SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY SEPHORA #1 in Lip Stain

What it is:
A silky, long-lasting lip stain that keeps lips covered with bold color from AM to PM—no need to reapply or touch up throughout the day.

What it does:
This bestselling, high-coverage lip color glides on smooth and transforms from a creamy texture into a silky, lightweight stain. Infused with avocado oil, the long-lasting formula delivers rich color that feels comfortable, is never sticky, and won’t dry out lips.

Bonus:
The options are (nearly) limitless! This stain comes in matte and satin finishes, and a wide range of richly-pigmented colors.

How to Use:

Suggested Usage:
-Apply directly to lips.
-Start in the center of lips and smooth outwards toward corners of mouth.

Avocado Oil: Provides comfort and nutrition for lips.
-A Combination of Resins and Jellifying Agents: Coats pigments and guarantees a no-transfer film for long term wear.
Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant properties.

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

• I've been wanting to try these for a while but are they w...6 Answers
  • I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it13 Answers
  • Does it last long?4 Answers
SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick
  • "I purchased this lip stain because one of the make-up artists at Sephora had a swatch on her hand. It did not move so I was so curious to try it on my lips. OMG, this thing works wonders. I had to get it as soon as I put it on my lips. The lip stain stayed and did not move one bit, transfer, or feather. Does not dry your lips, and very comfortable to wear. " in 1402 reviews
  • "I recently purchased this at my nearest Sephora and holy cow... I was amazed (not totally considering how great all Sephora products are, I knew this would be good!) at how great this was! It dries right away, and lasts a LONG time! I loved this so much, and would totally advise someone to purchase it! :)" in 1140 reviews
  • "We went into Sephora looking for the very expensive YSL lip-stains, they didn't have this product at my local Sephora but was recommend by the Sales Rep to try this one. It is amazing. I wore it out to on the town, drinking and eating. It lasted through the night and I didn't touch it up once. Also it is not a pain to remove like most lip stains. This color is a perfect matte true red." in 1008 reviews
Tiffany N.
Tampa, FL
My favorite lipstains are matte, and I actually found out about this Sephora brand through reviews on influenster. I've always had issues with various brands of lipstick and lip stain drying out my lips, making them crack and peel, or getting everywhere (staining my clothes, getting on my teeth). I bought one color to test out, and finally found a formulation that works for me and couldn't be happier with it! This Sephora liquid lipstick has been a life saver, giving me the matte look I love, while at the same time keeping my lips healthier than past brands. I can use this for days before my lips start to dry. As for getting on my teeth and clothes, I havent had many issues in that respect. I noticed after my first few days wearing it, that if I let it dry after applying it, it lasts longer, and I dont have any accidental smudges. Some of the coloring does come off on my water cups, but not a lot and nothing compared to other brands I've tried. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because it doesn't last all day, though it does last for the majority of the day and it's easy to reapply. I can eat and drink, with minimal discoloration, I only notice discoloration at the end of the day when I've worn it for 10+ hours. Overall I love this brand, and cannot wait to try out more colors!
Kaycee M.
Baltimore, MD
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 06 Pink Souffle more...
Definitely one of the best long wear lips out there! This go on really smooth and not to drying on the lips. These will last all night, and when they do start wearing down they fade evenly and leave you with a pretty stain. The price point is amazing, the quality is definitely on par with lipsticks twice the price. The best thing is the shade selection, Sephora is constantly formulating new colors and finishes with these so their are always plenty of options.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 13 Marvelous Mauve more...
When I first started using liquid lipsticks, I did not adjust well to the super matte feeling and Sephora’s Cream Lip Stain is the gold standard of liquid lipstick formulas, in my book. The formula is that of a thicker cream (some liquid lipsticks are very watery) and it applies with such grace with virtually no tugging on your lips. Once the formula dries to a matte finish, this stuff is transfer-proof. It dries without constricting your lips or leaving them feeling tight, like how clay masks do to your face. The applicator is the perfect size for precision and accuracy when applying around your Cupid’s bow. I cannot sing enough praises on how wonderful this liquid lipstick is.
Maria A.
Los Angeles
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
Sephora products can be overlooked in lieu of more designer brands but I feel this one really deserves a closer look! I’ve sampled some through their subscription and was blown away. The Always Red color is gorgeous and easily blends out if it’s too intense upon application. Has a subtle, pleasant scent. The formula isn’t particularly drying and is on par with other lip stains.
Luna C.
This is one of my favorite lip products. It's much more of a long-wear liquid lipstick than a 'stain' per se. The color is beautiful and I get compliments all the time on it. It stays on through food and drink, and it avoids getting chunky, dry, or crusty like a lot of other matte long-wear lipsticks. One of the best products in the Sephora in-house line of makeup.
Chris F.
washington
It was okay. The formula felt streaky, and a little stick, and it wasn't the best application wise. It slipped around and made for uneven lining, and I don't necessary have thin lips, so I was frustrated and confused. The color was inconsistent because of the streaks and made it difficult to be flattering, even after the stain was left to speak for itself.
LaSarah L.
Humble, TX
I have tried almost every single liquid to matte out there. I am someone who over-draws the lip line with my lipstick and most mattes will feather as I sweat throughout the day. Or, they will flake when the moisture from the inside of your mouth hits the inside part of the lipstick. There's also the issue with some lipsticks physically drying out the lips to the point where your lips are cracking and feeling worse than when you put the lipstick on.

