Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.
Providence, RI

What's the best way to take it off? I own this and I find the acetone doesn't work as well as I want it to, I usually end up peeling it off and really hurting my nails!
Glorianna U.
Glorianna U.
June 24, 2014, 3:51 p.m.
I apply some acetone and let it sit a minute, then I use the removal tool that they sell, it's like a little metal scraper... it actually works pretty well. Also, if the acetone gets underneath the polish, I find it easy to just peel right off.
Jessica L.
Jessica L.
May 24, 2013, 9:40 p.m.
Everyone seems to be saying the right stuff. Acetone on soaked cotton wrapped in foil. BUT, it is important that you buff your nail before you do this. This will get the first layer of gel off, and the acetone will go to work more easily when it's soaking. It says it in the sensational directions, but it's a step I've forgotten before, and you definitely notice the difference. I hope that helps!
Katherine R.
Katherine R.
May 12, 2013, 6:44 p.m.
The way I remove ALL polish is by cutting a cotton ball into little nail sized pieces, dip them in acetone (you only have to put a tiny little corner of it in or acetone is going to run EVERYWHERE) and place on the finger. Let sit on the nails for 1-2 minutes and then press with your thumb and just swipe it right off. You may have to apply quite a bit of pressure to the nail with you swipe though. Start at the cuticle and press towards the tip. This method works for me even when removing glitter polish!
twee &.
twee &.
April 19, 2013, 6:23 a.m.
Never peel polish off, extra especially gel polish! you will ruin your nails :/ always file off the shine to break the seal of the topcoat, (do not file down to the nail or file the lacquer completely off!) then soak a cotton pad with pure acetone or a gel polish remover and wrap your finger tip with foil. soak for 10-15 mins and gently lift the now chipped and flaky polish off with a cuticle stick.
Joelle O.
Joelle O.
Feb. 14, 2013, 6:18 a.m.
Sensationails sells a product they call "Gel Polish Removal Kit" it contains a 4 way buffer, an orange stick and a bunch of foil squares with cotton in the middle of them. The directions are to buff the nail to break the top seal of the polish, soak the cotton pad with acetone, place the pad against your nail and wrap the foil around your finger. Leave for 10-15 minutes, gel polish should start to lift off your nail. Remove the foil completely and use the orange stick to gently take off the remaining polish.
Malissa D.
Malissa D.
Feb. 11, 2013, 9:33 p.m.
I usually wrap an acetone soaked cotton ball around the nail and leave it there for at least 10 minutes. Once I remove the cotton ball, the polish is WAY easier to remove.
Claire B.
Claire B.
Jan. 22, 2013, 5:49 a.m.
Let it start to fall off its self. or wrap a cotton ball or pad soaked in acetone and cover your fingers in foil for 5-10 minutes then it should easily come off :)

Join Now