BY UNKNOWN

Lavender + Sage Deodorant by Schmidt's Deodorant delivers long-lasting protection from odor and wetness. Lavender + Sage Deodorant features a blend of natural ingredients, including clary sage, baking soda, shea butter and more. Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens and Phthalates. Gluten free.

• I am receiving this in my Birchbox. I have heard a lot o...3 Answers
  • My skin was way too sensitive for this choice. Is there a...1 Answers
  • Does this really work? There is nothing more embarrassing...2 Answers
Buy on Vitamin...
Janelle V.
La Puente, CA
A totally off makeup post..
However I feel like this is an issue that's important to me so I hope to help bring light and awareness to this topic because unfortunelty it's something that hardly gets talked about....
Deodorant is something we use on a daily basis and sometimes as consumers we fail to research the ingredients of the products we are buying and putting on/in our bodies faces & bodies. Everything you put on your skin your pores absorbs and sucks it all up.
Yep! With that being said that means all the chemicals, toxins, parabens, sulfates, acids, etc..are entering your body and can cause more harm than it could actually help.
Studies have shown that anti-persist deodorants
is one of the leading linked causes of Breast and prostate cancer because of the aluminum ingredient found in the non-vegan deodorants.
I've researched and learned that the anti-persist chemical found in the deordorant will clog your arm pit pores which will block natural oils and sweat from releasing out...which yes that's the purpose of deodorant but your stopping your bodies natural way of detoxing itself and that's where the problems start.
Those are only some to begin with...Harmful ingredients found in non- vegan deorants are also shown to cause hormonal unbalance which is linked to birth defects and organ toxicity, it can also cause damage to the central nervous system, liver and heart.
One of my resolutions for 2018 is to use more Vegan based products and of course vegan food. Healthy lifestyle is everything! & it starts with what we're putting into our bodies.🌱
$ 4.99 @target
Allison P.
BETHLEHEM, PA
So I received a full size of this in my birchbox and was intrigued as I had never heard of this brand before. I didn't really care for the scent and it goes on too rough, almost like sandpaper. Once it comes in contact with your skin it starts to soften so you can apply it. The next day I went to shave my underarms and noticed they were red a burned a bit but I didn't think anything of it. I applied this deodorant again and realized that was probably a bad idea. This gave me a rash and left a burning sensation. I am disappointed as this is supposed to be a natural deodorant yet any other brand I've tried such as secret or degree has never done this. It also doesn't do its job of deodorizing because once you start to sweat it's like you didn't even put deodorant on at all. Wouldn't recommend.
member-bdb07
Not much good to say about this product. I bought it because it was on the cheaper side of the 'natural' deodorants, and I liked the smell at first. I wore it for about a month until I noticed my underarms were bleeding.

Pros:
-good scent (but found I'd like it more as a candle than something i have under my arms all day, you know?)

Cons:
-Strong scent, so you can't really wear perfume with it
-Had a very rough, thick texture? Very gritty. I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, or if I got a bad batch.
-doesn't seem to actually block out the sweat smell, just covers it with lavender. Felt like a swampy flowery muck after the end of the day.
-GAVE ME A RASH. Never ever had problems with sensitive skin, so this weirded me out. Not from shaving, I rarely shave my underarms... I started to notice irritation, then pain, and then realized that my skin was actually cracking, red and bleeding. Took a while to recover. Don't recommend.
Jennifer R.
Phoenix, AZ
If I had written this review a month ago it would have been 5 stars. I’ve gone through 4 of these and absolutely loved them! It’s one of the only natural deodorants that I’ve used that actually works! I’ve recommended this for months to so many people. I just bought my 5th one a couple weeks ago and I don’t know if the formula changed or if I got a bad one, but this burned so bad when I applied it! Even after I washed it off, my underarms were red and burning for the rest of the day. Against my better judgment, I tried using it a couple more times and I now have an itchy, red rash all over my underarms. I recommend getting a sample or travel size if you’re thinking about trying this. It is a great natural deodorant if you don’t have a reaction to it, but sadly I’m now looking for a new natural deodorant for myself.
Shauna C.
This is my first natural deodorant I have ever tried, I have always just used dove, but I received this from Birchbx for my full size product for my first month and let me just say I was so disappointed in this! I thought I would try it, first of all it STINKS!! usually I love lavender but I don't know if its the sage or what but the smell is awful! even then I used it, had to wash it off after not even an hour because it just felt so nasty and sticky I couldn't stand it anymore, and I was just sitting around the house.
Keyanna W.
Palmdale, CA
So initially I loved this product but that quickly changed after a month of use.
PROS:
The deodorant smells good. I love the smell of lavender and the Sage was strong enough to combat the smell when i was sweating. I liked that the deodorant is all natural and obviously better for my health than the normal brands in the stores. The company itself is awesome.

