BY UNKNOWN

Lavender + Sage Deodorant by Schmidt's Deodorant delivers long-lasting protection from odor and wetness. Lavender + Sage Deodorant features a blend of natural ingredients, including clary sage, baking soda, shea butter and more. Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens and Phthalates. Gluten free.

• I am receiving this in my Birchbox. I have heard a lot o...3 Answers
  • My skin was way too sensitive for this choice. Is there a...1 Answers
  • Does this really work? There is nothing more embarrassing...1 Answers
Buy on Vitamin...
Janelle V.
La Puente, CA
A totally off makeup post..
However I feel like this is an issue that's important to me so I hope to help bring light and awareness to this topic because unfortunelty it's something that hardly gets talked about....
Deodorant is something we use on a daily basis and sometimes as consumers we fail to research the ingredients of the products we are buying and putting on/in our bodies faces & bodies. Everything you put on your skin your pores absorbs and sucks it all up.
Yep! With that being said that means all the chemicals, toxins, parabens, sulfates, acids, etc..are entering your body and can cause more harm than it could actually help.
Studies have shown that anti-persist deodorants
is one of the leading linked causes of Breast and prostate cancer because of the aluminum ingredient found in the non-vegan deodorants.
I've researched and learned that the anti-persist chemical found in the deordorant will clog your arm pit pores which will block natural oils and sweat from releasing out...which yes that's the purpose of deodorant but your stopping your bodies natural way of detoxing itself and that's where the problems start.
Those are only some to begin with...Harmful ingredients found in non- vegan deorants are also shown to cause hormonal unbalance which is linked to birth defects and organ toxicity, it can also cause damage to the central nervous system, liver and heart.
One of my resolutions for 2018 is to use more Vegan based products and of course vegan food. Healthy lifestyle is everything! & it starts with what we're putting into our bodies.🌱
$ 4.99 @target
Allison P.
BETHLEHEM, PA
So I received a full size of this in my birchbox and was intrigued as I had never heard of this brand before. I didn't really care for the scent and it goes on too rough, almost like sandpaper. Once it comes in contact with your skin it starts to soften so you can apply it. The next day I went to shave my underarms and noticed they were red a burned a bit but I didn't think anything of it. I applied this deodorant again and realized that was probably a bad idea. This gave me a rash and left a burning sensation. I am disappointed as this is supposed to be a natural deodorant yet any other brand I've tried such as secret or degree has never done this. It also doesn't do its job of deodorizing because once you start to sweat it's like you didn't even put deodorant on at all. Wouldn't recommend.
Aly-baba M.
Let me start off by saying the scent is amazing! Unfortunately this did not work out for me.  Like most, I started looking for more natural deos to use, instead of my normal Secret Clinical Strength.

This is NOT for heavy sweaters, like myself.  I found that it trapped the moisture and actually gave my a really bad rash.  I would only apply it at night before bed, and started noticing a dark brown rash after a couple weeks of use.  I though it was just my shaving cream, so I stopped using the cream, but it was still super tender and dark.  Skipped this a couple of nights, and the darkness cleared.

I could see this working for light sweaters, but definitely not anyone who would require Clinical Strength formulas.
member-bdb07
Not much good to say about this product. I bought it because it was on the cheaper side of the 'natural' deodorants, and I liked the smell at first. I wore it for about a month until I noticed my underarms were bleeding.

Pros:
-good scent (but found I'd like it more as a candle than something i have under my arms all day, you know?)

Cons:
-Strong scent, so you can't really wear perfume with it
-Had a very rough, thick texture? Very gritty. I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, or if I got a bad batch.
-doesn't seem to actually block out the sweat smell, just covers it with lavender. Felt like a swampy flowery muck after the end of the day.
-GAVE ME A RASH. Never ever had problems with sensitive skin, so this weirded me out. Not from shaving, I rarely shave my underarms... I started to notice irritation, then pain, and then realized that my skin was actually cracking, red and bleeding. Took a while to recover. Don't recommend.
Keyanna W.
Palmdale, CA
So initially I loved this product but that quickly changed after a month of use.
PROS:
The deodorant smells good. I love the smell of lavender and the Sage was strong enough to combat the smell when i was sweating. I liked that the deodorant is all natural and obviously better for my health than the normal brands in the stores. The company itself is awesome.

