BY SCOTCH-BRITE #9 in Sponges & Scouring Pads

• Besides dishes, what other thing can you use these for?4 Answers
Buy on Target
Samantha P.
Glendale, AZ
Have you ever found a plate that went missing 2 weeks ago? The contents used to be apple sauce but when something is hidden for more than 2 hours the apple sauce becomes an apple rock? Well that happened to me. My 2 year old hid her favorite plate from me and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. When I finally did I had to soak it in hot water for about 2 hours just to make it so I could scrub the apple sauce off. Luckily I had these sponges which helped with that task. most other sponges just rip or break when heavy duty work is needed but these things work so well!!
Kayla B.
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think my household has even been introduced to another sponge. My family loves this product. The fact that it has two sides is the biggest bonus. Great value and they are sold everywhere. They go beyond just dishes, when cleaning around the kitchen, or tough to get out stains I can use either side of the sponge and it will get the bon done. Definitely would recommend these, when my college suite goes shopping I always make sure we buy these, the girls love them. And they last a long time.
Taylor B.
I love these sponges. They aren't as cute as the more colorful or decorated ones in wavy shapes, but the green scrubber is way more durable than the scrub side on those cute sponges. Definitely look for a sponge with a scrubber whether you're dealing with dishes with stuck food, or trying to remove bath scum from your tub. I like that these come in packs so that you can immediately separate kitchen food sponges from other cleaning sponges.
Sara C.
Huntsville, AL
Great at removing egg from pans, baked on grease, etc. Get you some soap and hot water, and it works great. I think it's less damaging than steel wool, and they're not too expensive. Throw it in the dishwasher to sanitize, and use until it falls apart. I like to cut them in half the make it last even longer, as I don't really need the whole sponge all at once. (though that may be due to having tiny hands and not overly large dishes)
Melanie E.
Portland, OR
Mega Parent Expert
This is my favorite out of all different scoth brite sponge! I tried the pink one and the blue one but this one it the thoughest! And it last! The other color they dont last long, they gets soggy and doesnt absorb the liquid soap anymore and it doesnt give you alot of bubbles so you have to put more liquid to clean your dishes! I recommend this heavy duty scoth brite than other brand and than other scoth brite sponge.
Kameika B.
Salado, TX
Love these sponges for getting rid of tough dried on food. It's a good value for the price, would be nicer if cheaper. But a tip is to save them, wash them in the washing machine (don't use the dryer, just air dry), if they're not to raggedy and repeat use. They hold up to a decent amount of abuse, so you can keep using until they fall apart as long as you clean em regularly and don't let mold and bacteria grow.
Meghan C.
Pasadena, MD
I don't have the best pots and pans due to being a broke college kid, so a lot of what I cook sticks to the pan. This sponge is rough enough to get all that off the pans and leave them looking new. It's readily available at any Walmart and are pretty adorable. Whenever it gets a little too gross but not ready to toss, I just rinse it well and toss it in the top rack of the dishwasher on sanitize mode.
Kimberly R.
Richmond, TX
Great sponge that doesn't fall apart quickly. I can use this for over a month with no problems. I'd rather pay a little more for a sponge that lasts longer. It's a little hard in the beginning but it softens after about 2-3 uses. The green side removes any oil or food residue very easily without damaging the pot or pan. I have no complaints about this product and will repurchase when I run out.
Elizabeth S.
Green Bay, WI
These Scotch Brite sponges are bleeding yellow dye all over my white kitchen. When I called SB up, they told me this was normal, and I could clean it up with Pine Sol. So I buy a sponge to clean up a mess, and then you want me to clean up the mess the sponge makes? I threw out the Scotch Brites and bought something else. I am unsurprised to come here and find other with the same problem.
Haylee V.
Island Lake, IL
I'm a cleaning lady so I know a good sponge. Scotch-Brite with the green scrub side and yellow sponge is the best songs you can use. I've tried other brands and other Eco friendly or non scratch sponges. None of them work as well as this one. One tip: don't use the green side on stainless steel. It will scratch it and ruin whatever stainless steel appliance you're using it on.
Lacey F.
Mega Parent Expert
Besides dishes, what other thing can you use these for?
Nelly A.