BY SENSODYNE #69 in Toothpaste

Daily Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth Gentle Whitening Hardens Enamel Protects Against the Effects of Acid Wear* Wine Acids Fruit Acids Soda Acids #1 Dentist Recommended Brand for Sensitive Teeth+ Acid Protection Formula Help protect your teeth against the growing problem of acid wear Dentists have reported a growing dental health concern due to changing modern diets: acid wear .  Even teeth without cavities can be affected.  Acids in everyday food such as some fruit and acidic drinks like orange juice and wine can dissolve minerals from our teeth, softening the enamel surface which is then more easily worn away.  As the enamel becomes thinner, teeth can become visibly less white, weaker and sensitive. New Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening toothpaste is formulated to protect against acid wear and also gently yet effectively remove stains. see more...

• Has anyone seen results with this toothpaste? 5 Answers
  • How long does it take to notice real reduction in sensitivity? I've...2 Answers
  • Is this safe to use?5 Answers
Sensodyne ProNamel Gentle Whitening Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth
  • "My teeth were super sensitive and I started using this and now I can eat and drink with out problems." in 4 reviews
  • "It works very well and it's one of the best sensitive toothpastes that I've come across." in 2 reviews
  • "I love how my teeth feel and look using this and my dentist highly recommends it." in 2 reviews
  • "It is the only toothpaste I have found that I can use and not suffer when I eat ice cream!!" in 2 reviews
  • "The electric toothbrush definitely helped with the stains, but I think the combination of the two is really what did the trick. " in 2 reviews
Katherine H.
Katherine H.
Stony Brook, New York
I use this product not only because I have sensitive teeth but because the SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) in regular toothpastes gives me horrible canker sores. If I switch back to a toothpaste containing SLS, I'll have a mouth full of sores in 2 days! This also has definitely helped with my tooth sensitivity. It's not gone, but I can eat ice cream without tearing up again!

It's not as intensely whitening as other whitening toothpastes, but it definitely helps a little bit and I'm fine with having a less intense white in return for having a sore-free mouth and less sensitive teeth. Besides, I don't like having my teeth blindingly white, it looks unnatural on me.

I'd recommend this product to anyone with sensitive teeth, canker sores, and who's looking for a gentle, natural-looking whitening effect.
Emma G.
Emma G.
After five years of orthodontic apparatus being cemented on and sanded off of my teeth multiple times, my teeth were left extremely sensitive to the point where I had trouble with hot and cold liquids. I've been using this toothpaste for a couple years now, and I can definitely say that it has helped my sensitivity. I've used it with both an electric brush and a manual brush, and I have to say that when I use a manual brush it leaves my teeth feeling oddly gritty- absolutely no problems with an electric brush though. I don't know how effective it is at gently whitening, but I haven't noticed my teeth becoming more yellow so they're doing something right.
Liya S.
Liya S.
Brooklyn, NY
I have been using the Sensodyne ProNamel Gentle Whitening Toothpaste for the past month and it is, by far my favorite toothpaste that I have used. It foams up well and leaves my teeth feeling clean. I have noticed a bit of whitening but not much. When comparing this product to Colgate or Crest toothpastes, I far more prefer this product as I feel my teeth are being cleaned. I really enjoy the foaming of the toothpaste and after using the Sensodyne ProNamel Daily Protection toothpaste, as well, I find I prefer the Gentle Whitening far more. I highly recommend this product.
Liz R.
Liz R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
To start, I am a carbonated drink lover. I love Diet Coke and polar seltzer, specifically. These things unfortunately wear away at the enamel and it is starting to show in my teeth. They are now slightly sensitive and there are physical areas that are becoming sort of "see through" at the tip of the tooth. Before my teeth got worse u started using this product and the sensitivity is gone! While I cannot tell if they have gotten whiter or not, I am not really going to complain. This toothpaste will forever be the only toothpaste I will purchase!
Allison J.
Allison J.
Bonaire, GA
I have extremely sensitive teeth.if it's hot, cold or sweet....I can't eat it! My teeth also are very sensitive to harsh whitening strips. Sensodyne pronamel with gentle whitening is just what the doctor ordered! Literally! My dentist recommend I try this before I did any expensive whitening procedures and I'm glad I did. Sensitivity relief and whitening power doesn't happen over night but if you use it everynight then you will definitely feel and see a difference within a week!
n g.
n g.
Daniel Island, SC
I love pretty much everything sensodyne. I have slightly yellow teeth (when I don't use whiteners), I have a partially fake tooth (which can absorb food stains easier than regular teeth), and I have sensitive teeth (sensitive to temperature, mostly). Sensodyne has helped with all these issues, and feels good on my mouth. Some toothpastes taste really strong and I'm left not being able to taste/smell the world as well when I use them too often, but Sensodyne is a-okay.
Alex S.
Alex S.
Saint Louis, MO
This stuff is an instant game-changer. I have always had extreme sensitivity to cold and decided to try this stuff when I started having sharp sensitivity in my back teeth. The sensitivity went away in days and has never come back and my sensitivity to cold has significantly decreased. I can now have ice cream without cringing!! I should have done started using this years ago because I will never use anything else. Look for it in three packs at Costco for a good deal!
A.J. A.
A.J. A.
Atlanta, GA
I love this toothpaste because it helps rebuild enamel and prevents further erosion from acidic foods and beverages. This toothpaste also gently whitens rather than using a harsh abrasive on my damaged enamel. If anyone, like me, has an allergy to Sodium Laurel Sulfate, this is the only toothpaste I have found without that ingredient that still does a great job of leaving your teeth feeling clean and your mouth refreshed.
Laura B.
Laura B.
I've been using this toothpaste for almost 2 years. My dentist recommended it because I have sensitivity due to an early loss of enamel on many of my teeth. I can't say for sure that this toothpaste does a great job at whitening, but I truly believe it's helped with the sensitivity part. It's a rare occasion if I find myself being sensitive to cold foods or drinks anymore. I won't use any other toothpaste.
cindy p.
cindy p.
I have sensitive teeth and receding gums, so this toothpaste has been especially great for me. It is pricier than other more well known brands, but for me the additional price has been well worth it. Other brands can leave my gums feeling stripped, but this toothpaste is gentle enough to ensure my teeth are clean without damage to my gums. I purchase a 4 pack at Costco for roughly $22.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Calgary, AB
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does the Gentle Whitening Sensodyne feel as "Gritty" as the Extra Whitening Version does?
Mary L.
Mary L.
Northborough, MA
Has anyone seen results with this toothpaste?
Joseline A.
Joseline A.
Is this safe to use?
Brandi H.
Brandi H.
Is there anywhere you can get a travel size of this toothpaste?
Michela D.
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
I have been using Sensodyne for a few weeks. For those who did say their teeth looked whiter, how long did it take for you to notice?