BY UNKNOWN

Lavender + Sage Deodorant by Schmidt's Deodorant delivers long-lasting protection from odor and wetness. Lavender + Sage Deodorant features a blend of natural ingredients, including clary sage, baking soda, shea butter and more. Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens and Phthalates. Gluten free.

• My skin was way too sensitive for this choice. Is there another o...1 Answers
  • I am receiving this in my Birchbox. I have heard a lot of people...2 Answers
  • Does this really work? There is nothing more embarrassing than BO...1 Answers
Buy on Vitamin...
Keyanna W.
Palmdale, CA
So initially I loved this product but that quickly changed after a month of use.
PROS:
The deodorant smells good. I love the smell of lavender and the Sage was strong enough to combat the smell when i was sweating. I liked that the deodorant is all natural and obviously better for my health than the normal brands in the stores. The company itself is awesome.

CONS:
Because I was heavy handed (wanting to make sure i didn't stink at work) when i did begin sweating it felt very creamy and thick under my arms. On a few occasions I needed to take a paper towel and actually soak up the sweat because it was that excessive. Ya...miss me with that lol.
My skin did not agree with this at all. So initially when my skin was feeling irritated I assumed I just shaved too close. That's when i noticed the packaging mentions not to use it right after shaving. so I made a note to wait until it healed a few days and I wasn't shaving to use it. My skin continued to become very sensitive and I assumed again that something else was the cause of this. I finally realized it was this deodorant that caused this irritation only after my underarm was scabbed, bleeding, and very very raw.
I use lavender regularly so I am curious if I am allergic to the sage or if it's something else that is found in all of their deodorant.
Sabrina S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
So let me start off by saying i didnt stumble upon this by choice but more of a desperate need. Due to some odd body chemistry, i am allergic to regular deodorant. In a bad way not a slight discomfort. So ive been deodorant lacking ever since but ive heard about natural stuff that excludes what most people are allergic to. I found this at an urban outfitters for $10. I wasnt happy but i needed to try something because underarm odor is NOT nice for my nose. It bugs me personally for myself. Anywaaaaays. I tried it and it is very strong in scent but not bad. I didnt break out like i usually do. I have slight redness but thats all. It smells great. Its a little hard so not really smooth and velvety like the regular stuff but that's not bad. Maybe ill try the charcoal one next to see if maybe the scent caused the redness but all together $10 might really be worth it. Or jist find it cheaper.
Allison P.
BETHLEHEM, PA
So I received a full size of this in my birchbox and was intrigued as I had never heard of this brand before. I didn't really care for the scent and it goes on too rough, almost like sandpaper. Once it comes in contact with your skin it starts to soften so you can apply it. The next day I went to shave my underarms and noticed they were red a burned a bit but I didn't think anything of it. I applied this deodorant again and realized that was probably a bad idea. This gave me a rash and left a burning sensation. I am disappointed as this is supposed to be a natural deodorant yet any other brand I've tried such as secret or degree has never done this. It also doesn't do its job of deodorizing because once you start to sweat it's like you didn't even put deodorant on at all. Wouldn't recommend.
member-bdb07
Not much good to say about this product. I bought it because it was on the cheaper side of the 'natural' deodorants, and I liked the smell at first. I wore it for about a month until I noticed my underarms were bleeding.

Pros:
-good scent (but found I'd like it more as a candle than something i have under my arms all day, you know?)

Cons:
-Strong scent, so you can't really wear perfume with it
-Had a very rough, thick texture? Very gritty. I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, or if I got a bad batch.
-doesn't seem to actually block out the sweat smell, just covers it with lavender. Felt like a swampy flowery muck after the end of the day.
-GAVE ME A RASH. Never ever had problems with sensitive skin, so this weirded me out. Not from shaving, I rarely shave my underarms... I started to notice irritation, then pain, and then realized that my skin was actually cracking, red and bleeding. Took a while to recover. Don't recommend.
Jordan J.
Ok, let’s get real. This product is awesome! I am someone who sweats a ridiculous amount during my day chasing around DD preschoolers, and nothing has worked to cover the smell throughout the entirety of the day UNTIL this product. Wow, I’m just so impressed! Some reviews comment on the rough texture, but they obviously didn’t read the back of the label that says leave it on your skin for a few seconds to soften before application. It’s a natural product, people! I bought all 3 kinds at Marshall’s when I saw them on sale for under 4$
Katy B.
I received this item in a Birchbox and while I was excited to give this all natural deodorant a try, it made me nervous. It smells pretty good. One day I decided to give it a go but once I applied enough to make me feel comfortable, I smelled like “a bundle of herbs you would cook with” according to my boyfriend. So then I decided it was too much and tried to wash it off but the smell was there to stay. I put my normal deodorant on top and didn’t notice a big difference besides the smell. Maybe I can venture to give it another try sometime...just not anytime soon!
Ashley C.
N Salt Lake, UT
I write this review as I sit in a rite aid parking lot waiting for an antibiotic prescription for the abscesses this deodorant caused me. After using the first day, I got a rash and assumed it may have been my body adjusting after years of using the chemical laden brand name deodorants. It only got worse from there - the abscesses just kept growing in size even after I stopped using it and because unbearably painful to the point where I had to seek medical attention. I wrote to the company and they told me I was "applying too much" which is just not true and wanted to send me more - no thank you. Something in this "natural" product is hurting people - every single person I know who used this has broken out. Mind you, I do not have sensitive skin or reactions to any other beauty products. I'm so so disappointed by this. DO NOT BUY IT.
Anoosha K.
I started using this deodorant as a recommendation from my roommate. Overall, the scent is pleasant and it is not too overpowering once it goes on for me. The texture is different from others i've used before and it feels very grainy. It lasts all day and didn't give me any rashes so that was a plus. I had to switch to natural deodorant because I weirdly became allergic to other kinds.
Sarah H.
Yorktown
I was pretty disappointed to have received this in a Birchbox. The smell is pleasant, but it’s overpowering and does not seem to go away. The deodorant doesn’t even eliminate odors or absorb wetness, despite its claims. I’m not a huge fan of the consistency- it’s gritty and globs all over my armpit when I’m trying to apply it. Thankfully it didn’t break out my skin, which is a plus.
D M.
It was my first time buying natural deodo6and I was worried about how well it would work. It's a different formula than I am used to . You have to warm it under your armpits before rubbing it on. The only complaint I have is that I wouldn't recommend applying it to broken or irritated skin. It tends to burn quite a bit. Other than than, I like it!
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
I have seen this at Target, I'm wondering if it's with a purchase of 9$? It is tiny, but is it effective? Does it leave marks on clothes? Does it have a nice scent?
Elle C.
Brandon, FL
Does the roll-on deodorant smell and/or feel better than the Schmidt's deodorant that comes in a little jar?
Christianne S.
Brunswick, OH
I am receiving this in my Birchbox. I have heard a lot of people say it burned and caused a rash. Has this happened to anyone? I have super sensitive skin.
Dary A.
Does this really work? There is nothing more embarrassing than BO on your first date, job interview... Lmk
Sara N.
How does this work on keeping your under arms dry and smelling fresh?