SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY SEPHORA #2 in Lip Stain

What it is:
A silky, long-lasting lip stain that keeps lips covered with bold color from AM to PM—no need to reapply or touch up throughout the day.

What it does:
This bestselling, high-coverage lip color glides on smooth and transforms from a creamy texture into a silky, lightweight stain. Infused with avocado oil, the long-lasting formula delivers rich color that feels comfortable, is never sticky, and won’t dry out lips.

Bonus:
The options are (nearly) limitless! This stain comes in matte and satin finishes, and a wide range of richly-pigmented colors.

How to Use:

Suggested Usage:
-Apply directly to lips.
-Start in the center of lips and smooth outwards toward corners of mouth.

Avocado Oil: Provides comfort and nutrition for lips.
-A Combination of Resins and Jellifying Agents: Coats pigments and guarantees a no-transfer film for long term wear.
Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant properties.

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

• I've been wanting to try these for a while but are they w...5 Answers
  • I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it11 Answers
  • Does this dry out on your lips?8 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I purchased this lip stain because one of the make-up artists at Sephora had a swatch on her hand. It did not move so I was so curious to try it on my lips. OMG, this thing works wonders. I had to get it as soon as I put it on my lips. The lip stain stayed and did not move one bit, transfer, or feather. Does not dry your lips, and very comfortable to wear. " in 1402 reviews
  • "I recently purchased this at my nearest Sephora and holy cow... I was amazed (not totally considering how great all Sephora products are, I knew this would be good!) at how great this was! It dries right away, and lasts a LONG time! I loved this so much, and would totally advise someone to purchase it! :)" in 1140 reviews
  • "We went into Sephora looking for the very expensive YSL lip-stains, they didn't have this product at my local Sephora but was recommend by the Sales Rep to try this one. It is amazing. I wore it out to on the town, drinking and eating. It lasted through the night and I didn't touch it up once. Also it is not a pain to remove like most lip stains. This color is a perfect matte true red." in 1008 reviews
Tiffany N.
Tampa, FL
My favorite lipstains are matte, and I actually found out about this Sephora brand through reviews on influenster. I've always had issues with various brands of lipstick and lip stain drying out my lips, making them crack and peel, or getting everywhere (staining my clothes, getting on my teeth). I bought one color to test out, and finally found a formulation that works for me and couldn't be happier with it! This Sephora liquid lipstick has been a life saver, giving me the matte look I love, while at the same time keeping my lips healthier than past brands. I can use this for days before my lips start to dry. As for getting on my teeth and clothes, I havent had many issues in that respect. I noticed after my first few days wearing it, that if I let it dry after applying it, it lasts longer, and I dont have any accidental smudges. Some of the coloring does come off on my water cups, but not a lot and nothing compared to other brands I've tried. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because it doesn't last all day, though it does last for the majority of the day and it's easy to reapply. I can eat and drink, with minimal discoloration, I only notice discoloration at the end of the day when I've worn it for 10+ hours. Overall I love this brand, and cannot wait to try out more colors!
Ashley S.
Sacramento, CA
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
I never go a day of wearing this lip stain and not receive compliments and random girls asking where I got it. The color is gorgeous and suits a myriad of skin tones. I think that’s because it doesn’t have an orange or pink tone to it. It’s very much a deep red.
I have noticed that it dries my lips out after wearing it for most of the day and I need to add chapstick either to the top or before applying. Once chapstick is added it takes away from the “stain” of it all and it will transfer. I have dry lips always though so it may not have that effect on others.
Once it dries it doesn’t transfer easily at all and does stain the lips. It is not a pain to get off though and can be taken off with makeup remover or through washing your face.
Jasminne V.
Pittsburgh, PA
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
Let me be the millionth person to tell you that you NEED this lip cream in your life. If I could give this product 100 stars, I would. This is my holy grail red lip. The sephora collection cream lip stains will stay on your lips for an entire day and, believe me when I say this, not budge. Not one little bit. I have woken up from a night out with this lipstick still painted perfectly on my lips.

I will say that on me, personally, they are the tiniest bit drying. However, that is not enough to stop me from buying this again and again. The amount of girls AND guys who comment on the color is absurd. I have told many a random girl in a bathroom where my lip cream is from. I will attach some photos of the product on.

