BY SAVERNE

Our cabbage is grown of family farms--and has been--for over 100 years. see more...

Jessica L.
Richmond
I'm a big fan of sauerkraut, so I was excited to try this product, as it mixed 2 things that I really enjoyed! Straight out of the jar, the kraut does have an overwhelming flavor of beer. It can be a little much, especially for people who aren't as huge fans of beer or who aren't expecting such a punch of flavor. I found it more hoppy than anything else. I don't think I'd eat this kraut on its own, much like I might eat other sauerkraut (I know, I can be a little strange), but it is great to cook with sausage, peppers, and onions! I think that beer and sausage is an iconic pairing, so this kraut brings a new depth of flavor to a dish like that.
Sylvia R.
Little Rock, AR
This sauerkraut isn't bad. If you eat a bite straight out of the jar, the beer flavor is overwhelming. Not too terrible but it's very prominent. Usually I heat mine with the sausage and it takes the beer flavor out. I don't drink beer often so not sure if that's a good thing or not. I wouldn't mind trying other types they make but this wouldn't be my first choice.