Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder

Benefits: Incredible root lift. Light-weight powder to texturize. Soft matte effect. Control & separation. Long lasting hold & texture. Versatile control effect: the more you apply the more control you get. Ingredients: Innovative formula with Silica is responsible for the strong matte feeling & volume which makes this product unique and a must have. Application: For instant root lift and volume, sprinkle small amount adding more where needed. For more texture and control, rub the powder into your hand, and apply to desired areas. Apply to dry hair. Style and texture as preferred. Finishing Tip: Turn the head up-side-down, apply like salt & pepper, distribute into the roots for a strong and wild finish. For a stronger matte look apply product into damp hair. Rake into shape and leave to dry naturally.

What exactly does this help with in terms of your hair/scalp? [user:hanaahany_] [user:livirayne] [user:penny_warf]
Does this really work for adding volume? I struggle to find products that help with my fine, straight hair.
Does this work well on its own, putting it in my roots and fluffing my hair with my fingers, or do I need to use other styling tools/products (e.g. Hairspray) to make the volume last? I have done, straight hair. Thanks!
Start your review of Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
sometimes if you want to tease your hair, especially if you have fine hair and it's just been washed, the teasing doesn't create a lot of volume and doesn't stay big.in 17 reviews
This product took away the unpleasant root shine that makes even clean hair look greasy dirty and gave me a little bit of lift (I don't expect much since my hair weighs a TON!)in 13 reviews
A little goes a long way, I dusted it on by my bangs and at the crown of my head to give a little lift and an illusion of actually having some hair.in 12 reviews
So I received a complimentary sample of the OSis Dust it in my Spring Fever VoxBox and for a person that has never used such a product, I was a little disappointed that there were instructions on the packaging or container itself.in 12 reviews
So I have rather thin flat hair so I'm always on the search for better products to help add volume and texture to my lazy locks.in 11 reviews
3 months ago
This is an a product that I would use on my actual hair because I have natural curly textured hair that I always wash with water. And I also need moisture. But this is great for taking out shine from your wigs!
5 months agoAtlanta, GA
Hands down favorite hair product. I’ve used religiously for years. There is no comparison. I will legit be in mourning if they ever discontinue it. It gives my hair so much life without drying it out. I have turned so many friends and clients (I was a hairstylist for ten years) onto this stuff!
9 months ago
I love this product! There isn't a scent so it won't cancel out any other products used. It is great for instant volume although does have a weird sticky feel to it but it's not noticeable by looking. I will be purchasing again.
6 months ago
I use this daily. It lifts my roots easily and holds really well for when I want the messy or spiky look. Easy to apply and last a long time since it doesn't take much.
3 years agoNew Bremen, OH
Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder uploaded by Emily K.
Love the illusion of thickness and body Schwarzkopf Dust It Mattifying Powder gives to my fine hair! When working in the salon it was defiantly my go to for giving thin hair lift and styling updos!!! Highly recommend this product as a daily user especially those with short hair or fine hair! Just remember a little goes long way with this!!
