Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Slim Portable External Hard Drive, Black uploaded by O V.Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Slim Portable External Hard Drive, Black uploaded by Mary R.

BY SEAGATE #2 in Hard Drives

Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Slim Portable External Hard Drive: 1TB expanded capacity Interface: USB 3.0 portable external hard drive Plug and play Holds up to 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video Compatible with Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7 and 8 and Mac OS X 10.6 or higher Style/color: Black slim external hard drive Includes Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable Drive, Seagate Dashboard pre-loaded on drive, 18" USB 3.0 cable, quick start guide, NTFS driver for Mac pre-loaded on drive see more...

• Is this fast and can it handle the full amount right away...1 Answers
  • Is this a good hard drive for the price and is it quick?2 Answers
  • I'm looking for an external hard drive to move everything...1 Answers
Buy on Jet.com
Rochelle N.
Techie Expert Level 1
I use this hard drive to save many files from my computer and laptops. I take many photos on my camera and videos when I vlog, so I transfer them onto this external hard drive. It's really good and hasn't crashed on me unlike some hard drives I've used and I totally lost all of my pictures on! It's a great size and easy to bring along. I use it also to store my school files and to back up my laptop files.
Anastacia C.
my computer has very limited space and so does my phone so i purchased this at best buy in order to get ll my pictures, videos, and documents all into one spot and know that there is more than enough room for my stuff. it is super sleek so it is easy to store and it is very satisfying that something so small can hold all my stuff.
Sarah W.
I recently received this as a gift, as I am worried about an old laptop loosing current data. The device is fairly easy to use and has more storage space than you'll ever need. Which, for an external hard drive, was exactly what I was looking for. Would recommend!
Caren W.
love this hard drive.  use it to store all of my photos of the past year until they are successfully copied to other backups.  Love the portability and reliability and always have it on me.  especially great for travel.  especially like that i was able to pick it up at our local Walmart for a great price
Kim C.
Techie Expert Level 1
This is a staple in my purse. I go to and from work and job sites with this. It holds so much stuff and it is very slim and never in the way. I love this device and recommend it for anyone who needs a back up. It will be the best back up purchase you need.
E L.
It's great for storing large files, photos, games, and documents, but it's not that durable. Within the first year (i handled it with extreme care too), the disc inside the drive got stuck and stopped spinning so i lost a lot of data (it was my back up drive). I sent it back (and accidentally forgot to take off the blue rubber case and never got it back) and got a new re-certified drive and after a few weeks of careful use, it wouldn't get detected by all computers anymore. Maybe I'm just unlucky with drives but so far, I'm not very impressed with how many problems I've had with this drive. Otherwise, while it worked, the drive was great, especially because it's easy to carry around.
Mary R.
Techie Expert Level 2
I recently purchased this for work. So far it has held the files I've been looking to back of (of course it has a lot of space). However I dos have some issues transferring files. Many of my older files had long names or something that gave it an error and it was unable to copy them. I was copying over entire folders that had hundreds of files in them so I wasn't able to tell which ones were the problem files. Not sure if this is related to the hard drive itself of a Windows issue.
Jeanette D.
Santa Ana, CA
I love my hard drive! I don't go anywhere without it.
I am a news reporter so this is so convenient for me to carry around and the fact that it's slim is so great i literally could put it in my back pocket (do not recommend you do that). The storage capacity is good I save my videos, finished and unedited I also save my pictures. I bought mine at Best Buy for $70.
Katie M.
Trussville, AL
Love this product! I use it for filming and backups and it's great! It's thin so it can slip into any bag pocket. It comes with a short usb cable which is nice because it won't tangle. I've never had any problems with this hard drive other than like most you can only use it on either a Mac or PC it isn't compatible with both.
Janie R.
I film beauty videos for youtube and since those are such large files it slows down my iMac considerably . With this I can save them on the hard drive and know that they'll be safe . It frees up space on my IMAC . I highly recommend this to anyone who keeps a lot of files on their computers/laptops/devices.
Megan B.
Atlanta, GA
Techie Expert Level 2
Is this a good hard drive for the price and is it quick?
Grace L.
Markham, ON
Techie Expert Level 2
I'm looking for an external hard drive to move everything to my PC to Mac, which hard drive would you recommend?
Karin Z.
Toronto
Is this fast and can it handle the full amount right away? I need to back up my old HD. Thanks