BY SENECA

Seneca® Golden Delicious Crispy Apple Chips.

Gluten free.

Seneca the original apple chips.

Made from fresh apple. see more...

Mandi U.
St. Louis
Review for: Apple Chips 2.5 oz more...
I'm obsessed with the Seneca fruit chips. I've tried them all, except for the sweet potato version. My absolute favorite is golden delicious flavor, in the yellow bag. It has a light sweet flavor. Next, I like the original, which is a crisp true apple flavor. Then, I like the cinnamon, which similar to the original, but has a dusting of cinnamon. The next flavor I like are the pear chips, which are actually similar to the apple chips, but seem a bit chewier (if a crunchy chip can be chewy? They're just kind of more dense) My least favorite is the granny smith version, which are a bit more sour. I like them, but I prefer the other flavors.

All of the flavors are similar in texture, but the pear are a bit more dense. They're super crunchy and somewhat healthy compared to other types of chips. I think they are cut to the perfect thickness. I have been buying these since they first came out and I feel like the quality has improved quite a lot. In the past, I found a lot of stems, cores and even seeds in the bags, but I haven't noticed that lately.

Another benefit is that they are gluten free! They all seems to have similar nutrition information. Each bag is 2.5 ounces and has about 2.5 servings. The serving size is 1oz. The golden, original, and pear are all 140 calories per serving; the granny smith are 150 calories. The golden and original have 7 grams of fat, the granny smith have 9g fat and the pear 6g fat per serving. The pear also have sunflower oil listed on the ingredients before canola, unlike the apple chips which list the canola before the sunflower oil. Even though they are made with oils, they do not seem oily at all. The original and golden have 30% of daily vitamin C per serving (75% of daily vitamin C per bag!) The granny smith has a little less, at 25% of vitamin C per serving, and pear only had 10% of vitamin C per serving.

If you are looking for the lowest cal/fat of them, I would suggest the pear chips. For flavor and vitamin C content, I would recommend the golden delicious or original.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure these are what Panara uses on their apple salad. I think crunching these up and adding to a salad with a fruity dressing would be delicious!

*if you found this review helpful, please ♥ it. Thank you!
Ashley S.
Mccomb, MS
These chips are wonderful. I love all the flavors these guys come in. They are so much better for you than regular potato chips. Delicious taste and fewer calories are always a plus! i usually buy a bunch of these at a time and place them in freezer. They last wonderfully in there. the only downside for me is how hard these are to find where I live.
Tracy V.
Oroville, CA
I love these as a quick snack on the go. They have wonderful flavor, not to sweet. I like to eat these with MaraNatha Caramel Almond spread, the combination tastes like caramel apples! The only downside is that there are a bit too many ingredients to be super healthy.
Rickeyta F.
Washington, DC
These chips are amazing. I have been eating these since I was a child. All of the flavors are good and it's a great price.
Lea G.
Oneonta, NY
Taste good, but there is a lot of ingredients in there for apple chips. Not going to buy again.
Victoria W.
Cntry Clb Hls, IL
Each apple giving a different taste this has to be one of my all time favorites ❤️
Christy L.
Ruskin, FL
This is, hands down, my favorite snack. I could eat a bag every day. That is how good they are. I like them all, especially the golden delicious. My least fave is the caramel, but even those are good.
Cara L.
Kitchener, ON
I wanted to believe these were a healthy snack but after reading the ingredients I will never eat them again. The taste is good but they're not a healthy alternative.