SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY SEPHORA #1 in Lip Stain

What it is:
A silky, long-lasting lip stain that keeps lips covered with bold color from AM to PM—no need to reapply or touch up throughout the day.

What it does:
This bestselling, high-coverage lip color glides on smooth and transforms from a creamy texture into a silky, lightweight stain. Infused with avocado oil, the long-lasting formula delivers rich color that feels comfortable, is never sticky, and won’t dry out lips.

Bonus:
The options are (nearly) limitless! This stain comes in matte and satin finishes, and a wide range of richly-pigmented colors.

How to Use:

Suggested Usage:
-Apply directly to lips.
-Start in the center of lips and smooth outwards toward corners of mouth.

Avocado Oil: Provides comfort and nutrition for lips.
-A Combination of Resins and Jellifying Agents: Coats pigments and guarantees a no-transfer film for long term wear.
Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant properties.

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

• I've been wanting to try these for a while but are they w...6 Answers
  • I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it12 Answers
  • Does this dry out on your lips?8 Answers
Reviews (11938)
Buy on Sephora
  • "I purchased this lip stain because one of the make-up artists at Sephora had a swatch on her hand. It did not move so I was so curious to try it on my lips. OMG, this thing works wonders. I had to get it as soon as I put it on my lips. The lip stain stayed and did not move one bit, transfer, or feather. Does not dry your lips, and very comfortable to wear. " in 1402 reviews
  • "I recently purchased this at my nearest Sephora and holy cow... I was amazed (not totally considering how great all Sephora products are, I knew this would be good!) at how great this was! It dries right away, and lasts a LONG time! I loved this so much, and would totally advise someone to purchase it! :)" in 1140 reviews
  • "We went into Sephora looking for the very expensive YSL lip-stains, they didn't have this product at my local Sephora but was recommend by the Sales Rep to try this one. It is amazing. I wore it out to on the town, drinking and eating. It lasted through the night and I didn't touch it up once. Also it is not a pain to remove like most lip stains. This color is a perfect matte true red." in 1008 reviews
Tiffany N.
Tampa, FL
My favorite lipstains are matte, and I actually found out about this Sephora brand through reviews on influenster. I've always had issues with various brands of lipstick and lip stain drying out my lips, making them crack and peel, or getting everywhere (staining my clothes, getting on my teeth). I bought one color to test out, and finally found a formulation that works for me and couldn't be happier with it! This Sephora liquid lipstick has been a life saver, giving me the matte look I love, while at the same time keeping my lips healthier than past brands. I can use this for days before my lips start to dry. As for getting on my teeth and clothes, I havent had many issues in that respect. I noticed after my first few days wearing it, that if I let it dry after applying it, it lasts longer, and I dont have any accidental smudges. Some of the coloring does come off on my water cups, but not a lot and nothing compared to other brands I've tried. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because it doesn't last all day, though it does last for the majority of the day and it's easy to reapply. I can eat and drink, with minimal discoloration, I only notice discoloration at the end of the day when I've worn it for 10+ hours. Overall I love this brand, and cannot wait to try out more colors!
Salina F.
Florence
LONG LASTING! GREAT PRODUCT! CHEAP PRICE! I got a recommendation from the store clerk after looking at her lipstick! I am currently wearing the lip stain as I type this! This is NOT SPONSORED! The original price of the lip stain is $14 I purchased two that they had on sale for half price! They lady was telling the truth because I never have to reapply the lipstick even after I eat, it doesn't transfer, and it is SO affordable! I got 2 lip stains for $14! There are so many options for colors. Something I would change is the size! While the container is full they are only 0.169oz and I would love to get a larger size of my favorite color (Shade 05). Also I would love to have the actual name of the color written on the lip stain bottle for reference! No filters (only a frame) were added to the photo so it is an accurate representation of the color!
Aubrey C.
Sarasota, FL
Review for: 25 Coral Sunset more...
I’m sad that these aren’t cruelty free, and it does affect how often I purchase and my willingness all together to purchase after finding out.
On the lipstick itself: I had decided to try these out because they’re a little bit less expensive then KVD’s everlasting lip, and the color is extremely close. I was not disappointed. The color applies smooth and opaque, and the only issue I have is if I mess up my lines and layer it, then it gets drying and cakey. Normally, the lip is lightweight and I don’t even remember I have it on. It will transfer onto food and utensils, but that is expected so I don’t take anything away for that. Ultimately, the colors are beautiful, and the product lasted me an entire year wearing almost daily. Worth it.
Jennifer G.
United States
The colors can be a little tricky to maneuver around. If your unlucky enough to order online some shades might not look exactly the same in person. It's best to try to get swatches in your local Sephora if you can. I was drawn to the shade polished purple it just looked so nice maybe it be worth a shot. For $14 each it's still a bit pricey for just a lip stain and this was more of an impulse buy. I wasn't very fond of the smell of the lipstain and while it looked nice in the packaging it just didn't do anything for me. My lips felt dry and I usually use a lip scrub and prep my lips before hand. I'm sad to say this lip stain has almost no lasting power and is quite difficult to get even. I do love that they have over 90 shades but I just want a formula that lasts at least 5 hours of my day.
Livv C.
Coming from someone that loves matte liquid lips, this is one of my favorite formulas. It's nice and creamy, but still dries down on the lips. The color range is absolutely phenomenal, the picture is just some of what I have and it's only a fraction of the entire range. The formula also isnt one that gets so dry that it's uncomfortable to wear. It does transfer a little it you touch it and doesn't hold up against food. It's comfortable enough, however, that reapplying after a meal won't make your lips dry, crunchy or cakey. Well worth a $14 price tag, and it's one of my favorite Sephora products, period.
Jasminne V.
Pittsburgh, PA
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
Let me be the millionth person to tell you that you NEED this lip cream in your life. If I could give this product 100 stars, I would. This is my holy grail red lip. The sephora collection cream lip stains will stay on your lips for an entire day and, believe me when I say this, not budge. Not one little bit. I have woken up from a night out with this lipstick still painted perfectly on my lips.

