BY SECHE #47 in Nail Polish

• Available in a convenient travel size for on the go use
  • Provides silky look and high gloss
  • Durable high gloss shine
  • Has long lasting effect
  • UV Inhibitors

Seche Dry Fast Top Coat is a must for oily nails or nails that tend to chip easily. The patented formula allows the top coat to penetrate through the nail lacquer to the base coat, forming a single solid coating over the nail plate for a much more durable finish. Guaranteed not to yellow while leaving nails silky, stronger and resistant to chipping and peeling. Can be used on natural nails, nail enhancements and pedicures.

ingredients: Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1

Buy on Sally B...
  • "I normally keep nail polish on for 2 days before it's peeling so bad that I have to remove it but with this, I'm going on a week with still no chips or peeling." in 57 reviews
  • "Dries Fast, Dries Hard, Dries Super Glossy, Increases Wear Time, Hides Imperfections, Affordable, Gets Goopy Fast, Smells Strong, Contains Toulene" in 16 reviews
  • "To my surprise they were completely dry, no bubbles, super shiny, and from that moment on I ALWAYS used this product after painting my nails." in 13 reviews
  • "I recently started trying out nail art and never knew much about polish or nails before hand but I have to say this is the best top coat I have ever used." in 12 reviews
  • "It doesn't matter how bumpy or rough you applied your nail polish or nail art, this top coat smooths everything out to a nice finish." in 12 reviews
Nina B.
Saint Louis, MO
This product makes me sad because I cannot use it. I polish my nails 1 to 2 times a week and I am very in to nail art. After seeing so many positive reviews on this I RAN out to buy it. That is one of the pros of this, it is easily accessible, available at local drug stores, sally beauty, etc. When I first used this I was amazed! I applied this to my nails on my left hand first, and they were surface dry by the time I finished painting the last nail on my right hand. Incredible! It dries all layers of polish completely dry in a matter of minutes. The finish on this cannot be compared to any other quick dry top coat, it is super glossy and thick, looks like a glass finish - just beautiful, and, it does not smear nail art AT ALL! I was so thrilled the first time I used it, and I was able to go to bed soon after painting my nails with no fear of "sheet marks". Here comes the part that makes me sad - the next day I woke up and went to admire my glossy nails only to find my polish had shrunk, and shrunk horribly, and, it was ""crinkled"! It was a hot mess! I tried this topcoat several more times with the exact same result, so I did some online research to find how to remedy this. I stopped using cuticle oil prior to painting my nails - didn't help. I switched polish remover - didn't help. I have tried cheap to expensive to store bought to indie polishes - didn't help. I tried applying when the polish underneath was wet, and when it was dry - same result. I tried applying it away from the cuticles and closer to the cuticles - didn't help. One suggestion was to wrap the tips - I always, always do this, so that didn't help. As you can tell, I have tried everything to get this product to work. It really does make me sad that I cannot use this because it dries extremely fast, my nails feel very protected, and it has the most beautiful finish, unlike any other top coat I have found. I do know this issue does not happen with everyone so it may be something to do with each individual's chemistry. For instance, I gave this to my mother and she does not have this issue. She loves it! At least one of us can enjoy it!
Natalie A.
I used to hear a lot of people rave about this being one of the best top coats, if not the best. At first I believed them, but then I realized it's not true. This is kind of an overrated top coat. Definitely not the best, and not close to being the best either. The bottle is very tiny for the price point, and I find that after repurchasing it a couple of times, it only lasted me less than 6 months each time and I was never able to finish an entire bottle. The product would always end up drying up, or the top coat polish would get stuck around the opening and be impossible to remove, so I'd have to throw it away because it was never going to open up. The biggest issue, really, was the top coat turning into a thick gunk in a matter of months. I've had certain top coats last me a good year and a half before turning sticky and useless, so I know the longevity of this can be a lot longer than a few months. Yes, it does help your nails dry a lot quicker, that's the one pro I see to this top coat. HOWEVER, this will not be useful at all when painting your nails with brands like Essie, that chip extremely easily unless you have a very good and strong top coat to protect it with. I found that with this top coat, Essie nail polishes would look perfect for about four days before they started to chip really badly. My new top coat makes my Essie polishes last a good week and a half to two weeks. That's how you know. I definitely wouldn't recommend this top coat. Doesn't help with preventing chipping, dries way too quickly and you won't get your money's worth, and it tends to smear your polish if you're using multiple colors at once or doing a french manicure.
Debra N.
Newman, CA
I am in love with Seche Vite!!! When I was younger I always painted mt nails. Fast forward to motherhood - who has time for that. Fast forward 40 years divorced from abusive marriage, caretaker for 3 youngest disabled adult children due to abusiveness. Again no time. My psychologist said I needed some me time and to do something i enjoyed and loved to do.

Enter my nails ‚ô• Boy, painting nails have come along way and I am lerning as I go. You Tube video's, yep, watched as many as I could until I was crossed eyed. That's where I first heard about Seche Vite.

It dries my nails so fast, it's amazing. Great at covering up uneven flaws also. Someone else mentioned waking with sheet prints on their nails, that was me too! LOL not anymore.

another person mentioned it took on the color of your polish, you can purchase a reviver from Sally's (that you can use in any polish), add a few drops, it clears up the Seche Vite and also if any of your polishes have become thick it will bring them back to life so you can finish the bottle.