The Sephora cream lip stain as it sounds is somewhat misleading. For someone who has never used the product before, please understand that this product is an extremely opaque, one swipe color, liquid to matte finish. It does not transfer when completely fried. The product has avocado oil in it, unlike most if not all other liquid to matte products on the market. The avocado oil is a hydrating ingredient that completely balances the drying finish and will keep your lips hydrated throughout the day. When you take the product off, your lips do not feel dry.because I overdraw, I have found with this product it does not feather when I sweat. Meaning, it doesn't move around on my skin or sink into the lines of my skin when I'm working and sweating. It minimally breaks up inside the mouth (but only because I tend to chew on that part anyway). When layering the product to touch up after eating oily food, the products texture does not change and still feels great!
Bryanna K.
Pottsville
Review for: 98 Auburn Prestige - new shade more...
Works amazing, and lasts all day! Does not rub off and is super matte. I didn’t think it would be great, because I heard mixed reviews, but it was fantastic! The packaging was not obsessive, and it was great for the product, I would for sure buy this product again!  SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick
Bre C.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
I picked up the color Always red and I fell in love with this color! It is a true red and is flattering on every skin tone. I have quite a few different res lipsticks and would say this is one of my faves! The packaging is nice and this lipstick is affordable. Would definitely recommend it to everyone!
Jennifer F.
United States
Review for: 55 Tender Love - new shade more...
I'm a lipstick junkie, have 'em in all kinds of shades and formulas, but Sephora's lippies are one of my favorites, if not my all time favorite lipstick. They are comfortable, uncomplicated, long-wearing, and non-drying, and give a nice powder matte finish. I wouldn't call it a "stain", but it does fade like one, and is easy to reapply and layer with as it doesn't cake up or become a mess like other liquid lipsticks can do..

Also they have the best color selection on the market, so there is a color for everyone, and for a nice price too. I own a bunch of them but "Tender Love", "Marvelous Mauve", "English Rose", "Bohemian Purple", "Indian Pink", "Metallic Cherry", and "Rose Wood" (the dark version) are my favorites.
Janysa S.
Rochester
How does the color look when it's on your lips?
Karla O.
Laredo, TX
Is this kind of like a stain? Or more like a lip gloss?
Cady W.
Can someone let me know if this lipstick flakes at all? That's a big no no for me on liquid lipsticks and a girl's gotta know before buying! Thank you! :)
Jhanus C.
Elmont, NY
I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it
Rita W.
Bayside, NY
How long does the color stay on?

Amazon