BY SCHMIDT'S #73 in Deodorant & Antiperspirant

The clean, herbaceous fragrance of Lavender + Sage is tranquil and soothing. Antioxidant and antiseptic properties complement this top-selling deodorant Color: Multi-Colored. Gender: Unisex. Age Group: Adult. see more...

• Has anyone else had problems with this deodorant leaving ...4 Answers
  • Did you find this deodorant effective and did it cause an...4 Answers
  • Did anyone else have skin irritation from this product?6 Answers
Emily R.
COLUMBIA, SC
I bought this when I committed to stop buying the popular deodorants that are full of harsh and dangerous ingredients. I have been able to find it at TJMaxx for much cheaper. The first time I used it, I got a rash under my arms. I realized, though, that it was most likely from the baking soda and pressing too firmly when I apply it. I haven't had any irritation since.

When I first tried this deodorant, I got it in Bergamot + Lime. While I liked the smell, it wasn't great as a deodorant scent for me. I kept walking around during the day feeling like I smelled like a key lime pie... The Lavender + Sage option is much more practical for me.

What I like most about this deodorant (besides the natural ingredients) is that it doesn't leave that greasy stain on my clothes like so many other deodorants. I do wish that it was a bit better as an antiperspirant, as I feel the need to reapply during the day, but it does a great job when it comes to smelling nice.
Shannon M.
LaCrosse, VA
I have used natural deodorants before from a small business owner. I liked them, and when I saw this Schmidt's brand in Walmart, I decided to give them a try. I bought the Lavender + Sage deodorant and the Rose + Vanilla deodorant (one to keep at home and one to keep at my then bf's house. They both left my pits so red and raw that is wasn't funny (happened once with each deodorant). I was out of the country when it happened the time after using for a few days and could not immediately replace the deodorant I had with me. I was hurting so bad that I was so desperate for relief that I rubbed a flavorless beeswax lip balm all over my fingers to pat my pits with. I wasn't sure if it was the one scent I was using so I naively tried the second scent I had. I ended up with raw pits yet again. It wasn't as bad since I hadn't used the brand several days in a row like the first time and was able to treat it sooner.
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
Schmidt's Deodorant Lavender + Sage Deodorant

I was so excited when I got this deodorant (mine is rose and vanilla but that wasn't an option) it has a decent scent but it says on the instructions " hold product momentarily to skin so soft and on contact with body heat" the product is gritty like an exfoliant and almost hurts to apply. Not to mention it gets all over the sides of the container, so you're constantly having to wipe it clean. I love all natural products but it is by no means long lasting. I would not recommend and would not purchase again.
Echo W.
Phoenix, AZ
I am very surprised that I fell in love with this deodorant. I had tried samples of Schmidt’s deodorant before years ago, and my armpits couldn’t handle it (my skin is extremely dry and sensitive). I also didn’t feel as though the fragrance married well with my body chemistry, so I stopped using it.

Most recently, I had been using Old Spice Ultra Endurance. This had the same drying, irritating effect on my underarm, but would keep me smelling fresher longer than the Schmidt’s when I initially tried it.

On a whim, I decided to try Schmidt’s stick version and get the formula for sensitive skin. I was nervous because I thought I would have to go through a “detox” phase before it would be effective at reducing body odor. It worked immediately, and I am currently using this scent daily. I love the smell of lavender, so it is perfect for me, light and floral.

For context, I live in Phoenix, Arizona. It is currently May and reaching 110°F outside. I also have worn this deodorant to the gym and have had no BO issues like before. I sweat a lot, but I feel as though this deodorant helps keep me dry.

