Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, Book 2) (The Lunar Chronicles) uploaded by Bridgett B.Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, Book 2) (The Lunar Chronicles) uploaded by Kalyn M.Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, Book 2) (The Lunar Chronicles) uploaded by Lindsay A.

BY FEIWEL & FRIENDS

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison-even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner. An NPR Best Book of 2013 see more...

Bridgett B.
Deep Run , NC
So this is the 2nd book. This one is about Red riding hood (Scarlet). She's looking for her grandma that has gone missing. Cinder is also in this book. We also meet Wolf. Wolf is a street fighter, and Scarlet needs him to help find her grandma.
Ali B.
Hillsboro, OR
If you fell in love with “Cinder” by Marissa Meyer, then you will definitely love “Scarlet” by Marissa Meyer. This is one of the best series to date. I feel that the fairytales real told in a sci-fi world of androids and cyborgs in aso amazing and creative. Meyer has a way of capturing her reader’s attention and holding it there. Meyer blends the new characters of the Lunar Chronicles into the story perfectly, making all the puzzle pieces fit. Who knew that fairy tales could become so addicting and delicious?

“Scarlet” picks up right where “Cinder” left off. Cinder is in jail trying to figure out how to escape and with both Emperor Kai, and Queen Lavania is after her. Queen Lavania has made it her own personal goal to make sure that Cinder is captured and killed. Cinder tried using her new powers to escape but then ends up in Carswell Thorne’s jail cell. Finding no choice but to take him along, Cinder teams up with Thorne in order to escape prison.

On the other side of things, Scarlet’s grandmother is missing. Scarlet is trying to find her grandmother who she believes has been kidnapped. When Scarlet’s father shows up claiming that a guy with a tattoo was torturing him, Scarlet recognizes a guy with the tattoo that her father described. She teams up with a guy named Wolf to try to track down her grandmother. Wolf is a popular street fighter and trying to escape his previous life. He finds a sense of connection to Scarlet and wants to protect her.

I really liked the continuation of Cinder’s story in Scarlet. I love the fact that the new characters fit into the story so nicely. I think that all the characters are very loveable. Cinder is growing more and more and also learning how to use her Lunar abilities. It is fun to read about her discovering her abilities and what she is able to do. I think Cinder did a lot of growing up in this book due to the fact that she is having to come to terms with being who she truly is. I love the fact that Cinder is discovering new friends along the way of this adventure.

Meyer brings a fantastic story to like in “Scarlet.” I love this adaptions of Red Riding Hood. The big bad wolf being the grandmother scene was a perfect retelling. I loved that Meyer includes the traditional parts of the story but still makes the story completely unique and all her own. The futuristic world that Meyer brings to her readers is amazing. There is so many gadgets and gauges for the reader to fall in love with. I wish we had this technology in jour homes today.

Queen Levana is definitely a villain that a reader can love to hate. As much as I really dislike Queen Levana, she is definitely the perfect villain. I am looking forward to her being in the stories more and of course getting her own. The history that Levana has with Cinder is definitely going to make everything very interesting when the truth is brought to the light.

I really just can’t get enough of this story. It is completely amazing. There is so much creativity in this story. I was addicted right away. With Cinder I stated that I couldn’t believe I waited so long to read these books and Scarlet just drove that point home. Meyer is an amazing writer. She brings characters to life in the most perfect way. Who knew that cyborgs and androids would be so much fun to read about. These aren’t your typical terminator characters. The characters in Scarlet are very easy to love and become addicted too. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next in Scarlet and Cinder’s lives.

Lately, since I was also listening to the audiobook, I want to put in a little something for the narrator. Rebecca Soler is an amazing narrator. She creates individual voices for every character and even channels her inner robot/android voice for the messages that come through on the Coms. Soler is a great entertainer. I really enjoyed listening to her. I have to say that “Scarlet” and “Cinder” are two of the best audiobooks I have ever listened too. Kuddos to Soler for being a great narrator to read the story to the readers. I love her. I need to find more audiobooks that feature Soler as the narrator. Listening to or reading this story, you will not be disappointed. Definitely pick up a copy.
Rose L.
OMG, I was waiting for too long to read the next one in this series, I wasn't expecting it to be even better! I was not disappointed! This added new characters and more settings! Woven to expand the first book but a new story! It fills in some more. I love this writer! She's a new favorite I will constantly be looking for.
Sadie H.
Weare, NH
I read the book before this, Cinder, and needed to read the next book asap. This book is just as good, if not better than the first book. This series might be my favorite now and I highly suggest that if anyone likes Disney or science fiction/fantasy that they pick it up
Vivian E.
Parma, OH
I'm a huge fan of this series and love the story. I loved reading this book so much. I did not want to take breaks. The mixture of adventure, romance and heartbreak in this series is amazing. It kept me engaged the whole time. Definitely recommend.
Darby P.
Salisbury, MD
This is the second book in the lunar chronicles and it's just as good as the first. In this book you meet a futuristic little red riding hood and it's amazing. This series revamps classic fairytales into badass futuristic tales
Emily B.
Norwalk, Oh
A fantastic continuation of the series. I couldn't put it down. I breezed right through it and could not believe that I had finished it already. Once again, I felt like the characters were all relatable on some level and felt very three dimensional. I am a huge sci fi fan and I love twisted fairy tails so this was the perfect combination!
Zenobia R.
Moving forward through the series red riding hood is introduced and you get a look at Europe in this new world. The take on the relationship between red and the wolf is probably my favorite thus far. I also love how the author has tied in a story that isn't typically grouped with princess stories.
April W.
I very much love the twist on red riding hood and the Wolf! Scarlet is a French farm girl who's grandmother has been kidnapped and both UFC fighter in a way! Keep reading the series to see how they end up together... or not ! This whole series is really good! I would defiantly recommend it!
Lorianne B.
Bloomington, IN
This was a wonderful sequel to one of the best stories of all time! I wasn't as engaged as I was in the first one but it was still fantastic. There was romance and adventure and everything a book needs to be great!!
aliyah a.
S Ozone Park, NY
Ive heard really good reviews about this book. Is it good as everyone is saying?
Sarah G.
Helena, AL
I'm having a hard time getting through this one! Anyone else?