BY SEPHORA

What it is:
A dry, makeup-removing sponge that allows you to switch colors without having to switch brushes.

What it does:
Inspired by a common makeup artist dilemma of how remove powder product from brushes without the drying time of a liquid brush cleaner, this sponge offers a dry alternative. The special material allows you to remove pigment from your brushes without brush cleaner formula. Simply swipe the brush over the sponge until pigment is removed and move on to the next color. The sponge is completely reusable and can be cleaned by washing it with warm water and soap or it can be sprayed with disinfecting brush cleaner for a quick cleanse.

What else you need to know:
This product is not tested on animals.

How to Use:

Suggested Usage:
-Glide any eye shadow brush in a circular motion against the Color Switch sponge to remove one color and then switch to the next color.
-To reuse or disinfect the Color Switch sponge, add a small drop of soap, run it under warm water, squeeze out all pigment, and lay flat to dry.
-For a quick clean, spray the Color Switch Sponge with disinfecting brush cleaning spray and lay flat to dry.

Precautions:
-If irritation occurs in the face or eyes, discontinue use.

About the Brand:

SEPHORA COLLECTION

Roxanne O.
Bakersfield , CA
This product works great ! It gets all of my pigment off of my brushes and even the strong pigmented ones also! I no longer have to use the back of my hand and thus a wipe or remover or hand soap to remove that. Or a napkin etc. seriously this tool has saved me a ton of headaches, time and products. It’s just FAR TOO EXPENSIVE for it being just a sponge in a tin!

I did some searching and on amazon you can get 3 of them for the price of one original Color Switch at Sephora. The amazon one and is also bigger than this one as well. I highly recommend this product, just not at the outrageous price.

I’ve been using this copycat of the “Color switch”. I found this for $4.98 on Amazon.

The product is Great! The sponge has a good texture that catches pigment, and it’s thick! I was worried it’d be low quality but it’s definitely not! The tin is durable. I know you can easily make this, but chances are I won’t be lugging my oxygen tank into a craft store to buy a sponge and a tin anytime soon. Besides, it’d probably cost just as much as $4.98 when you account for products, gas and time, especially. So I was pleased that I could have it delivered in two days through my amazon prime acct!

As for the name brand one, I can’t justifying spending that much.
Silvia C.
Renton
I really love having this product. My only regret in buying this is that I didn't get the mini size because it takes up a lot of space on my very small vanity.

As someone who uses brushes exclusively for powders and dry use, it works super well at getting colors off the brushes. It's very convenient to swipe my brushes over this and have them be ready to use. It's made me have to wash my brushes much less regularly and have way more flexibility with how many colors I'm comfortable dipping one brush into. Now I get to use my favorite set of brushes daily, without worrying about color contamination on my makeup looks (or in the makeup itself).

The sponge inside is also relatively easy to clean and has lasted me a long time now, undergoing many cleanings and not falling apart. I find this to be a really eco-friendly solution of keeping your brushes clean (not using makeup removes, napkins, cotton pads, etc that I would just throw out afterwards).

The price might sound steep for what it does, but I do find this incredibly useful and worth its money.
Janie T.
Porter , TX
Nothing’s worse that using a bright or dark color thinking you cleaned your brush off and then going in for a lighter color and boom the previous color is mixed in there. The color switch makes it easy from going from color to color with out having to use multiple brushes. Before I found this product I was double dipping into multiple colored eyeshadow. Whipping off on a tissue or using a a paper towel to take off excess product off my brushes in between colors.
Kimberly R.
Kyle, TX
I know it's just a sponge in a tin, but since I bought this for the first time right from the original created, I have since bought a replacement from Sephora and a second one for my daughter.   I can't do my make up without it and wondered how I did it before It!  I can't say enough good things about this product!  Run out and get one immediately!  You won't regret it!  Love,  love, love it!!!!!❤❤❤❤❤❤
Yanibell P.
Union City, NJ
I wish I knew about this product earlier. It saves so much time and it’s so easy to use. It’s an amazing asset to your makeup bag and I use it all the time. The way it cleans your brush making it seem as if its been just washed, it’s mind blowing. I think it’s especially useful when you’re on vacation and do not have time to deep clean your brushes
Sierra A.
Lorain, OH
This is such a simple but useful product. I’m someone who would rather spend money on makeup rather than brushes and this makes that possible for me. While doing an eyeshadow look, I don’t need 20 different brushes. I can use a brush, swirl it in this product, and use it again with a different color without them mixing and messing the look up. And since you’re not using as many brushes, that means there’s less brushes to clean afterwards. Who enjoys standing in front of the sink for 2 hours cleaning a ton of brushes? No one. I only use this for eye brushes so I’m not sure how effective it would be with face brushes but I would not recommend it. The product isn’t very deep so a bigger brush would over power it and the bristles wouldn’t get clean.
Tia F.
Rome, NY
I was super nervous about doing prom makeup this year, being my first time and not having enough brushes to just constantly keep switching them. Until a friend recommended this to me- i never knew something like this existed, which i should’ve 🤦🏻‍♀️ but I’m so happy that its very convenient and afforable. Literally changed my life
Veronica C.
Love, love, love. When I'm in a rush but I need to transition to multiple colors this is a life saver. I've tried making my own version and thought I did pretty good but I was wrong. I will be repurchasing this one again! It cleans even bright shadows. I can go to a dark or lighter shadow without worrying about mixing colors.
Shasha S.
I loveeee this product. Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.I love this top most brand.This  is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.I bought this from walmart store and it is also available in other stores like Fred Meyer,target,walgreens many.......It gives soft texture on skin. I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.Its better to search for offers before buying.Have different shades of color for different skin tones.I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.I am kinda shopholic ;) so love to buy and try different products ,brands and shades.It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.It has smooth  texture.I would definitely buy More n more n more...I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Taylor F.
Springville, NY
Before I got this I was wiping my brushes off on my hand 😂 but now that I have this it is SO easy to clean them when I’m doing my makeup, all I have to do is take the dirty brush and swirl it over the sponge thing and it’s clean! No need to use a different brush or use my hand I love it!
Mistie M.
Hermitage, AR
Is this for cleaning small brushes only or is it large enough to clean blush and powder brushes also?
Samantha K.
If this worked it would be amazing! Does it work?
Alissa I.
Hamtramck, MI
Does it really clean the brushes?
Alexa K.
Is this worth the money? I've seen people say you can do a DIY for this. Is that true
Okyana D.
Fairfax, VA
How do I clean it after it gets dirty?