Add a Photo

By SCOTCH-BRITE
#5 in Sponges & Scouring Pads
Reach for the Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge because sometimes the mess is just too tough for a regular scrub sponge. From grunge on the grill, to pots and pans that sat overnight, get it done right. They are ideal for tough messes and wipe and...
Photos (2)
Nea V.
Nea V.
Pleasanton, CA

These good old fashioned sponges are still the best. They last a long time, and can clean most anything. If you need anything heavier, get SOS or Brillo pads. The scouring side is tough and abrasive, and the soft side finishes the job. Other "newer" style sponges don't have near the scouring power these do. And "dobies" are pretty much only good for scouring, 'cuz they don't have a soft side. They also don't last as long.

Sponges do gather bacteria like anything else you keep in your sink. If they start to smell, all you have to do is put them on a plate, scouring side down, fill them with water until they're "full" to the point where water runs onto the plate, and nuke them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Wait five minutes, take them out, and you have a brand new sponge! You can do that every week, and they'll last you a while.
Marilyn B.
Marilyn B.
New Braunfels, TX

I love these sponges and buy them every time. They are priced reasonably so when they get too dirty, I don't mind throwing them away and getting a new one. I like that one side is a sponge and the other is a scrub pad. I like the color because when the sponge gets too dirty, you can see it. I like to use sponges for everyday cleaning because they are so absorbent and you don't have to constantly wring them out, plus they are sturdy and last very well. Occasionally, I'll put them in the dishwasher and clean them when I clean my dishes, but I usually just toss them when they get too dirty. I use them in both the kitchen and bathroom.
Tabitha S.
Tabitha S.
Canton, MI

These sponges are a classic tool that I have used all my life. They are great for just cleaning up the counter and can even be used for tougher jobs. I used the scratchy side recently to clean paint off my laminate floors. Thankfully it worked and didn't scratch! I will forever have these in my kitchen, I just wish they didn't get so stinky so fast. All sponges do, these just seem to get gross quickly because they are so thin.
Yoly E.
Yoly E.

So i have a live hate relationship with this sponge. I live how well it cleans and that it last a long time thats the love. The hate part is that it smells like chemicals when u first unwrap it and the water runs yellow from the sponge for the first couple washes even when you rinse ut before using which i hate. I do however continuoulsy buy this sponge and have do for some years. I try others j. Between but come back
Linda C.
Linda C.
Waldo, OH

Scotch Brite Heavy Dute Scrub Sponges are the only scrubbing sponges I use. When I find a product that works well, I stick with it. I use the Scotch Brite sponges everywhere in and outside of our house. It works great on baked on foods on the outside grill, as well as the oven in the kitchen. Definitely recommend these sponges. They keep their shape and don't fall apart like the cheaper ones do.
Franchesca D.
Franchesca D.
Spring Hill, FL

They are easy to find at the store, usually in multiple pack sizes so I can get the best unit pricing. I like that the sponge is durable. Other sponges I've used break apart or kind of disintegrate and that is very frustrating. But this brand has held up even through being put in the dishwasher. And the scrubbing side is firm enough to get stuck on food off without scratching my non-stick pan.
Em B.
Em B.
Normal, IL

I am the house director at a sorority house which means a handful of different dishwashers coming through the kitchen when the chef is not working. These sponges last a solid amount of time for how much they are used. I also like that I can clean them by wetting them and putting them in the microwave for 90 seconds. I will be stocking up on these as the girls come back to the house soon!
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Baird, TX

I am a mother that cooks fairly often and also one that doesn't own a dishwasher. I am constantly cleaning not only pots and pans but also dishes that don't require much scrubbing. These dish sponges have a rough side for my pots and pans and a soft side for more delicate dishes. I get many many washes from one sponge. More than I have gotten out of any other sponge that I've tried.
Sara B.
Sara B.
Richland, WA

For heavy duty extra grimey pans that need a good scrubbing I am always reaching for my Scotch Brute Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges! My family has been using these heavy duty green machine sponges for years and years! I've never had a kitchen with out them! They are heavy duty enough to clean up any mess! Yet they are gentle enough not to scratch up or damage the most delicate surfaces!
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Panama City, FL

I actually use the scotch brite heavy duty sponges that are attached to a handle that despences soap right into the middle of the sponge. It's a great product and you don't have to get your hands nearly as wet and soapy doing so. Heavy duty is true too, every once and a while I've got to apply a little elbow grease but more times than not, everything comes off with ease.

Join Now