CONS:
Because I was heavy handed (wanting to make sure i didn't stink at work) when i did begin sweating it felt very creamy and thick under my arms. On a few occasions I needed to take a paper towel and actually soak up the sweat because it was that excessive. Ya...miss me with that lol.
My skin did not agree with this at all. So initially when my skin was feeling irritated I assumed I just shaved too close. That's when i noticed the packaging mentions not to use it right after shaving. so I made a note to wait until it healed a few days and I wasn't shaving to use it. My skin continued to become very sensitive and I assumed again that something else was the cause of this. I finally realized it was this deodorant that caused this irritation only after my underarm was scabbed, bleeding, and very very raw.
I use lavender regularly so I am curious if I am allergic to the sage or if it's something else that is found in all of their deodorant.
Jeana P.
This is for the rose and vanilla one but I couldn’t find it so I’m just going to post my review on this one. I got this deodorant because I wanted to try something new and something natural. It was a terrible decision, after using this deodorant I noticed my armpits started hurting and I looked at them and I kid you not my armpits were rubbed raw. This was causing my armpits to have a bad reaction to it to where it hurt to move them. I stopped using this 3 days ago and my armpits are still a little sore but it’s getting better. It may work for you but it does not work for me. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone.
Katy B.
I received this item in a Birchbox and while I was excited to give this all natural deodorant a try, it made me nervous. It smells pretty good. One day I decided to give it a go but once I applied enough to make me feel comfortable, I smelled like “a bundle of herbs you would cook with” according to my boyfriend. So then I decided it was too much and tried to wash it off but the smell was there to stay. I put my normal deodorant on top and didn’t notice a big difference besides the smell. Maybe I can venture to give it another try sometime...just not anytime soon!
Ashley C.
Puyallup, WA
I write this review as I sit in a rite aid parking lot waiting for an antibiotic prescription for the abscesses this deodorant caused me. After using the first day, I got a rash and assumed it may have been my body adjusting after years of using the chemical laden brand name deodorants. It only got worse from there - the abscesses just kept growing in size even after I stopped using it and because unbearably painful to the point where I had to seek medical attention. I wrote to the company and they told me I was "applying too much" which is just not true and wanted to send me more - no thank you. Something in this "natural" product is hurting people - every single person I know who used this has broken out. Mind you, I do not have sensitive skin or reactions to any other beauty products. I'm so so disappointed by this. DO NOT BUY IT.
Emily J.
Saint Louis, MO
I bought this after a friend recommended it to me. It is an all natural deodorant and doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals found in most deodorants. I was super excited to use it, but am highly disappointed with this product. The scent is very overwhelming and does not go away easily. It goes on rough like sandpaper and also made my skin break out. I would not recommending you have sensitive skin.
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
I have seen this at Target, I'm wondering if it's with a purchase of 9$? It is tiny, but is it effective? Does it leave marks on clothes? Does it have a nice scent?
Christianne S.
Brunswick, OH
I am receiving this in my Birchbox. I have heard a lot of people say it burned and caused a rash. Has this happened to anyone? I have super sensitive skin.
Dary A.
Does this really work? There is nothing more embarrassing than BO on your first date, job interview... Lmk
Elle C.
Brandon, FL
Does the roll-on deodorant smell and/or feel better than the Schmidt's deodorant that comes in a little jar?
Kanoe K.
santa rosa, CA
Trying to switch to a natural deodorant but afraid it might not be strong enough. Has this been working all day for people?