Seche Vite is the only name brand I purchase, money is tight, my polishes I pick up at the Dollar store, yard sales, wherever I find them cheap. I'm into stamping now, and Seche Vite makes them look amazing - lots of compliments!
Sarah Lee G.
Vacaville, CA
This quick dry top coat is my absolute favorite and between me and my teenage daughter we have gone through several bottles of this. It actually works, it dries your polish faster than any other quick dry top coat, spray, oil, etc that I have tried throughout my lifetime. It also helps to allow my nails to be chip free a day or two. I'm not sure what my personal problem is but it doesn't matter what brand of polishes I use high end or low end they all chip before I can really wear them out of the house. Even if I paint my nails long before bed and don't use my hands for anything until they are dry and go straight to sleep with them unchipped I wake up with chipped nails! When I use this top coat it takes a couple of days for them to start chipping. For my daughter who doesn't seem to have this issue it allows her to wear her polish a full week before needing touchups or removed and replaced. It also works well with nail art to even it out and add a topcoat of gloss without smearing or ruining the designs.
Lauren S.
I have a love/hate relationship with this top coat. Honestly, when you get a new bottle, this stuff is magical. Dries incredibly fast (<1 minute), is VERY glossy, and is thin in consistency and thus super easy to use. But once you get about halfway through the bottle, the formula starts to get incredibly thick and difficult to use. While the end effect is still glossy, I also notice shrinkage (where the top coat "shrinks" along the edges and no longer fully coats the nail polish underneath). Using it past the halfway point, it also gets stringy when you pull the brush out of the bottle. It's really impossible to use, so at that point I just buy a new bottle; it's really a shame that you need to buy a separate product to thin out the top coat for continued use. So, for me, I will repurchase just for the long lasting glossy finish and quick dry time. However, keep in mind you'll really only get optimal results for the first half of the bottle.
Sara Z.
Phoenix, AZ
I received this product free for review from my #ESVoxBox. All opinions are completely my own! My first impression of this was very high. These nail polished dry extremely fast, which was amazing to me, and made it easier to achieve the perfect manicure. The downfall for me was how easy it chipped off. The first time I tried it, it started chipping off after 2 days in pretty big chunks. Luckily it was pretty easy to fix. The second time I tried it, I went in the pool maybe 8-10 hours after putting it on and the nail Polish started falling off in chunks off of like half of my fingers. It was super disappointing. I give it a three star because the colors are super cute, it applies nicely, it dried amazingly fast, and the top coat stays shiny the whole time it's on. But the fact that the nail Polish doesn't last is a big disappointment. Not sure how I feel about it, but I'm curious to see if other colors do the same.
Jessica C.
Seattle, WA
This topcoat changes the game for me. I typically paint my nails in the evening on Sunday's before the new work week and it would never fail that my nails would be "dry" but really not dry because I'd wake up the next morning with crease marks on my nails from the sheets.

Not an issue with this stuff. Within 5 minutes I can pretty much do everything with no smudging, creasing, etc. It dries so glossy and shiny too - I always get so many compliments and questions on where I got my nails done and people are shocked that I do them myself at home.

If I could dock half a star I would and that is for the reason that some others have mentioned which is that once you get about half way or 3/4 of a way through the bottle the formula starts to get really thick and hard to work with. I heard they sell a separate thinner you can add at that point, but I have yet to find/try it.
Jina A.
Inkster, MI
This is the Absolute Best Quick-Dry Topcoat there is!I have been using this & mostly only this for years now.
I've used it on Acrylic&Natural Nails.
It really dries your nails within minutes,like less than 8mins&thats without a dryer.Using a fan or nail dryer you'll probably be good to go in about 5mins. (Depending on how thick the polish is.)I usually wear 2coats of color nail polish.
It doesn't smudge or smear your nail art designs,it doesnt make the color of your polish look different like some quick dry TopCoats & It has a really nice shine to it.I sometimes don't add a clear topcoat because the Seche looks perfectly fine without one.
THE only thing is when it gets a lil under half empty it turns thick kinda gooey like. They sell a thinner that you can add to it to loosen it up though.
I definitely recommend this it's Ahmazing!
Lina C.
Positives:

-Very quick to dry

-Leaves a shiny finish that makes it look like I've had my manicure professionally done.

Negatives:

- I also face the shrinkage issue, which I absolutely hate. :( For certain colors, it is possible to avoid painting Seche Vite to the edges of the nail, and that prevents a lot of shrinkage (though it still happens at the nail tip). But for light nail polish, like white, this is not possible, as not painting to the edge of your nail makes the mani look messy.

- This top coat tends to "brown" on the nails after about 3 days of wear. This is not a huge problem on darker colors, but again, on light nail polish, it's very obvious and ugly.

- The smell is extremely pungent, which makes me feel really uncomfortable about breathing it in.

So overall, I'm not a fan of Seche Vite top coat. Would not repurchase!
memory l.
Minneapolis, MN
Loved this top coat when I first got it! It literally held my whole entire life together when it came to my nails. I got it from my local Sally's beauty supply. It came highly recommended from the beauty consultant that was helping me, and I was very excited to try it! However when it came to like day 62 of using The seche vite top coat, it started to get gummy! Maybe because air was getting inside.. Whatever! Great top coat, shortly lived! I wish I could give half stars, but unfortunately that's an app thing... Because it's really important for the products I buy to last! As a consumer of a lot of beauty products, I try my best not to waste my money and if I can only keep a product for two months and it's supposed to last 6.. That's a problem! It does work! Just wanted it to have a longer life spand! ūüíč
Rachel E.
Bridgewater, NJ
Can u buy this in stores or just online? and how much is it normally?
Katie S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can I purchase this?
Holly G.
Columbia, PA
I have an issue with my polish peeling and chipping off easily after certain top coats are applied, anyone have that issue with this one?
Tira B.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Has anyone else noticed how quickly this polish becomes stickly in the bottle so quickly?
Brenda p.
What brand of nail polish is recommended for this topcoat?