Scotch-Brite Basic Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge

Kosher

WhhAts the difference between the blue and yellow?
Can you wash these in dishwasher
Start your review of Scotch-Brite Basic Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge!
Littleton, CO
I cook a lot. My husband bought me all stainless steal skillets about four years ago. I use the Scotch Brite Non Scratch Scrub Sponge at least three times a day everyday cleaning those pots and skillets. I have never had a single scratch in on any of them using the non scratch sponge. Plus, instead of going through a box of steel pads weekly, this sponge outlast all of them and saves me money. Also, when I clean my stove top, I use the same Scotch Brite Non Scratch Scrub Sponge and it has never scratched or harmed the paint on my stove (or refrigerator!). Excellent product, great price and best of all, it is dependable each time I use it.
Melbourne, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is my everyday sponge and another item I stock up on at Sam's Club. These sponges are very versatile and just like the name implies, they do not scratch my cookware or bake ware which is very important! I usually  throw them in the top (1st rack) of dishwasher to sanitize and I have done this up to 4 times per sponge before and these things just don't come apart! They are great When I feel like I am finished with it and it just "time" to move to the next sponge, I usually use it to quick scrub spots on the floor prior to mopping.
Charleston, SC
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Scotch-Brite Basic Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge uploaded by Bekah T.
So I’m a frequent cast-iron skillet user and this is exactly why I love these sponges. Since you can’t wash cast-iron with soap (seriously y’all, take care of your stuff) and you can’t be TOO abrasive with it either, it’s important to have an effective non-scratch material for cleaning them and these are it! All I need is hot water and these lovely sponges to get off literally anything, including burnt on food. I also use these to clean my stainless steel pots and pans and sometimes they head to the bathroom to get rid of grime!
dikernis
I've been purchasing these sponges for years and always liked them. About a month ago I purchased a new package. I noticed immediately that they felt lighter and when comparing to a couple of old sponges I used to have, it was clear what happened. They are now making these sponges with larger air holes and therefore less material, probably to save on production cost. I agree with the other reviewers - the sponges do not last as long and are not nearly as absorbant. Too bad. Until they fix this, I won't be buying again.
Albany, NY
Purchased at: Walmart
Love these sponges!! I first purchased them when I moved out and got my own place, and now it’s 3 years later and I always have a pack under my kitchen sink. The scrubbie side makes it easy to get stuck-on messes but without causing any scratches on non-stick pans (which is all I use). They are very affordable and last me a while, especially since I live alone and don’t have many dishes. I will definitely continue to buy these for years to come and totally recommend!!
Friendswood
I like these sponges. A 4 pack covers my whole house for a few weeks, so I don’t have to buy them often. I throw mine in the dishwasher to clean them between uses. I love the scrub side of the sponge, it gets off stubborn food from dishes and stuck on grime from other surfaces. These are less abrasive than some other sponges, so they are safe to use on most surfaces. I would test a small area before using them to make sure your surface won’t be harmed or damaged.
Hillsboro, OR
I use these everyday. I swear by them and I won’t buy anything else. They hold their shape, but are easy to break in and ring out. They seem to resist getting that gross sponge smell, mind you we change them once every 7-8 days because we do a lot of hand washing and I am always careful to ring it out well in hot water and let it dry out in a sponge dish on the counter. The scrubby bit has never come away from the sponge bit. Mark of a good sponge. Do recommend.
Anaheim, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I like hear sponges and typically get them over any other brand but I will say, the “rough” side isn’t very rough. I feel like I’m having to do a lot of work to get any benefit and sometimes I apply too much pressure, apparently, and it starts to fall apart. I also don’t like how it never seems to smell good for very long. It can get smelly quickly which is never a good thing when you’re leaving it on or by your kitchen sink.
Hghlnds Ranch, CO
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I use these sponges for everything. Dishes, bathrooms, household cleaning, windows, baseboards, blinds, all of it! They are great, I have a touch of OCD so I throw them in the dishwasher every time it gets run so they don’t get super icky smelling right away. They will usually last a good three to four weeks depending on the amount of use they get. The one I use to scrub the shower will usually last all year!
Frisco, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I remember my mom buying these when I was a kid so these are really the only sponges I know. When I started buying my own sponges it was just natural to pick these up because I knew they worked great at cleaning my dishes and I was familiar with them. To this day even though there are cheaper options out there I will still pick these up because they are just what I prefer after years and years of using them.