Scrabble Crossword Game

by Scrabble

#3 in Games

America s Favorite Word Game Ages 8 to Adult 2 to 4 Players Create your own F-U-N with the Scrabble Game! Take the challenge of making the best use of 7 letter tiles for just the right combination of wordplay, competition and fun. The Scrabble game draws family and friends around the board with the fun of building interlocking words and the competition for racking up big scores! Connect the classic wood letter tiles up, down and across the board to create distinct crosswords every game. Whether you play traditional rules or the rules for shorter gameplay, there s a new challenge every time you play. Contents: Gameboard 100 Wood letter tiles 4 Wooden tile racks Letter bag

How long does it take to get a voxbox?
Who still plays?
Start your review of Scrabble Crossword Game!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“This game is definitely a favorite for family game night.” in 1 review
“Really fun game, especially for teenagers or any bookworms who like to test the bounds of their vocabulary.” in 1 review
“My family, friends and I have so much fun and so many laughs while playing this!” in 1 review
“Such a classic game who could go wrong with it?” in 1 review
“We played this every night of our stay.” in 1 review
New York
Some people prefer playing Scrabble with only 2 people. I prefer to play it with 4 as you have more places to connect your own words and sometimes people just getting in your using placing a word where you were planing playing yours. It makes the game more fun, but I still play it with only 2 people as sometimes you just want to chill and don’t have a bigger group of people at hand.Your goal here is to make as much points as you can. Each letter has a number assigned to it. Every time you play a word, you sum your letter points and take note. Some squares in the board grid has special multipliers such as double your letter points or triple your word points. So it’s obviously not just about playing words, but you need a bit of strategy to be able to get the most of your words and the special points.If at any point you manage to use your 7 letters to form a word, you get a huge 50 bonus, which makes it more interesting.The game finishes when there’s no more letters left in the pouch and uses all of its own letters or when everyone passes or change letters 2 times.When I play it, everyone is usually very quiet and concentrating in form their own words while other player is thinking/playing. I usually don’t play with restricted time, but always try to play as fast as possible.Some people think Scrabble as a boring board game as it’s not as dynamic as other board games can be (for example Ticket to Ride). But I do recommend it for people that like to test their language skills, children that already have a small vocabulary and even English students that need to remember the new words they’re learning and build their vocabulary.
The Dalles
This classic game is always a go-to when family comes to visit. Not many of us can decide on one show or movie, but nobody hesitates to gather around our Scrabble board and see what weird words we can come up with. The box is always organized because it comes with bags to contain every little bit, even a cloth drawstring bag for the letter tiles. This makes it almost impossible to lose any pieces, and there's even extra room in the box to keep a score paper and pen. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys board games or word games, and even to people who are unsure. It's also a great learning opportunity to children and adults alike.
Gallatin
I used to play this with my mom and sisters growing up, and to this day it just reminds me of trapped in the house snow day with nothing to to but play games and watch movies! I think scrabble is the coziest board game you could play. Just imaging sitting at the table with your friends or family, it’s a cold rainy day you’ve got the fire place on, your lounging in your pajamas and you’ve got a cup of hot chocolate in your hand. Even if you don't like spelling this game will get you thinking and will turn into an all out war wheather you are an adult or kid. It's always and will always be fun!
Phoenixville, PA
Having played this game since I was a child, it never gets boring. It's the original "word" game.  And when you play with someone who's a bit of  trickster and makes up words, it's delightful to call them out on their failed efforts to cheat and have them lose a turn.  Yeah. I'm THAT Scrabble player. I challenge every word I'm unsure of..and I'm 99.9 percent correct!  Personally, I also think this is a great game for parents to play with their kids. It teaches them to use their mind in such a positive way.  I'm glad this remains a classic!
Gainesville, FL
Scrabble is one of those family board games that can be so much fun but educational as well! I have really expanded my vocabulary so much through the use of this game. It is affordable and you can buy it at most stores. Even kids can play with each other in order for them to learn how to spell new words as well as further their definition knowledge. My hubby and I are both teachers and as lifelong learners we use scrabble to continuously expand our vocabulary, plus there's nothing wrong with some fun and friendly competition!
Gilbert
Scrabble is a word game for 2-4 players. It can be played in 45-90 minutes, although this time is greatly dependent on the skill and pace of the players. Scrabble is a game for anyone 8+, although it is important to make sure that each player can form basic words and understands the concepts of game play. For some children, this is younger than 8, for others, it might take a bit longer.

This is my husband and my go to game, when its just to two of us!!

This is my husband and my go to game, when its just to two of us!!
Eufaula Ok
My family loves this game. I remember playing with my mother when I was a child and at almost 50 I can't wait until my grands are old enough to play. Good times were always had with my kids. Great game as well as educational too. I have 3 of them to be honest thats how much we love this game. One of them was my final gift from my mom before she passed away. It's on a lazy susan for easy play. Worth the extra money for everyone to be able to view better.
Birmingham, AL
I grew up playing scrabble and always loved it. Sadly my daughter recently told me that we seriously dropped the ball in her board game education. Amazon to the rescue, I ordered the game and it was delivered the very next day. I can happily say we have played many games of scrabble and she loves it just as much as I do.The board is a little flimsy but you just have to be careful. I love the drawstring bag to keep the letters in and the plastic letter stand work just as good as the old wooden ones.
Oconomowoc
Definitely a classic! Have been playing Scrabble for years and it always is so much fun to play. It helps you work on spelling and really gets you thinking. Helps with word development and encourages you to learn new words and even open up a Dictionary to find good words for a better game of Scrabble. A fun way to come together as well as learn! Fun for all ages! This game never gets old. I will always have Scrabble in my home
Spokane
Scrabble Crossword Game is a fun game that really gets your mind going. It most definitely meets my expectations.  I would definitely recommend this game to other parents. A great hands on way for children of all ages to learn and spell words. Then for a child that is a little older the fun is in trying to think of words and strategically place them to get the most points. I have always loved Scrabble.