6 years agoPlacentia, CA
I hate my hair. It's thin, it's fine and it gets oily in a matter of hours. I cannot wrap my head around girls who go days without washing their hair and say their hair is BETTER because of it. I recently did an experiment where I didn't wash my hair for one day and by 9am I was almost crying from how gross my scalp felt and how nasty my hair looked. I even sprayed some dry shampoo and it only helped to make it not look so oily, but I still felt so gross! I tried another experiment where I rinsed my hair but didn't use shampoo and conditioner and I think my hair was even worse! Suffice to say, I will try anything but almost nothing ever helps. Plain, clean hair is what I usually resort to and it doesn't make my hair look very fashionable. So when Influenster sent me Schwarzkopf's OSis+ Dust It texturizing hair powder I was excited but skeptical. I recently sampled Got2B Hair Powder (also my Schwarzkopf), and I feel like OSiS+ is the more grown up version. This stuff kind of works like a dry shampoo in that it absorbs the oils in your hair to add texture, but it didn't work exactly the same and I think it's because my hair is just excessively oily. I added a little bit of this powder to my hair and scrunched it to give myself a beachy look and I definitely felt the volume! This stuff works especially well on short hair, in my opinion. I had my mom try some and she has shoulder length layered hair. She has the same oily hair problem as I do, but OSiS+ gives her enough texture so that she doesn't have to wash her hair every day. I think it's because of the length and layers. She added OSiS+ to her hair and then used her curling iron to give a volumized, textured look just as nice as with her freshly washed hair, something she didn't try previously. Although, I am still trying to find a way to incorporate OSiS+ into my everyday hair, I do recommend it because most people don't have my hair issues! If you are able to go a few days without washing your hair, this would probably be the perfect product for you to add the texture your hair needs to keep up with your day! :)
6 years agoMiami, FL
When I first got this, I was unsure of how to use it. I applied it more like I would have a dry shampoo powder: too much, and to areas of my hair that were not freshly shampooed. That day, I used too much, so the product became sticky, did not blend into my dark brown hair, and made my hair impossible to comb or style. The next day, I shampooed it out, and had to spend extra time rinsing because it does not rinse cleanly. I watched a video from the brand online, and figured out how to use the product. I covered a couple of the holes on the top of the lid, and gently shook it over areas that I wanted to be lifted/matted/texturized - I only applied it on or around my roots, not anywhere else on my hair. Covering the holes where the powder comes out of is the key, because you dispense the product lightly, so that only a light dusting comes out. This is the key. When I did that it worked like a charm. This takes getting used to but I like the results, especially when you're going for a beachy waves, texturized kind of look. This does have a matte quality to it so your hair will not be shiny in the areas where you apply this. It dries like a hairspray but in my opinion it is difficult to brush or comb through your hair with the product in it. Something that others have not mentioned is that it feels slightly cool when you apply it. In my opinion this product would not work on African American hair, as others have said, or very curly hair. I believe this product would work best on shorter hair types, where the hair is not curly. I do suggest that the brand place How-To instructions on the packaging - whatever is written on there is way too vague.
7 months ago
Purchased at: Walmart
I don’t use this a lot but when I need extra volume, I sprinkle a little on the area that I want teased. You just rub it in your scalp and it volumizes! No teasing brush or comb needed. It is a little sticky after rubbing it in with your hands but that can easily be fixed. Great product overall and it takes very little effort if you are in a hurry but still want a great look!
6 years agoMelbourne Bch, FL
This came in the SpringVoxBox from Influenster to sample and evaluate. Okay, so I tried this product out on my extremely thin, fine hair and I must say it does what it says it does. A little goes a long way, I dusted it on by my bangs and at the crown of my head to give a little lift and an illusion of actually having some hair. It lasted for about as long as it took for me to get dressed and walk outside into the wind, which completely destroyed my hairstyle. Fortunately, I gave a little rub on the scalp and a quick little comb and was back to looking presentable again. It does suck up the excess oil on my scalp too...my hair usually looks really matted and oily in the morning, but after using this product it looked clean and presentable enough to comb it and go out in the morning without washing my hair. I'm giving this a B because of the packaging. Nowhere on either the outside box or the container of OSIS+ does it tell you how to use the stuff. All it says is shake gently before use and apply to dry hair on the box. There are no directions at all on the actual container. Fortunately I have used a similar product, so was familiar with how to use it and my hairdresser had used some on me too...she called it her "magic powder". If I had to spend my own money on this product I probably wouldn't simply because there are cheaper alternatives available...like Not Your Mother's....which I have been using for a couple years at about a fourth of the cost of this product.
6 years ago
I received this in my Spring Fever VoxBox and I wasn't quite sure how to use it when I first got it. I've never used a powder product like this before so I actually went online and looked at tips from other Influensters. I'm glad I did, I can only imagine what a mess my hair would have been if I hadn't. This product is actually perfect for my hair, because my hair's kind of thin right now. This adds volume really easily. Just sprinkle it in, or rub it on your fingertips and put it on your hair. I love the fact that I can put it on my hair when it's dry. That's my favorite thing about this product. It's not just for volume though. It's good for adding texture, control and helping with other styles. The only downside is it did make my hair feel a little weird, kind of powdery or stiff. But it is a mattifying powder after all, and I may still be using too much.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...