There are only a couple of drawbacks to this deodorant. You have to be careful when you’re applying, especially if wearing black. This can leave a white residue. Additionally, if you use too much, clumps of deodorant may form on your underarm. These are minute problems for me, as I prioritize health and comfort over visual aesthetics, but something to keep in mind!
Talia F.
Rockville, MD
I bought this deodorant because my skin is pretty sensitive and decided I needed to go more natural. Along with natural shampoo, conditioner, and soap, this is now in my new regimen. Although the coloration and texture is a little bit of a turn-off, it proves that it really is natural and better for my skin. Don't buy this scent if you don't like the smell of lavender, it's pretty strong smelling! Yet, I still appreciate the smell over having a strong unnatural fragrance or a masking scent (for products that have bad ingredients). It works really well for a natural deodorant too! Many people claim natural deodorants don't work as well, and I have to agree with that only because it's summer right now, but I will still buy this over a deodorant with bad ingredients any day.
Amanda G.
Syracuse
I love the scent of this! Unfortunately it caused some irritation on my underarms. I messaged Schmidt’s about it and they explained to me what might be causing the irritation. This deodorant is almost coarse, so they ended up sending me a sensitive skin formula that is smooth. They were extremely helpful! This isn’t my regular deodorant, but since I have it on hand, I use it as my travel deodorant. I’ve kept in mind the tips that Schmidt’s shared with me during use. Great product, great scent, just doesn’t work for me to use regularly.
Jillian M.
Arlington, MA
I bought this deodorant because I wanted a more natural alternative to mainstream brand deodorants that contain aluminum. I purchased this specific brand and kind because of how good the reviews are and how high the rating is. Don’t be mistaken like I was. If you have sensitive skin what so ever or are constantly on the go then this deodorant is not for you. First off the product is so incredibly stiff that ever the directions tell you to let it sit against your skin to heat up before applying. Which, let me tell you doesn’t work at all and left me waiting for a while and still was like dragging a boulder. Not only did it have barely any product payoff on the skin it felt rough and abrasive on an area that is more sensitive which completely makes no sense to me. After trying it out for a week I was horrified when I realized I was getting terrible rashes and bumps all around my under arm area. I wasn’t even getting that much product and wasn’t scrubbing it on, which leaves the formula to be a huge miss on the brand’s part. I would not suggest this product to anyone, and am honestly annoyed I paid $9 for a product I used a few times and will never use again.
Allison A.
Lexington
My skin was perpetually irritated and itchy with typical deodorant, and I didn't know of other options. When I finally discovered natural deodorants, I tried a few brands that were okay, but not long-lasting, not great scent and terrible texture. Schmidt's really changed the game for me! My skin very rarely gets irritated, I love the smell, it has the same texture as a regular deodorant (not wet like so many others I've tried), and it lasts decently long. While it is not as effective as traditional deodorants, it also isn't clogging your pores with aluminum, and my skin likes it so much better. Perfectly effective and above-average natural deodorant.
Brittney S.
I first received the Rose and Vanilla deodorant through a subscription box add-on purchase and I immediately fell in love. I had been searching for a deodorant that would help mask any unpleasant odors that a big name brand deodorant wouldn't do. This did the trick. I went to Target and bought every other scent here was available. I love how well it works, however, be aware that if you have a white shirt/bra/tank top on, the deodorant WILL stain the white a yellowish color due to the color of the deodorant. That is the only reason I am giving this product a 4 star rating.
Briana V.
Lake Worth, FL
I really wanted to enjoy this deodorant... it’s the very first aluminum free deodorant I’ve tried before however, I’m really not happy with the results! I thought I was possibly allergic to this product yet as I read the reviews, many other women experienced the very same issue. After using it for a few days, my armpits were burning, red and bumpy. I wasn’t sure if it was the deodorant or possibly razor bumps so I took about a week break from using it and as soon as I applied it again, my armpits were back to being excessively irritated. I like the scent, just the consistency of the product itself is very rough/abrasive on the skin.
Eri V.
Sarasota , FL
Did anyone else have skin irritation from this product?
Kayt M.
Has anyone else had problems with this deodorant leaving residue on shirts? It pretty much ruined one of my shirts.
Beverly H.
Pearland, TX
Did you find this deodorant effective and did it cause any rashes after using?