CONS:
Because I was heavy handed (wanting to make sure i didn't stink at work) when i did begin sweating it felt very creamy and thick under my arms. On a few occasions I needed to take a paper towel and actually soak up the sweat because it was that excessive. Ya...miss me with that lol.
My skin did not agree with this at all. So initially when my skin was feeling irritated I assumed I just shaved too close. That's when i noticed the packaging mentions not to use it right after shaving. so I made a note to wait until it healed a few days and I wasn't shaving to use it. My skin continued to become very sensitive and I assumed again that something else was the cause of this. I finally realized it was this deodorant that caused this irritation only after my underarm was scabbed, bleeding, and very very raw.
I use lavender regularly so I am curious if I am allergic to the sage or if it's something else that is found in all of their deodorant.
Katy B.
I received this item in a Birchbox and while I was excited to give this all natural deodorant a try, it made me nervous. It smells pretty good. One day I decided to give it a go but once I applied enough to make me feel comfortable, I smelled like “a bundle of herbs you would cook with” according to my boyfriend. So then I decided it was too much and tried to wash it off but the smell was there to stay. I put my normal deodorant on top and didn’t notice a big difference besides the smell. Maybe I can venture to give it another try sometime...just not anytime soon!
Ashley C.
N Salt Lake, UT
I write this review as I sit in a rite aid parking lot waiting for an antibiotic prescription for the abscesses this deodorant caused me. After using the first day, I got a rash and assumed it may have been my body adjusting after years of using the chemical laden brand name deodorants. It only got worse from there - the abscesses just kept growing in size even after I stopped using it and because unbearably painful to the point where I had to seek medical attention. I wrote to the company and they told me I was "applying too much" which is just not true and wanted to send me more - no thank you. Something in this "natural" product is hurting people - every single person I know who used this has broken out. Mind you, I do not have sensitive skin or reactions to any other beauty products. I'm so so disappointed by this. DO NOT BUY IT.
Sarah H.
Yorktown, VA
I was pretty disappointed to have received this in a Birchbox. The smell is pleasant, but it’s overpowering and does not seem to go away. The deodorant doesn’t even eliminate odors or absorb wetness, despite its claims. I’m not a huge fan of the consistency- it’s gritty and globs all over my armpit when I’m trying to apply it. Thankfully it didn’t break out my skin, which is a plus.
Jordan J.
Ok, let’s get real. This product is awesome! I am someone who sweats a ridiculous amount during my day chasing around DD preschoolers, and nothing has worked to cover the smell throughout the entirety of the day UNTIL this product. Wow, I’m just so impressed! Some reviews comment on the rough texture, but they obviously didn’t read the back of the label that says leave it on your skin for a few seconds to soften before application. It’s a natural product, people! I bought all 3 kinds at Marshall’s when I saw them on sale for under 4$
Chelsea C.
Elizabeth, CO
This stuff smells pretty good until you sweat and then it smells like dirty flower beds. It also cause me to break out in a rash under my arms. This has not occurred with any other natural deodorant I have tried so it is something unique with this blend. Would not recommend.
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
I have seen this at Target, I'm wondering if it's with a purchase of 9$? It is tiny, but is it effective? Does it leave marks on clothes? Does it have a nice scent?
Christianne S.
Brunswick, OH
I am receiving this in my Birchbox. I have heard a lot of people say it burned and caused a rash. Has this happened to anyone? I have super sensitive skin.
Elle C.
Brandon, FL
Does the roll-on deodorant smell and/or feel better than the Schmidt's deodorant that comes in a little jar?
Dary A.
Does this really work? There is nothing more embarrassing than BO on your first date, job interview... Lmk
Sara N.
How does this work on keeping your under arms dry and smelling fresh?