Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick

by Schmidt's

Natural Deodorant That Works – Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium helps neutralize odor and keep you fresh, enriched with magnesium. Natural Fragrance – A natural scent made with essential oils in a crisp scent that's reminiscent of freshly fallen rain.

How to apply this deodorant (it’s very creamy)?
Has anyone used this and experienced skin irritation?
Did this irritate anyone else?
Start your review of Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick!
Angela L.
Irving, TX
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by Angela L.
I found my favorite natural deodorant!! I received this stick free for my honest opinion. I am happily surprised how well this works. After showering yesterday, I proceeded with my normal Saturday with grocery shopping. This morning, I took my 5 mile walk. Guess what? Absolutely NO stink! None!! I will be continuing to wear this on the weekends and I would eventually like to wear it at work!
Danielle A.
Fox River Grv, IL
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by Danielle A.
Love the texture of this deodorant... it’s not gritty, too oily, or sticky. It smells fresh and it’s definitely a unisex kind of fragrance. I bought one for my husband and he loves it too. This may be my favorite aluminum free deodorant brand!
Kate D.
West Warwick, RI
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by Kate D.
Of all the natural deodorants I’ve tried Schmidts has been the best for me in particular this charcoal and magnesium one seems to be #1. I think it’s the charcoal that makes it more effective than the other scents. It’s gentle but make sure to warm it against your skin first and also DO NOT apply on freshly shaved pits! This will lead to sores and burns. Wait til morning! Smell is a little masculine but I don’t care since it works so well. Some others have complained of staining but I have yet to use it with any white shirts I’m not noticed any stains on my light pink shirts!
Raphaelly C.
Seaford, NY
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by Raphaelly C.
I’ve been looking for a natural, vegan, cruelty free deodorant and i came across with a few brands, tried for a couple of weeks some, but im sticking with this one! texture is great and it holds pretty good for the day/night. When I shower, i just can feel that it’s so easy to wash off the product, and that’s what i wanted, to feel my body clean after that. No residues on your skin after! loving it
Elizabeth B.
Atwater, CA
I love using natural products on the underarms because they are so sensitive and so absorbant. This deodorant is so good. Lasts all day, smells so good. Works great for everyone in the house. All natural. I dont think I'll ever use another kind.
Shelby J.
Westerville, OH
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by Shelby J.
I really like the way that this product performs and that it’s more on the natural side it has no aluminum, no propyleneglycol and no artificial fragrances. I think that’s really important because those three things are completely unnecessary for our bodies. The aluminum gets absorbed into the system and our bodies do not know how to get rid of them. I like the smell because it’s very unisex so my partner and I both use this and like it. I buy this in bulk because it’s not cheap to buy singly. I did buy a few online and I don’t really know what happened but it’s like the top half of it didn’t really work for me too well until I got to the bottom half and noticed that all of the little crystals that help with sweat I’m pretty sure it’s baking soda, had all settled so I hardly got any effect except for just to scent in the top half of it but the bottom was great. Now that I’ve used a few tubes of this I understand that that had settled or was just made improperly. I know to look for that now and that’s the only reason that I am docking 1 star. I had another one that was just the same so they must’ve come in the same package. I think consistency is really big especially when you’re going to mass produce something like this so now that I know what to look for I can return them if I see this again but that’s not very good for somebody who is buying this for the first time and aren’t going to give it a fair shot by using a few tubes the way that I did. This seems to be one of the most expensive scents so I’m not sure if I’ll continue with this exact one but I’ll likely try a few other ones too. As far as this comparing to other natural and aluminum free deodorant, this is my all-time favorite brand because they actually work. I’ve used other brands that don’t have those little crystals in them and I think that’s really what makes the difference. Nothing works even close to the way that this works even in really humid weather and on hot days. Do you understand that when you switch to a natural deodorant like this your body is going to take a little while to balance out in the pit area. You are going to notice that you do sweat but you will not smell.  aluminum helps block those receptors to stop you from sweating and that’s really dangerous so you just know that you are going to sweat normally but at least you’re not putting toxins in your body anymore. While your body is trying to balance out in the pit area you may smell a little bit more than normal but that’s really natural. If it bothers you maybe wear extra layers or under layers to change. I personally did not have this strong of a problem and neither did my partner that is a man. I run pretty hot and so does he and we are both pretty active people so sweating is going to happen for us more than sometimes the average person. And this is one of our highly favorite ones.  The only reason I docked one starwas because of the inconsistency in the 2 tubes that I bought in a pack but haven’t seen that since.
B R.
Azusa, CA
Purchased at: Target
My active son was looking for an effective antiperspirant. After I used Schmidt's for a full year, during all the seasons, and while gardening, running with the dogs, hiking, hanging out with the ranch's horses, Etc. - I bought him some to add a little healthy wellness to his Christmas stocking. The travel size is convenient for his worldwide travel and workouts at the gym. He appreciated the aroma. He still is happily satisfied with its natural, effective, and pleasant results. I can find the petite versions at Sprouts Market, Target - and of course online at Schmidts.
Michael C.
Anderson, SC
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by Michael C.
I love this deodorant very much. It goes on smooth and smells very clean. I would buy this again and try other scents they have. It’s all natural and healthy for your skin. Yes I would recommend this to other people. The only thing is the price. But it’s great for the price.
bea G.
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by bea G.
Purchased at: Costco
This is the one my husband uses and he finds it effective as a construction worker. I had been looking for a natural deodorant for a while. Compared to other natural deodorants this one works really well. Follow the directions to get the best results. Very effective at keeping you fresh. It is not an antiperspirant so you will sweat as your body is intended but you won't stink. Doesn't irritate your skin even after a fresh shave. We love this stuff.
alyssa R.
Philadelphia, PA
Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant Stick uploaded by alyssa R.
OMG I hate this deodorant - I was really excited to try a natural deodorant and was drawn to the charcoal ingredient here but this just does not work, I know it's only a deodorant and not a anti-persperiant but I swear this made me sweat more than I would normally without anything on. It is also the MESSIEST deodorant and gets all over the place, breaks down and smudges in the worst way making application just flat out annoying. I will never buy this again, I bought 2 to start and wish I didn't - probably throwing them away.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...