by Hill's Pet Nutrition
Ask a Question
Deborah Ann N.
Deborah Ann N.
Cairo, GA

Does anyone know why they changed the formula?
Connie J.
Connie J.
Aug. 26, 2014, 8:08 p.m.
I didn't know that they had
Autumn N.
Autumn N.
March 10, 2014, 8:20 p.m.
Idk but they did something right because my cat loves it.
Kathleen H.
Kathleen H.
May 22, 2013, 8:18 p.m.
My vet recommended it
Christina K.
Christina K.
May 4, 2013, 12:13 a.m.
They are slowly changing the formulas, so far I've seen them change the puppy food - it looks almost completely different (if you have ever seen their prescription food Dry i/d, thats what it looks like). They are making it without corn (but from what I can tell, they still have other grain products in it - and I think they still have corn as the #6 ingredient in the adult food)
Sophia F.
April 15, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
No idea
Sophia F.
April 15, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
No idea
Keyona W.
Keyona W.
March 22, 2013, 10:46 a.m.
My hubs and I had no idea they changed anything until we went to Petsmart yesterday to go and buy more dog food. We just got a little bag to make sure our dog would be able to handle it in case it makes him sick or something.
Katie V.
Katie V.
Feb. 7, 2013, 5:26 p.m.
They are suppose to be changing to make some of the foods more natural and healthy. Probably because they get so many complaints because of the cheap unhealthy ingredients they put in their food!
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
Jan. 10, 2013, 6:49 p.m.
No idea, that was a bad move.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Dec. 21, 2012, 10:30 a.m.
Probably price cuts.
Megan M.
Megan M.
Dec. 10, 2012, 7:53 a.m.
Something to do with the amounts of corn and gluten in the original formula?
Haydee R.
Haydee R.
Dec. 9, 2012, 3:44 p.m.
Customers demands for better quality
Leigh-Anne H.
Leigh-Anne H.
Dec. 5, 2012, 4:16 p.m.
I know they've been planning to for about a year now. They've been slowly rehauling the company and changing their formulas for treats then wet now dry food. I think it's because more and more pet owners are looking for natural ingredients. It could also be a push from the government to all dog/cat food industries since in the past 5 years a lot of them have been pulling food from the shelves for contamination/mishandling/etc.
patty a.
patty a.
Dec. 3, 2012, 6:12 p.m.
Good question...
Marie P.
Marie P.
Dec. 2, 2012, 2:35 p.m.
I would write them an email or write to them on the Science Diet facebook page. You always get answers there, they don't want any negatives brewing up that way. If that doesn't work then I would call them.
Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.
Dec. 1, 2012, 7:58 p.m.
No idea why.
Gabby Y.
Gabby Y.
Dec. 1, 2012, 4:01 p.m.
Customer Complaints, change in flavor, cheaper supplies, and sometimes they find out new things medically about nutrients that might just be better for the dog.
Morgan L.
Nov. 29, 2012, 10:36 a.m.
They also do it because of customer complaints.
Morgan L.
Nov. 29, 2012, 10:35 a.m.
Sometimes they do it to change the flavor, save money, or if current ingredients are limited.
Vanessa
Vanessa
Nov. 29, 2012, 10:03 a.m.
I have no idea. I have heard rumors that they might be using cheaper alternatives, but it's not certain. I sure hope not!

Join Now