ScarAway® Silicone Scar Sheets uploaded by jaime H.

BY SCARAWAY #3 in Scar Treatment

Each ScarAway® Silicone Scar Sheet is made with an advanced material that provides a unique combination of breathability, flexibility, washability and adhesiveness. Its silky, soft fabric backing is ideal for optimal comfort and protection, even under clothing. It may also be worn under compression garments. ScarAway® is so comfortable you may forget you’re wearing it.

Advanced Technology
ScarAway®’s clinically tested silicone technology mimics the natural barrier function of healthy skin. Research suggests that silicone acts to hydrate scar tissue, which in turn works to soften the scar, reducing excessive scar formation and causing it to fade.

Prevent and Treat
Technology used by Burn Centers, Plastic Surgeons and Hospitals.
Flattens, softens and fades new and old scars.
Minimizes formation of new scars.
Conceals while you heal.

Application

1. Wash and dry scar area.
2. Peel off liner from adhesive side of sheet.
3. Apply sheet with adhesive side directly on scar.

Usage: Each ScarAway® sheet should be worn for a minimum of 12 hours per day, and is washable and durable for 7 days of use. Gently wash ScarAway® sheet daily to maintain adhesiveness. ScarAway® sheets may be cut in half for smaller scars or worn side-by-side for larger scars.

Nikki W.
Elkhart , IN
Last year I went snorkeling without footwear while on vacation. Unfortunately, I got a little too close to the coral and ended up with a keloid scar. The clinic I visited wasn’t very optimistic about scar reduction, but they gave me a generic silicone bandage to help minimize further scarring (it was winter and once I was back in the cold, I was back in socks and boots which didn’t help the healing process). After doing some research, I came across these scar sheets. They far exceeded my expectations! Not only did they minimize more scarring, but they also reduced the keloid scar to almost nothing. They are easy to use and each sheet can be reused for about a week. The sheets come with a sterile drying case. I ended up alternating two sheets at a time so that one could dry completely while I wore another clean, dry one. For me, a full package was enough to do the trick...and to this day all that’s left is a small mark. This is a great product and I would definitely recommend!
Kate W.
I’ve been trying to find something to help with my c-section scar. Part of it is keloid, and in general I don’t heal very well from scars. I was so excited to use this product, as I could slap it on and go, and not worry about my clothes running off gel or lotion. Unfortunately I had a huge reaction to this!!! I don’t usually have issues with sensitive skin in my body, but this made me itch so bad that I ended up bruising myself! Plus my skin was angry and red and the scar was even more pronounced. I ended up having to discontinue after 4 days so I have no clue if it would work in the long run for someone who doesn’t have any reactions. Fortunately, every thing clears up in about a week, but now I’m back to square one 😕
Kayla W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I had surgery and wanted to give these a try. While they didn't get rid of my scars completely, it did lighten them up a lot and flatten the raised surgery scars. The newer the scars are, the better this works. It will also work on older scars but will take more time to get rid of them. These sheets are a little expensive, so it depends on how much you're willing to pay to get rid of your scars. But I would recommend giving it a try!
Lauren P.
Denver, CO
They have worked okay but I haven’t been wearing them constantly as I’m supposed to. I find when I wear it it works but a day after taking the sheet off the scar goes back to former appearance.
Alysia R.
port townsend, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I bought these because I had Gastric Bypass surgery, which left me with 5 very unpleasant scars all over my stomach. I found them to be comfortable to wear. It is my first time buying a product like this. I am not sure if the product helped or time. I continue to use them daily. I think it is a great price.
Kate S.
Lexington, KY
So far these are working great for me! They are expensive but have great reviews. If you have a scar you don't it's worth it. They stick on really good but you do have to put them in very carefully because they can get stuck together. Have known people personally who say these will make a huge difference!
Abril J.
I started using these a couple of days ago so obviously there won't be any changes yet. These do stick on pretty well and they do say to wash them. Honestly I haven't washed them and I don't think they will stay on if you do. I change these out every few days since my scars are not very big. I do notice though that when I put it near my arm pit where one of my scars is, the very next day it will have a red dye stained to it.. I think it might be a reaction from the deodorant, so just keep that in mind.
jaime H.
Prone to hypertrophic scarring I began using this as soon as my knee incision healed. Followed the directions and was amazed. My scar is completely flat it's a smooth as the rest of my skin. Also the scar itself is faint and almost unnoticeable. Best part about these sheets is they prevent rather than try to improve a bad scar that already developed. No chemicals or medication so no worries on sensitive skin. Proof of how it works:
Alicia F.
Gilbert, AZ
These scar strips were recommended to me by my plastic surgeon to reduce the appearance of my scar after a tummy tuck. So far they have really helped to smooth the scar and lighten its color. On the downside I had some severe hypersensitivity issues, if I wear the strips for longer than 12 hours my skin becomes so sensitive that it is excruciating.
Priscilla A.
Las Vegas, NV
I am a dark skinned girl and I found this product to definitely diminish some scars but not entirely. I have had these scars for over 5 years though so this may have had an impact on the way it worked on them.
Alysia R.
port townsend, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Have you tried these or the scare away gel?
Nora V.
Waxhaw, NC
I've heard great things about these from family members who have had surgery. I'm considering buying these to help with some stretch marks... does this work for older scars like stretch marks or is it better for newer scars? Just wanted to make sure that it worked for what I have so I don't waste money if this products doesn't work on old scars
Nora A.
How well does these work?! I have a scar on my back from a surgery and the discoloration bothers me. Wondering how effective are these sheets and do they stay on? Are they durable and long lasting? How often would you need to change them? Any input would greatly be appreciated :) Thanks!
Nicole B.
Clovis , NM
Does this work on stretch marks?
H L.
Is this only for Operation scars? Or does it work on other types of scars?

back