BY SBME SPECIAL MKTS.

Personnel: Aaliyah, Tia Hawkins (vocals); Keith Henderson (guitar); Lafayette Carthon (keyboards); Timmy Allen (bass); Peter Mokran (programming); Stephanie Edwards, Stephanie Huff (background vocals).Recorded at Chicago Recording Company, Chicago, Illinois. Suprisingly enough, it no longer takes an adult to perform as an adult in today's music industry, especially one filled with so much young talent. Proving that her age has no bearing on her music's maturity, R. Kelly's protege Aaliyah debuts with AGE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A NUMBER. Aaliyah complements the album's material, appealing to both R & B and hip-hop listeners, while managing to "keep it smooth with a jazz attitude."Detroit's Aaliyah surprised the public when she succesfully hit with her first single, "Back And Forth," which found its market on the club scene. The album's other highlights are soft, mellow tunes like "At Your Best (You Are Love)," "Young Nation," "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number" and "Down With The Clique." Producing all tracks, R. Kelly definitely has a '90s swing evident on this project. Also obvious is that Kelly writes all but one song, because what fifteen-year-old can drive or make love. It's no secret that R. Kelly is the mastermind behind this endearing album. see more...

• Rest In Heaven Aaliyah what is your top 5 favorite song...1 Answers
  • I love Aaliyah. RIP beautiful ❤️🙏3 Answers
  • Whats ur favorite song 9 Answers
  • "Bring the 90's to your ear buds with this urban/street/R&B mix." in 1 review
  • "Love her music so sad she due to young but I still hear all her music and never get tired of it." in 1 review
Marquita S.
Richmond
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
 I loved Aaliyah's music.  When I heard she passed on the radio I thought it was joke I was in disbelief. She was so young and talented. There was no one else like her lyrically and she had good choreography in her music videos. I would recommend Aaliyah's music to anyone to listen to.
Amanda H.
Meadville
I still can't believe she is gone. Everything she touched was gold, including this record.  i grew up on this old school sound. Every song on this album was fire! I think actually have this album of her's in the six disc cd changer in my lexus right now!
Aaliyah S.
Warren, AR
I am a huge Aaliyah fan! I was named after her and I was born after her concert lol I grew up listening to her music awesome music, no one compares to Aaliyah ! AMAZING rhymes and vocals!! My favorite song is Old School, At Your Best, Age Ain't Nothing But A Number, Back and Forth and Young Nation! Aaliyah was definitely before his time with his smooth tunes with a old school swing! Definitely recommend everyone listening to this album
Shane M.
Gosh! I love Aaliyah. Whenever I listen to her music I want to sing and dance and cry at the same time. Gone way too soon.
This first album is just superb. Crazy that she was only 15. But her voice was so mature, smooth, and raw. She brought a lot of passion in her music from day one, and that transferred to her acting. One can only imagine what might have been. She definitely would've gone even further though. Damn I miss her!
Nancy M.
Can't believe she was only 15 years old when she recorded this album. My favorite song obviously is "Age ain't nothing but a number." She died much too young. :( There was still so much more she had to offer to the music world.
Alyssa S.
San Pedro, CA
One of my favorite albums of all time. Every single song on here is the bomb. I used to let it play over and over and over!!! She was so talented!! Aaliyah will always be one of the best woman vocalist of our time! Rip aaliyah!
Sarah P.
Idaho Falls, ID
What can I say about this angel? I mean, I came up on her music. It was a lifestyle. The R&B game was damn strong back then. I miss it. I listen to her still to this day. She was taken too soon...
Nadine S.
Santa Maria, CA
I used to have this album on repeat throughout my childhood and I still do ! She kept it real through her music and had such a beautiful voice . She made a stand for women and created beautiful music!
Jessica V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Love Aaliyah and her music was always on point. But this song "age ain't nothing but a number"was one of my least favorite songs. I felt the song was not emphasizing this importance of how young a girl​ is...
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham , PA
Aaliyah has and always will be one of my favorite R&B singers of all time. She was amazing in every way shape or form. Her music was great, and there has never been anyone like her. She had that amazon old school 90’s R&B which was one of the best era’s of music!
Karen v.
Waxahachie, Texas
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Do you think you could find this on eBay or Amazon?
Maica W.
GA
Who has this album?
Yazmin C.
Porterville , CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Has anyone heard this album?
Markeshia M.
West Palm Bch, FL
What is your favorite song off this album?
Zully G.
Miami
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who had this album? i did shes the bomb!!