I will say that on me, personally, they are the tiniest bit drying. However, that is not enough to stop me from buying this again and again. The amount of girls AND guys who comment on the color is absurd. I have told many a random girl in a bathroom where my lip cream is from. I will attach some photos of the product on.

If you're thinking of buying this, just do it already. You will not be disappointed.
shera s.
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
I wouldn't really call it a "stain" but I love this formula for cream matte liquid lipstick. It goes on smooth, it's comfortable, it doesn't cake, crack, or flake off, it lasts a long time and I think it's a bit less drying even then my other favorites, Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick . I don't think my lips "wither" as much with this formula. I only have the color 01 Always Red, it is a classic deep true red and I get compliments every single time I wear it. It's very bold but super flattering with my skintone (I feel like it would be on most skintones).
Kat J.
USA
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
If you’re looking for a liquid lip color that doesn’t budge no matter WHAT,

Look no further!!!!!!

Sephora’s Cream Lip Stain is no joke, you can literally do anything you want and it will not fade or flake on you... Laugh, drink, eat, kiss, smile, ANYTHING! This is the product I grab when I know I’m gonna be out all day/night and I don’t feel like reapplying my lip color 50,000 times! Plus, Always Red is the perfect classic rouge, I don’t think it looks bad on anybody.... Oh, and did I forget to mention that this is only $14??!! The tube lasts FOREVER, so it’s a super great value!

It’s easy to apply, it lasts throughout even the greasiest foods, and it doesn’t feel heavy or crusty on your lips,... Can you ask for anything more?!
Tianah L.
this cream lip stain is the best of both worlds. It has the staying
power of a stain with the pigmentation of a liquid lipstick. I have
tried higher end stains/ liquid lipsticks and wasn't totally satisfied. I
always felt like the stains didn't have enough pigment, so I would have
to layer it on. But with liquid lipsticks they would stay on pretty
well and had enough pigment but would dry out my lips so bad. This cream
stain from sephora is the best, I'm totally satisfied. It is honestly
so light I barely feel it, it stays on all day..for real, and the
pigmentation is great. Most important it does not dry out my lips AT
ALL.
Mirvelyn Santos C.
Everett, WA
Best stuff I have ever used!! I have always struggled with horrible acne, rosacea, scarring, and an uneven skin tone my whole life. I tried everything from drug store products all the way up to $300 prescriptions for acne and nothing worked for me until one of my coworkers introduced me to this! I use a dime size portion to cover my whole face at night and about 4-5 drops to cover my whole face during the day. (I use less during the day because it leaves a little bit of a tint to your skin and I don't want to look oily all day) I also put a moisturizer over the top of it at night. Within 2-3 days I noticed a HUGE difference!
Janysa S.
Rochester
How does the color look when it's on your lips?
Karla O.
Laredo, TX
Is this kind of like a stain? Or more like a lip gloss?
Cady W.
Can someone let me know if this lipstick flakes at all? That's a big no no for me on liquid lipsticks and a girl's gotta know before buying! Thank you! :)
Rita W.
Bayside, NY
How long does the color stay on?
Jhanus C.
Elmont, NY
I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it