If you're thinking of buying this, just do it already. You will not be disappointed.
shera s.
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
I wouldn't really call it a "stain" but I love this formula for cream matte liquid lipstick. It goes on smooth, it's comfortable, it doesn't cake, crack, or flake off, it lasts a long time and I think it's a bit less drying even then my other favorites, Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick . I don't think my lips "wither" as much with this formula. I only have the color 01 Always Red, it is a classic deep true red and I get compliments every single time I wear it. It's very bold but super flattering with my skintone (I feel like it would be on most skintones).
Tianah L.
this cream lip stain is the best of both worlds. It has the staying
power of a stain with the pigmentation of a liquid lipstick. I have
tried higher end stains/ liquid lipsticks and wasn't totally satisfied. I
always felt like the stains didn't have enough pigment, so I would have
to layer it on. But with liquid lipsticks they would stay on pretty
well and had enough pigment but would dry out my lips so bad. This cream
stain from sephora is the best, I'm totally satisfied. It is honestly
so light I barely feel it, it stays on all day..for real, and the
pigmentation is great. Most important it does not dry out my lips AT
ALL.
Mirvelyn Santos C.
Everett, WA
Best stuff I have ever used!! I have always struggled with horrible acne, rosacea, scarring, and an uneven skin tone my whole life. I tried everything from drug store products all the way up to $300 prescriptions for acne and nothing worked for me until one of my coworkers introduced me to this! I use a dime size portion to cover my whole face at night and about 4-5 drops to cover my whole face during the day. (I use less during the day because it leaves a little bit of a tint to your skin and I don't want to look oily all day) I also put a moisturizer over the top of it at night. Within 2-3 days I noticed a HUGE difference!
joeny g.
Oakley, CA
Review for: 41 Vintage Rosewood more...
Dark liquid lipsticks are tough to master...
The SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick in Vintage Rosewood is a dark liquid lipstick, that although is a gorgeous color, it is one of the messiest and driest I’ve ever tried. I am truly more of an actual lipstick person myself, but I always like to try to give liquid lipsticks a chance to be a new favorite! These are lackluster and uncomfortable on the lips. The pigmentation is not consistent and although it is a cheaper liquid lipstick at Sephora, it’s better to save a little more money and get a $20 one from Anastasia Beverly Hills or Kat Von D
Brenda W.
Review for: 13 Marvelous Mauve more...
The perfect mauve color for all skin tones. This lip stain is easy to apply but be careful because it dries quickly! It only comes off with makeup remover, which is a great thing if you’re looking for a LONG lasting lip stain. Stays on even after eating and drinking, only needs a little bit of product to reapply.

The only con for this product is that it dries out your lips, but most long lasting lipsticks/stains will do that. I’d recommend moisturizing the lips before applying.

Overall GREAT product with a great price! SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick
Amy V.
Carbondale, IL
Review for: 01 Always Red more...
I can honestly say I’m a big fan of this product. Sephora has some high quality stuff that’s for sure. This was my first lip stain and every kept asking “what is it”, “how does it stay on like that”, etc. This product and that red color will always be my go to that’s for sure. It lasts all day but of course sometimes towards the end of the day it might start to come off a little and I didn’t have that problem very much with this product. I don’t think I’ve ever had to reapply at all. The color is vibrant and that’s what I love about it. It is a must buy for me!
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
I recieved a little sample of this in one of my monthly subscription boxes that i have and i was really surprised by this product! Its like a mix between a matte liquid lip and a creamy satin lipstick. When i seen the word stain i immediately thought sheer but this ended up being very opaque! Now it didnt dry all the way down to a matte but was still very longwearing and where its somewhat of a stain it fades so perfectly! The shade i had was a super bright red and it wore very well and ive fell in love with these ever since. Plus they are pretty affordable!
Janysa S.
Rochester
How does the color look when it's on your lips?
Karla O.
Laredo, TX
Is this kind of like a stain? Or more like a lip gloss?
Cady W.
Can someone let me know if this lipstick flakes at all? That's a big no no for me on liquid lipsticks and a girl's gotta know before buying! Thank you! :)
Rita W.
Bayside, NY
How long does the color stay on?
Jhanus C.
Elmont, NY
I've been wanting this for the longest is this worth it