by Scentsy Warmers
Ask a Question
Amy G.
Amy G.
Saint Louis, MO

I use two Scentsy warmers in my 900sq ft apartment. They are decorative and there are SO many scents to choose from. There are a couple downsides though: 1) we have a dog and one day she decided to run right into our small scentsy warmer that was plugged into a lower outlet behind our recliner. She got wax all over her coat and the carpet. The plus was that the wax is not very warm so it did not hurt her, but it was a pain to get out of her coat (No this is not a problem with the warmer specifically, but they need to be plugged in out of reach of kids/pets). 2) It is not that easy to clean the wax out of the scentsy warmer when it is time to put new wax in
Alexa N.
Alexa N.
Feb. 25, 2014, 4:15 p.m.
The easiest way to get the wax out to put in a new sent is to use a butte knife and go all along the edge of the old scent while its solid and it should just pop out!
Erin G.
Erin G.
Feb. 22, 2014, 7:38 a.m.
Be careful when pulling the wall plug in out while wax is still hot, it easily spills. Wait till it cools or soak up wax on paper towel
Beth Ann A.
Beth Ann A.
Jan. 31, 2014, 2:02 p.m.
I'd like to preface by saying I am not a consultant, this is just tips from my personal life experience! :) To help with getting the wax off your doggy, have you tried coconut oil? Just rub it on the coat around where the (dried) wax is and then it should come off relatively easily. After that, it's safe for your doggy to eat (and it's even good for their coat, win win!) Second, I'm assuming you have a plug in warmer, based on your story. I have one as well, and a few mid size, and I much prefer the mid size. HOWEVER, if you don't want to buy those little tabs to make them easy to get out, you could just wait for the wax to harden (assuming you're changing it after it's been on for awhile, if not, well you don't have to wait!) and then turn the warmer on for about five minutes. After that, just a small amount will have melted, and you can slide it right out! I've found that much more safe than trying to get the wax out after it's all melted, and using a knife to get it out is just annoying usually. That's the best tip I have for you. Good luck!
Annie S.
Annie S.
Jan. 24, 2014, 10:20 p.m.
Hi there! I am a Scentsy consultant, so maybe I can help! I always give my customers these tips for getting wax out of carpet : Pick off as much of the Scentsy wax as you can. Use an ice cube to chill the Scentsy wax to chip off more of the excess. Get as much as you can, but don’t ruin your carpet. Place a paper bag, paper towel, or piece of newspaper on the carpet where the wax spilled. Go over the paper with an iron on the lowest setting to heat the wax (a hair dryer would work too). Scentsy wax is formulated to melt at a low temp, so it won’t take long. The paper will soak up the wax and pull it away from your carpet. Change the paper as needed until all of the Scentsy wax is removed. If the wax is gone, but the wax color stained the carpet, use a clean paper towel to apply rubbing alcohol to any areas as necessary. Rinse the carpet where the wax spilled with clean water. You can use a clean, wet rag or a spray bottle. Dry the carpet right away to ensure the stain is gone. Thank goodness Scentsy only heats wax enough for it to melt! I'm glad your furbaby wasn't hurt! As for removing wax, I'm assuming your burner was turned off and wax was hardened? If so place the top of the warmer in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. The cold temperature will cause the wax to harden even further as it freezes slightly. Pry the hardened wax out of the warmer by gently inserting the tip of a butter knife or a spoon under the edge of the wax. If it is completely hardened, it will pop out easily, leaving no residue in the warmer. The wax will be hard and brittle. If it is not, return it to the freezer for another 10 minutes. Discard the wax disc in the trash if the wax no longer contains any scent. If it has scent remaining, place the disc in a zip-top plastic bag and label the bag with the scent name for later use. To use the wax later, simply place the wax disc back into the top of the warmer and turn the warmer on. Hope this helps!

Join Now