BY SENECA

Seneca® Gluten Free Crispy Granny Smith Apple Chips.

Seneca the original apple chips.

Made from fresh apples. see more...

Mandi U.
Ballwin, MO
I'm obsessed with the Seneca fruit chips. I've tried them all, except for the sweet potato version. My absolute favorite is golden delicious flavor, in the yellow bag. It has a light sweet flavor. Next, I like the original, which is a crisp true apple flavor. Then, I like the cinnamon, which similar to the original, but has a dusting of cinnamon. The next flavor I like are the pear chips, which are actually similar to the apple chips, but seem a bit chewier (if a crunchy chip can be chewy? They're just kind of more dense) My least favorite is the granny smith version, which are a bit more sour. I like them, but I prefer the other flavors.

All of the flavors are similar in texture, but the pear are a bit more dense. They're super crunchy and somewhat healthy compared to other types of chips. I think they are cut to the perfect thickness. I have been buying these since they first came out and I feel like the quality has improved quite a lot. In the past, I found a lot of stems, cores and even seeds in the bags, but I haven't noticed that lately.

Another benefit is that they are gluten free! They all seems to have similar nutrition information. Each bag is 2.5 ounces and has about 2.5 servings. The serving size is 1oz. The golden, original, and pear are all 140 calories per serving; the granny smith are 150 calories. The golden and original have 7 grams of fat, the granny smith have 9g fat and the pear 6g fat per serving. The pear also have sunflower oil listed on the ingredients before canola, unlike the apple chips which list the canola before the sunflower oil. Even though they are made with oils, they do not seem oily at all. The original and golden have 30% of daily vitamin C per serving (75% of daily vitamin C per bag!) The granny smith has a little less, at 25% of vitamin C per serving, and pear only had 10% of vitamin C per serving.

If you are looking for the lowest cal/fat of them, I would suggest the pear chips. For flavor and vitamin C content, I would recommend the golden delicious or original.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure these are what Panara uses on their apple salad. I think crunching these up and adding to a salad with a fruity dressing would be delicious!

*if you found this review helpful, please ♥ it. Thank you!
Sheila R.
La Mesa, CA
These are my new favorite addiction right now. It has that slight acidic/sour taste that I love about granny smith apples but also a hint of sweetness. And oh that soft but crispy texture. It's truly addicting and completely guilt-free eating because it doesn't leave you feeling oily or full like chips. Can't put the bag down! I'm so happy my grocery has it in stock because it's not found everywhere. I wish it would. But it is online as well! Definitely must try!
Melissa P.
I tried these on a whim and I love them! They are crispy and just the right amount of sweet. They were pretty inexpensive compared to other sweet choices at the gas station. I'd love to try more flavored.
Andréa G.
Once that first fall leaf hits the ground you can find me in the produce section at my local grocery store stocking up on these apple chips! The cinnamon ones are too sweet but these are just right! My only complaint is that they don't come in a bigger size bag!
Latarsha S.
Columbia, SC
Omg! I am so hook on this product! It is delicious! My 4 year old loves them! Our favorite flavors are Granny Smith, and Carmel! YUMMY!!! #InfluensterPhotoBooth
Rebecca C.
I love these more than life itself. I have literally driven an hour away just to find this flavor. The stores near me don't carry the Granny Smith flavor.
MacKenzie L.
ROCKFORD, MI
These are definitely a balance between sweet and healthy. These are perfect when I have a craving for something sweet, or something like potato chips
Larisse K.
Elizabeth, NJ
THIS is my favorite beach snack. It's a refreshing and healthy alternative to regular potato chips and the sour granny smith taste is so tasty!
Heather R.
Oxford, OH
Fantastic product. I always crave a sweet treat after most meals and this is a healthy substitution to normal cookies or chips themselves
Nikki B.
Really love these apple chips, definitely a bit healthier than most other snacks but it really is hard to put the bag down!
Olivia F.
Ames, IA
Are these chips sour or no?