Science Diet Dog Food
#50 in Dog Food
Deborah Ann N.
Deborah Ann N.
Cairo, GA
Does anyone know why they changed the formula?
Connie J.
Connie J.
Sapulpa, OK
3 years, 1 month ago
I didn't know that they had
Autumn N.
Autumn N.
3 years, 6 months ago
Idk but they did something right because my cat loves it.
Kathleen H.
Christina K.
Christina K.
Prt Washingtn, WI
4 years, 4 months ago
They are slowly changing the formulas, so far I've seen them change the puppy food - it looks almost completely different (if you have ever seen their prescription food Dry i/d, thats what it looks like). They are making it without corn (but from what I can tell, they still have other grain products in it - and I think they still have corn as the #6 ingredient in the adult food)
4 years, 5 months ago
No idea
4 years, 5 months ago
No idea
Keyona W.
Keyona W.
Utica, MO
4 years, 6 months ago
My hubs and I had no idea they changed anything until we went to Petsmart yesterday to go and buy more dog food. We just got a little bag to make sure our dog would be able to handle it in case it makes him sick or something.
Katie V.
Katie V.
Hillsboro, OR
4 years, 7 months ago
They are suppose to be changing to make some of the foods more natural and healthy. Probably because they get so many complaints because of the cheap unhealthy ingredients they put in their food!
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
Rochester Hls, MI
4 years, 8 months ago
No idea, that was a bad move.
Sarah B.
Megan M.
Megan M.
Newton, KS
4 years, 9 months ago
Something to do with the amounts of corn and gluten in the original formula?
Haydee R.
Haydee R.
4 years, 9 months ago
Customers demands for better quality
Leigh-Anne H.
Leigh-Anne H.
Stoneham, MA
4 years, 9 months ago
I know they've been planning to for about a year now. They've been slowly rehauling the company and changing their formulas for treats then wet now dry food. I think it's because more and more pet owners are looking for natural ingredients. It could also be a push from the government to all dog/cat food industries since in the past 5 years a lot of them have been pulling food from the shelves for contamination/mishandling/etc.
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY
Good question...
Marie P.
Marie P.
Williamsville, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
I would write them an email or write to them on the Science Diet facebook page. You always get answers there, they don't want any negatives brewing up that way. If that doesn't work then I would call them.
Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
No idea why.
Gabby Y.
Gabby Y.
Fort Benning, GA
4 years, 9 months ago
Customer Complaints, change in flavor, cheaper supplies, and sometimes they find out new things medically about nutrients that might just be better for the dog.
Blmngton Spgs, TN
4 years, 10 months ago
They also do it because of customer complaints.
Blmngton Spgs, TN
4 years, 10 months ago
Sometimes they do it to change the flavor, save money, or if current ingredients are limited.
Vanessa
Vanessa
lawrenceville, GA
4 years, 10 months ago
I have no idea. I have heard rumors that they might be using cheaper alternatives, but it's not certain. I sure hope not!