Add a Photo

By SCOTCH-BRITE
#12 in Sponges & Scouring Pads
Scotch-Brite Greener Clean Natural Fiber Scrub Sponges clean utensils and household surfaces in a greener way. They have a scrub side made from 50% natural agave plants and a sponge side made from 100% natural materials and recycled paper. These...
Photo (1)
Layla S.
Layla S.
Plainville, CT

It seems like these little things last forever! When we first moved into our house several years ago, I bought a set of these. It was years before my husband asked me to order more. I don't know what made me order these, as I always bought the blue or yellow sponges in our old house, but I'm glad I did. It costs so much less to buy these, and for some reason, these just do not stink like the other sponges stank. I don't know what causes the other ones to get so rank while these stay so fresh, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. ...I mean, I ASSUME these are not made of unicorn horn or something.

Anyway, these are fantastic and they're so unassuming. They just sort of blend into the background with their neutral color and their lack of stinkiness, and they last so long! I almost feel bad that they do, since I love them so much more than the other sponges (is it weird? it feels weird to love a sponge - I don't usually leave reviews for SPONGES) I would buy more just to show my support for awesome sponges.

Yeah, this review is getting weird now. It sounds like I'm crushing on a sponge. In conclusion: Best sponge I've ever used. Actually got me to write a rave review about a /sponge/. Do buy sponge. ...Must stop typing sponge, it's started to look weird on the screen...
Angel J.
Angel J.

From the manufacturer ;
Scotch-Brite, the brand you know and trust, has created a line of effective cleaner products made from natural and recycled materials. Scrubbers are made with natural scrubbing fibers from the agave plant, a highly flexible, renewable resource that is used to make a variety of things, from sugar substitutes to tequila to ethanol. The Scotch-Brite Greener Clean Natural Fiber Non-scratch Scrub Sponges non-scratch surface is made from 50% natural agave plant. The sponge contains 100% natural materials, of which 23% is recycled paper.

Effective , efficient, lasts long AND helps preserve mother nature, what more do you need ? All you need to buy is 2 sponges to last about 1 - 2 years but the 6 back is great for if you want to stock up or you're using them for restaurants. They don't scratch delicate dishes and glasses as most brands are known to do. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this brand.
Evelyn P.
Evelyn P.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I LOVE these sponges! I will never use any other type, unless they stop selling these! Not only do I feel better about not throwing away so much plastic products when I change out sponges, but I don't have to throw sponges out as often. These natural finber sponges stay cleaner for soooo much longer! They never start smelling rotten like most synthetic fiber sponges do. If you've ever had issues with your songes smelling really bad before they need to be thrown out, try these out! I have literally a whole Costco-sized box full after trying them out for the first time.
Caitlyn S.
Caitlyn S.
Long Branch, NJ

At first I was extremely suspicious of these particular sponges because they claim to not scratch the surface and it's "all natural". So, I gave it a try and I have to say, I'm very impressed. I bought a 6 pack a month ago and I'm still using the first one. I cook almost every night and I do my fair share of cleaning dishes. It does get off the gunk and grease on the bottom of those pans. They don't scratch any surfaces and it's just as heavy duty as scotch brite heavy duty. I'm hooked.
Liz H.
Liz H.

I love the fact that these are green and much safer and better for our environment. Personally, I go through a few sponges a year. We cook as much as we can at home and the pots usually can't go in the dishwasher. This does the job most of the time. It cleans most things except for tough sticky or burnt food. For those, I would use heavy duty types depending on the surface. If it's a coated surface, I just try to get it off with the soft side of this sponge or by hand.
Monse V.
Monse V.
Austell, GA

Anyone who has washed dishes by hand knows that you either use a dish cloth, a brush, or a sponge. The dish cloth and sponge are interchangeable, but personally Ihate using dish cloths because they stink REALLY easily after about a day or two of usage. The sponge, in my opinion, is more for heavier duty usage and better scrubbing. Plus you can just toss the sponge away when it gets to the point where it's unusable.
katie l.
katie l.

One of my most successful purchases of sponges. The great part was this came in a pack of 6 so I did not run out of sponges for a while. Each sponge can go about a whole month with proper cleaning. You can just pop them in the microwave each time to get all the bacteria away and use them like they are brand new. the scrubber on the back helps for getting grease off the stovetop and off pans when dishwashing.
Pablo D.
Pablo D.
VE-0102273 Pablo Hernandez 11800 NW 101st Rd. Miami, Fl. 33198-1044

I was reluctant to buy these because... well sponge. And sponges are essentially something that you have to throw away frequently because you can't keep them sanitary; but I'm so glad I bought these. They really work well and I've been using my crockpot a lot, as well as baking some sticky things and they clean my pyrex bakeware and the ceramic of my crockpot without scratching the surface.
jane c.
jane c.
Culver City, CA

Okay, so i bought in the marketing of going "greener" with these sponges but have been quite disappointed. They just don't work as well as the standard scotch-brite, ends up soggier than usual, and falls apart quicker. So pricier, and will have to replace more often. For something disposable, i guess you can't go that green. so i'm back to my tandard extreme clean sponges

Join Now