on my teeth). I bought one color to test out, and finally found a formulation that works for me and couldn't be happier with it! This Sephora liquid lipstick has been a life saver, giving me the matte look I love, while at the same time keeping my lips healthier than past brands. I can use this for days before my lips start to dry. As for getting on my teeth and clothes, I havent had many issues in that respect. I noticed after my first few days wearing it, that if I let it dry after applying it, it lasts longer, and I dont have any accidental smudges. Some of the coloring does come off on my water cups, but not a lot and nothing compared to other brands I've tried. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because it doesn't last all day, though it does last for the majority of the day and it's easy to reapply. I can eat and drink, with minimal discoloration, I only notice discoloration at the end of the day when I've worn it for 10+ hours. Overall I love this brand, and cannot wait to try out more colors!
Lindsey K.
Louisa
Really nice! I was introduced to this product by a sephora employee who recommended it to me after seeing me struggle to find a good-quality liquid lipstick in the color that I wanted (hot pink). At first I was hesitant as I've tried some BAD store-branded products but she ensured me that I will like it. So, I gave "Indian Pink" a shot and oh. My. Gosh. This lipstick is absolutely stunning. Super high pigmented, lightweight, and hydrating. While it does not last as long as a few other liquid lipsticks that I own (Stila, LipSense, Kat von D, Urban Decay) it is very, VERY close. I noticed it start peeling at the lip waterline in about an hour and after a few more hours and a lunch all that was left was an outline of my lips. However if I were just going out for cocktails I would have only needed a touchup. At the end of the day it was difficult to remove the rest of the lipstick (I had to scrub big time) which tells me that if I prepped my lips better and stayed away from greasy food it could have lasted all day. For the price this is a great buy- perfect for trying out a new shade without the financial commitment of a name brand. These lipsticks are definitely something to watch as I believe they will continue to get better and better.
LaSarah L.
Humble, TX
I have tried almost every single liquid to matte out there. I am someone who over-draws the lip line with my lipstick and most mattes will feather as I sweat throughout the day. Or, they will flake when the moisture from the inside of your mouth hits the inside part of the lipstick. There's also the issue with some lipsticks physically drying out the lips to the point where your lips are cracking and feeling worse than when you put the lipstick on.

The Sephora cream lip stain as it sounds is somewhat misleading. For someone who has never used the product before, please understand that this product is an extremely opaque, one swipe color, liquid to matte finish. It does not transfer when completely fried. The product has avocado oil in it, unlike most if not all other liquid to matte products on the market. The avocado oil is a hydrating ingredient that completely balances the drying finish and will keep your lips hydrated throughout the day. When you take the product off, your lips do not feel dry.because I overdraw, I have found with this product it does not feather when I sweat. Meaning, it doesn't move around on my skin or sink into the lines of my skin when I'm working and sweating. It minimally breaks up inside the mouth (but only because I tend to chew on that part anyway). When layering the product to touch up after eating oily food, the products texture does not change and still feels great!
Jasminne V.
Pittsburgh, PA
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
Let me be the millionth person to tell you that you NEED this lip cream in your life. If I could give this product 100 stars, I would. This is my holy grail red lip. The sephora collection cream lip stains will stay on your lips for an entire day and, believe me when I say this, not budge. Not one little bit. I have woken up from a night out with this lipstick still painted perfectly on my lips.

I will say that on me, personally, they are the tiniest bit drying. However, that is not enough to stop me from buying this again and again. The amount of girls AND guys who comment on the color is absurd. I have told many a random girl in a bathroom where my lip cream is from. I will attach some photos of the product on.

If you're thinking of buying this, just do it already. You will not be disappointed.
shera s.
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
I wouldn't really call it a "stain" but I love this formula for cream matte liquid lipstick. It goes on smooth, it's comfortable, it doesn't cake, crack, or flake off, it lasts a long time and I think it's a bit less drying even then my other favorites, Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick . I don't think my lips "wither" as much with this formula. I only have the color 01 Always Red, it is a classic deep true red and I get compliments every single time I wear it. It's very bold but super flattering with my skintone (I feel like it would be on most skintones).
Cheryl S.
Minnesota
I enjoy this product to really amp up my looks. I have two of the shades but I have heard that the shades can be hit and miss. I have noticed that ij just the two that I have. The darker shade I have, 24 Burnt Sienna, is a little streaky until you build it whereas the lighter shade I own, 13 Marvalous Mauve, is less so. They both stay on your lips for a long time. The doe foot applicator makes it easy to get crisp lines. They do dry down matte and can be a little drying. I would reccomend this if you enjoy lip sticks but want something with more staying power.
Mirvelyn Santos C.
Everett, WA
Best stuff I have ever used!! I have always struggled with horrible acne, rosacea, scarring, and an uneven skin tone my whole life. I tried everything from drug store products all the way up to $300 prescriptions for acne and nothing worked for me until one of my coworkers introduced me to this! I use a dime size portion to cover my whole face at night and about 4-5 drops to cover my whole face during the day. (I use less during the day because it leaves a little bit of a tint to your skin and I don't want to look oily all day) I also put a moisturizer over the top of it at night. Within 2-3 days I noticed a HUGE difference!
Tianah L.
Grayson , GA
this cream lip stain is the best of both worlds. It has the staying
power of a stain with the pigmentation of a liquid lipstick. I have
tried higher end stains/ liquid lipsticks and wasn't totally satisfied. I
always felt like the stains didn't have enough pigment, so I would have
to layer it on. But with liquid lipsticks they would stay on pretty
well and had enough pigment but would dry out my lips so bad. This cream
stain from sephora is the best, I'm totally satisfied. It is honestly
so light I barely feel it, it stays on all day..for real, and the
pigmentation is great. Most important it does not dry out my lips AT
ALL.
Stephanie C.
Los Angeles
Review for: 14 Blackberry Sorbet more...
I am very skeptical about lip products, especially matte lipsticks because I have dry, sensitive skin & lips that are constantly dried and peeling, especially whenever I wear lipstick. A friend actually turned me into this product. It doesn’t completely dry my lips out as long as I have a layer of aquaphor on for a while before applying this lipstick. It doesn’t wipe off easily when eating or drinking. I had a slice of avocado toast and a cup of coffee and this didn’t fade or smear at all. It’s also gotten me through a night of drinking and a day at Disneyland! I can go through my 8 hour work day and still wear it for a while when I get home and it still looks as pigmented as when I first put it on. I usually use either coconut or olive oil (sometimes with coffee grounds to exfoliate) to get this stuff off because that’s seriously what you need! Awesome lipstick, I want to buy more colors. It costs about $15, you get a good amount of product, doesn’t have a funny smell and it’s not sticky once it dries.
Brooklyn D.
Killeen
Review for: 13 Marvelous Mauve more...
THIS! This is THE BEST liquid lip stain I have ever tried! Creamy and easy to apply, dries in a beautiful matte finish and is not crackly or overly dry! I personally have 4 of these as they were my very first “high end” makeup purchase! They last all day through eating and drinking, you may need to reapply once after several several hours, but I for the most part haven’t had to do so. I love love love this lip stain! SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick
Janysa S.
Rochester
How does the color look when it's on your lips?
Karla O.
Laredo, TX
Is this kind of like a stain? Or more like a lip gloss?
Cady W.
Can someone let me know if this lipstick flakes at all? That's a big no no for me on liquid lipsticks and a girl's gotta know before buying! Thank you! :)
Jhanus C.
Elmont, NY
I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it
Rita W.
How long does the color stay on?

Sephora