Add a Photo
Secret Clinical Strength Smooth Solid Women's Antiperspirant & Deodorant Fearlessly Fresh Scent

By SECRET
#4 in Deodorant & Antiperspirant

Join Secret Mean Stinks in putting an end to girl-to-girl bullying. Get involved and visit us at MeanStinks.com for tips, tools and downloads.

Photos (128)
Stephanie J.
Stephanie J.
Dallas, TX

I had the opportunity to give Secret's Clinical Strength a try. Now, I have never thought to try them, before, because - hey - I didn't think I had a "clinical" problem with sweat.
I'm a rather normal gal and so I always pictured "clinical" needs as being something - well - medical. You know? Like... someone who you picture as having a legitimate issue with sweating.
But - hey - I'm a team player. I'm always willing to give things a try... especially something that is in the land of health and beauty.

I not only tried it but I keep on using it! What?
Here's the deal. I am a woman who is enjoying the magic of hormone-free menopause and, when I say "magic", I really mean "hell".

On top of that "magic", I also live in Texas. We're currently in the autumnal season which means we dance between temperatures in the 50's and the 90's... in the same day. I've got the outside temperature influence fighting with the interior influence of hot flashes and cold sweats all wrapped in my insane life schedule. While I don't have a medical problem with sweat, I have a life problem called - well - life.

This stuff really keeps up! I don't feel gross when I apply it because it's smooth and dry. I don't feel gross by the end of the day because it stays where it was applied. The scent is very nice, too. I'm a big fan of low or fresh fragrances. I do detest something overly-powerful in that area so it was nice to not open the box and be overpowered by baby powder. The scent I've got is called "completely clean" and it's like a very light hint of fresh laundry.

Give it a try, yourself. I think you'll be just as pleasantly surprised as I am.
Linda L.
Linda L.
Moncton, NB

I would be so lost if this product were ever discontinued!

As someone who sweats more than most, I've struggled with the embarrassment of excessive perspiration. For years I dealt with it by wearing layers and lots of black. It can be the dead of winter and I still have issues if I'm not wearing the right deodorant, since it's mostly stress-related. When the clinical deodorants hit the market, I was skeptically optimistic.

I first tried Secret Clinical Strength in light and fresh and I've been hooked ever since! It is more expensive than traditional antiperspirants, so I was hoping it was worth the extra cost. And boy is it ever!! The application is different than I'm used to. It is not a stick, but a "smooth solid." So basically, it's like a thick lotion consistency. I used this for a few months with great success before I read the packaging and saw you are supposed to apply this at night! I then switched up when I apply and find it works just as well. I apply 1 click at night before bed and another in the morning after showering.

Sabrina E.
Sabrina E.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the top was the smell! Clean and fresh is the best way to describe it. I applied the deodorant the night before just as the packaging said, which was a little strange since I am so use to doing that in the morning! The stress sweat protection lasted throughout the entire next day. Between all of the meetings, volleyball practice, and dinner with the in-laws I was underarm sweat free! The only criticism I have is that it didn't last 48 hours as advertised. Reapplication was necessary the following day to avoid any body odor. However, that wasn't big deal since I am used to applying deodorant everyday anyway. Overall impression...great smell and great stress sweat protection for 24 hours.
Aimee F.
Aimee F.
Bullhead City, AZ

I have tried about every deodorant made, but Secret is the brand that I always seem to go back too. I struggle with underarm moisture. When I found out about this new Clinical Strength, I couldn't wait to try it. I love the way the Smooth Solid just glides on like silk. I was skeptical at first that it would be too wet, but it wasn't at all. The scent smells so good, but yet it isn't overpowering. I don't want it to be competing with my perfume or body spray. It definitely kept all odors away even after a hot, sweaty workout! I definitely recommend this one. It has become my new regular deodorant.
Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Victor, NY

I seriously could not live without this deodorant!!!! I don't even know how I lived before this existed....wait yes I do the memories I've tried to block are coming back....pit stains every single day 😳 it was humiliating. Before I found this I was getting by with certain dri which helped with the stains but not always and stung so bad!!! This secret clinical deodorant came along and I have never looked back. I especially love the clean/fresh scent....this will last you a good 36 hrs dry and smelling fab as long as you dont workout or anything super strenuous. MIRACLE PRODUCT!!!
Emily K.
Emily K.

Hands down the BEST deodorant I have ever used. Lately, I've been really stressed ... let's admit it, no matter how good life is there are always stressful parts. I was noticing my previous deodorants that I was applying once in the A.M. weren't holding their own through the entire day. Then I found this and what a difference it made! I only have to use this once a day, and it keeps everything, I mean EVERYTHING in check. Its more expensive, I pay $8.99... But so worth it. If you are considering seeing a doctor about odor and perspiration, try this first!
SHEETAL V.
SHEETAL V.
Hghlnds Ranch, CO

No funky Biz!
I had tried so many from other brands and secret itself but this one has become my favorite because it delivers the protection it advertises and also stays clean on the garment I wear, be it black or some other color! There are hormonal changes which lead to underarm stinks in ladies after 20-25 of age. But this product changes the game entirely for me and I don't have to worry after even a lot of physical activity for 12 hours! It is not waxy and so unlike other gel products in the market and washes off easily in shower.
Kim M.
Kim M.

I personally love love love this product! I know what your thinking... It's just deoterant! But this deoterant is awesome! it goes on clear which is so nice because you won't have to deal with deoterant stains on your shirt! If your anything like me and you can smell your sweat through other deoterants this one is for you. I wear it all day and never even get a whiff of sweat stank! the container for this product is small which seems pretty negative but this product will last you months I swear!
Erin B.
Erin B.
Bloomer, WI

This deodorant has definitely been a lifesaver for me and is definitely for the higher price, you get what you pay for. So when I sweat like a man, and I've always been very self conscious about it. I even considered getting injections to close out some of my sweat glands, yeah it was that bad. Than I discover the good ol clinical strength deodorant, it works, really well! I've been using it for years now and will continue paying the extra cost to retain some of my pride when working out!
Jackie B.
Jackie B.

I live in a very humid Texas city so a good deodorant is a must for me. I kept going through different brands and nothing was lasting all day. Finally CVS had these buy one get one half off so I tried it. I love it! They not only have a really good scent but they hold back my scent! I've tried natural deodorants and they gave me rashes but this one didn't so I would say even if you have sensitive skin you should try this one. I will definitely keep a good stock of these babies.
Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.
San Fernando, CA

From a scale of 1-10 how good does this work?
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA

After using it for several applications does it lose its scent or start smelling bad?
Carlisa C.
Carlisa C.
Orlando, Fl

Do you feel like this really works?
Danielle D.
Danielle D.
Durham, NC

Is this really worth the extra money? Do you find you're still fresh at the end of the day?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, Fl

Does it leave a white residue?

Join Now