BeautyFaceFacial SkincareSelfless by Hyram
Salicylic Acid & Sea Kelp Pore Clearing & Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

by Selfless by Hyram

A serum with a blend of salicylic acid, niacinamide, and succinic acid to target imperfections and unclog pores without irritating or drying the skin. Skin Type: Normal, Combination, and Oily Skincare Concerns: Pores, Acne and Blemishes, and OilinessHighlighted Ingredients:- Salicylic Acid: Purifies pores and exfoliates skin- Niacinamide: Visibly reduces surface oil and improves skin tone- Sea Kelp: Maintains moisture and visibly calms redness and sensitivity. Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Selfless by Hyram Salicylic Acid & Sea Kelp Pore Clearing & Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL!
How would you rate this product?
Jax M.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Selfless by Hyram Salicylic Acid & Sea Kelp Pore Clearing & Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Jax M.
Hyram never disappoints. I use his whole line every day. He mentions to switch up the retinol and the mandelic acid so I do. Seriously cannot say enough great things about this line. Products last forever because a little REALLY goes a long way!
Zoe H.
Pittsburgh, PA
Selfless by Hyram Salicylic Acid & Sea Kelp Pore Clearing & Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Zoe H.
Great salicylic acid product! I didn’t give it 5 stars because the ingredients say it’s only 0.5% salicylic acid which is lower than other products. For me, I need a higher percentage (2%) to actually make a difference in my skin texture. However, I love that it is fragrance free and would be great for sensitive skin!
Sarah R.
I got this product partly to test out for myself and partly for my boyfriend who I’m trying to develop a skincare routine for. We both loved it! He had been having some breakouts on his forehead around where his hat band sat and this cleared them up right away and helped keep away any dark spots and/or texture that might have developed afterwards. It was extra gentle on our skin though and he never complained about a tingling like he has with other salicylic products. Plus, the packaging isn’t girly (a big requirement for him) and the squeeze tube is a very easy design to get every last bit out. Plus, it’s a price point you just can’t beat.
Ellie C.
Vancouver, WA
This was just a meh product, I didn’t notice any difference when using it vs when I didn’t. My oils still shined through, could be because of how lightweight the moisturizer was, my skin was over-producing. I found the packaging kind of messy too, it didn’t squeeze out the right amount, I would have to apply a ton of pressure for any product to come out & then it was wayy too much. I felt like I was wasting the product due to the faulty packaging. I love Hyram & everything his brand stands for, I would definitely try more in the future but I just wasn’t obsessed with this product!!
Ashlee S.
Portland, OR
I love this for when I am not struggling with a large breakout because the Niacinamide helps brighten my face and keep the oil control on my face while the salicylic acid is so gentle but effective. This made my skin smoother.
Patrick F.
Clovis, CA
This cleanser was just eh ok! It was a basic cleanser that didn’t really do anything for my skin. I like a more foaming face was and this was like using a cheap soap bar on my face. Then it made my skin feel super tight
Mia S.
Lewis Center, OH
Great for dry sensitive acne prone skin. Doesnt dry out or irritate the skin like other acne focused products do. I probably use more than is recommended and it has still lasted a really good amount of time. Consistency is key to seeing results with these products!
Jennifer M.
Selfless by Hyram Salicylic Acid & Sea Kelp Pore Clearing & Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Jennifer M.
Heading into Fall 2021, my face was reaching major maskne and stressne levels and I knew that Tatcha was the way to go for my evening face routine, but what about the day time? The products I’ve been trying and loving for the past 18 months were no longer doing it for me so after much perusal and research, I devided on Selfless by Hyram. Of this line, I’ve tried [product:selfless-by-hyram-salicylic-acid-&-sea-kelp-pore-clearing-&-oil-control-serum-1-oz/-30-ml] and [product:selfless-by-hyram-niacinamide-&-maracuja-daily-support-moisturizer-17-oz/-50-ml] (reviewed separately) and I LOVE THEM BOTH!!! Prior to using [product:selfless-by-hyram-salicylic-acid-&-sea-kelp-pore-clearing-&-oil-control-serum-1-oz/-30-ml] , my go-to was Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel but I found using the Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel everyday morning AND night was irritating my skin, making angry pimples pop up all the time! So, I’ve changed my skin care products and with the Tatcha calming set in the evenings and these two Selfless by Hyram products, my face has started to clear and be less irritated (in the mornings, prior to using the [product:selfless-by-hyram-salicylic-acid-&-sea-kelp-pore-clearing-&-oil-control-serum-1-oz/-30-ml] , I do spritz my face with [product:tower-28-beauty-sos-save-our-skin-daily-rescue-facial-spray-4-oz/-120-ml] and then press the The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment onto my face first). Neither of the Selfless by Hyrma products leave my skin oily at all (and no scent on this product) and I will continue to use both of these thru the Fall & Winter (for now).
Sherry G.
La Puente, CA
I received a free sample from pinchme for my honest review. I was very excited to try skincare products with acids in them as it is supposed to help a lot with blackheads and oily skin. I have combination skin and my T area is usually more oily than the rest of my face (not too bad though). I have been applying this serum for a few days now but don't see much improvement in terms of pore cleaning/oil control. The good thing is that it doesn't dry out my skin either, which is a problem a lot of acid-based skincare products have. I wonder if it's because it doesn't contain a lot of acid? Another good thing about the product is that it claims to be eco-friendly and sustainable. I'm mildly eco-friendly so I'm really happy I can use a product without feeling too guilty about the pollution/damage I caused.
Sabrina S.
Selfless by Hyram Salicylic Acid & Sea Kelp Pore Clearing & Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Sabrina S.
🔆 This is lightweight but I find this is very effective at keeping away breakouts. My skin remains clear and even 🔆 This is perfect for my oily skin, I find this reduces my oil production as well I think a lot of people were put off by the price point. But if this brand values aligns with your own I think it's reasonable to expect a higher price point. With The Inkey List being a parent company you still have very affordable options as well.

Looking for your answer?